DBZ Episode 70 Audio recording requests

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Coycoy88
Beyond Newbie

DBZ Episode 70 Audio recording requests

Post by Coycoy88 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:45 am

This is just a simple request of a high DVD quality bitrate recording of the audio of episode 70, "Frieza Approaches" from the original FUNimation DVD (not the remastered one) where Goku continues to power up his kaioken technique, with the scared Ginyu & Jeice watching, and the scene where Frieza is fighting the Namekians outside Guru's home. If memory serves me, The BGM is different in the orignal DVD. I'm curious to see if I'd be able to edit out the vocals/sfx. It's very important that the audio is saved at the same quality as it plays on the dvd, for me to be 100% sure it is "rip-able" lol. If anyone has the time to do this, it would be greatly appreciated.
My Youtube account (Coycoy88)

I primarily rip and upload unreleased Faulconer Productions music, as well as some other American dub music.

xzero
Regular

Re: DBZ Episode 70 Audio recording requests

Post by xzero » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:30 am

I can do that for you today. Give me some idea of how you'd like it done, though. I have a DVD audio ripper that can rip in mp3 or wave, but if you want something else, you'll have to let me know. I'm going to go dig that DVD out of the box right now.

EDIT
Wow, so I just watched parts of the episode on the single disc, and then popped in the Orange Brick one. I think the entire Faulconer soundtrack was replaced with completely inappropriate music for each and every scene in the season set. Why the hell does the Dragon Theme play over the Namekians attacking Freeza? Or better question, what's Vegeta's Theme doing over Ginyu and Goku? I'll tell you what: nothing. It sounds terrible. Glad I have the overpriced single circa 2000 :)

By the way, Coycoy, just so you know, the Namekians vs. Freeza scene consists of 3 tracks. One is battle music that I don't think you've ever ripped and I know wasn't released. It's the same track that plays during the beginning of the scene where Vegeta kicks the crap out of Ginyu after Ginyu is returned to his body. Then there's a bridge track over Guru for a few seconds. Then it goes into the same song used during the Androids Saga for the track you ripped with 18 destroying the forest. Or more precisely, it sounds the same. Sometimes a different instrument sneaks in there and it changes it up a bit.

I have the DVD by my computer, so just tell me what you want and I'll get it for you.

xzero
Regular

Post by xzero » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:01 am

I was tired of editing the above post, but I had a quick question for you. I didn't check to see if it's on the season sets (and if not, I can get you the track from the single), but in the end of Ginyu Assault, there's a fairly long section of music, maybe 5 minutes, which includes a variation of the Ginyu Theme and the part where Ginyu uses his scouter to check Goku's power level. If you remember YoYoBoy17, he ripped that track in mono, but it was a little quiet. I was wondering if you could try your hand at it if you get a chance.

Coycoy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Coycoy88 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:21 pm

xzero wrote:I can do that for you today. Give me some idea of how you'd like it done, though. I have a DVD audio ripper that can rip in mp3 or wave, but if you want something else, you'll have to let me know. I'm going to go dig that DVD out of the box right now.
Thanks for that info dude! I'll give your request a shot. Is it the scene where Ginyu knows that Goku is hiding his true power and tells Jeice that Goku's power level could increase in a instant? It's been years since Iv'e seen/heard the original dub version of those scenes/episodes. All Iv'e got are my orange brick sets.

I have a slow internet connection, so I'd prefer MP3 if possible, recorded at the highest possible setting you have. WAV file sizes are enormous in comparison to MP3's of about the same quality.. xD I don't care where you Upload it, as long as it's not Rapidshare... that sites downloads do not work for me.

If after all this, it still doesnt rip right, I may just break down and buy the DVD myself from Amazon, or Ebay.

I primarily rip and upload unreleased Faulconer Productions music, as well as some other American dub music.

xzero
Regular

Post by xzero » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:56 pm

Hey coycoy, check your PMs when you get a chance.

Coycoy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Coycoy88 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:41 pm

Hey, thanks for the files! :D Also, here's the unreleased track you requested.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/2NcyCan8/_ ... u__Je.html

And for good measure, here's the track I ripped from that one audio file you sent me. Again, thank you!

http://www.4shared.com/audio/wWytdX8f/_ ... ku_Fi.html

xzero
Regular

Post by xzero » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:11 pm

^^^Thanks! They both sound great!

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:45 pm

Hey CoyCoy, you know that one track you tried to rip, where Planet Namek exploded with Goku still on it? You know how you couldn't even rip the beginning, and had the rest of it come out in really bad quality? Well, I still can't solve the first section, but if you look at DBZ Episode 233, the 2nd half of that song plays again, and even though it briefly has Goku talking, I imagine it should be way easier to rip.

Also, CoyCoy88, this may be as simple as turning the pitch down on Audacity, but could you please rip the "Long Flashback" remix that plays as Vegeta is begging Dende to heal him?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".