Remastered DVD Menu Themes

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Remastered DVD Menu Themes

Post by Valerius Dover » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:06 pm

Ok, I'd like to try to identify the various tracks that were selected to play on the DVD menus in the Remastered Versions. I don't own any of the original releases, nor do I plan to. I could use some help identifying some in particular, though. Please excuse the crude manner in which this list is presented. I will improve it later.

The Dragon Ball Season Sets use Kikuchi's tracks from the series.
The Dragon Ball Movies use Kikuchi's tracks from Dragon Ball Z Movie 1.
The Dragon Ball Z Season Sets use some guitar riffs that aren't from either version of the series.

I just purchased the Dragon Ball Z Movie Packs (Haven't seen them yet) and these are the ones I'd like identified.
Movies 1-2 use different random guitar riffs than the series.
Movies 3-4 sounds like Johnson's music, possibly from Movie 3.
Movies 5-6 use Kikuchi tracks, most likely from Movie 5, but I can't be sure.
Movies 7 and 9 use the same tracks, most likely Menza's dub music from Movie 7, but I'm not sure.
Movies 8, 10, and 11 use Menza-sounding tracks as well. Most likely Movie 8 dub score.
Movies 12 and 13 really baffled me. I identified a dub Movie 12 track, and a Movie 13 track. There's also a Kikuchi track.

I have yet to see any of the movies even in English, however. That's why I'm unsure. I just tested the Menus after they arrived.
The last two are the strangest. I actually recognize the Kikuchi track, meaning it could even be from the original Dragon Ball if I'm not mistaken. So, any pointers here? I'll make this a more organized list once I get the individual tracks identified.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."