Episode #0281 (11 December 2011)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0281 (11 December 2011)

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:54 pm

Episode #0281 (download MP3) (rss feed) (subscribe in iTunes)
75:12; 96 kbps, mono; 51.9 MB

Episode #0281! VegettoEX and Hujio cover a tiny bit of hilarious-yet-confusing Korean political forecast news (yes, all based around DragonBall) before diving into an endless ocean of listener questions. From deserted islands to mysterious Blu-rays, from name pronunciations to new fans, and from new web series to old doujinshi, we cover just about everything there possibly is to ask with this franchise. Referenced sites:
You gots questions, we gots answers! Most of the time. And there's a lot of time.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Re: Episode #0281 (11 December 2011)

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:05 am

Very informative episode guys! Big thanks for answering my questions, I know I may have asked a few too many questions but you covered all of them very in-depth! :D

PuppetDoctor
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PuppetDoctor » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:58 am

Great podcast as usual. There were a lot of excellent questions asked but unfortunately I couldn't think of any questions until after the podcast was recorded.

I can't wait for the end of year podcast. My predictions for this year were a complete mess and terrible. I checked back on them a couple of weeks ago to see I only got maybe one or two predictions correct.
PuppetDoctor wrote:I am with Meri's evil thoughts and hopes that Dragon Ball Kai is going to end after the Cell Games.

Also nice cookie made by Meri of Kuririn.

Predictions

1. Dragon Ball Kai is going to end after the Cell Games.

2. Viz will not release the Kanzenban.

3. Dragon Ball Raging Blast 3 will be released in November and end the Raging Blast series of games. It will have all of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT stories (in the story mode).

4. The 7th Dragon Box will be released around September to November of 2011.

5. The Ocean Dub of Dragon Ball Kai will air sometime in 2011 on YTV in Canada.

5. The Dragon Box Movies will be announced.

6. There will be an upset by old dub DBZ fans when Daemon Clark doesn't return as Cell in Dragon Ball (Z) Kai.

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:37 pm

This was our actual Twitter conversation regarding "proper phonetics":
LOL Twitter wrote:@VegettoEX:
"dude your accent is fucking disgusting who pronounces budokai like budohkaaai? idiot, or saiyan as Saien? retard, learn proper phonetics"
3:15am - 6 Dec 11

@Hujio:
@VegettoEX Huge lawl to that, my friend! Gotta love people on the internet that know it all.
3:17am - 6 Dec 11

@MeriToT:
@Hujio @VegettoEX I'm glad you can laugh; I'm outright depressed. How in the world could something think that's wrong?
3:24am - 6 Dec 11

@Hujio:
@MeriToT @VegettoEX Oh, it's extremely depressing. The only reaction I really have is to laugh at these things. Accent = Phonetics, right?
3:41am - 6 Dec 11

@SaiyaJedi:
@VegettoEX @MeriToT @Hujio: That's not what "phonetics" is. (It's the study of the physical aspect of speech production and reception.)
12:10pm - 6 Dec 11

@SaiyaJedi:
@VegettoEX @MeriToT @Hujio: Prob. meant "phonology" (study of sounds as units of language), but only as a classier word for "pronunciation".
12:14pm - 6 Dec 11

@Hujio:
Leave it to @saiyajedi to use his smart alec wit to bring a smile to my face. ;p
1:47pm - 6 Dec 11
Incidentally, while we're on the subject of pronunciation, Cowa! is pronounced "koh-wah", as in "kowai".
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

K.O. Ken

Post by K.O. Ken » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:45 pm

Loved the episode guys. And hey, my email got read! Yay!

Just to clarify, when I asked about "new levels of Super Saiya-jin/Saiyan/whatevs" I wasnt referring to things like SSJ 5, 6, or 7 (God forbid). I was actually thinking more along the lines of characters reaching established levels they have yet to achieve, like SSJ3 Gohan, SSJ2 Goten + Trunks, and, wait for it...SSJ3 Vegito!!

A potara-fused SSJ3?! Crazy right? But thats the kinda thing we life for. :lol:

Anywho, cant wait for the next podcast, and I would definitely like to see more episodes like this in the future.

Zrorro

Post by Zrorro » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:17 pm

Thanks for mentioning about that sale on right stuff of those Dragon Ball DVDs. I've been meaning to pick those up since I started buying the DBZ level Blu-rays. So I finally brought them.