Episode #0320 (06 January 2013)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Episode #0320 (06 January 2013)

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:30 pm

It's pretty unfair to classify Nintendo in with abandoning their prior hardware. The Gamecube to the Wii is perhaps the only case where that happened (and maybe you could say Wii into the Wii U, but that was weird because Wii just kinda got left to die while they worked on the new hardware in a different kind of way than prior generations). NES was supported long after SNES launched, SNES still got plenty of great material into the Nintendo 64 days, the GameBoy line all continued into their successors' generations including up through the Nintendo DS (though you could argue they had their "third pillar" agenda, which was clearly just a white lie to fall back on in case the DS failed)...

Of the big folks that jumped ship with prior hardware, Microsoft is the clear "winner" (loser?), but that was for pretty obvious reasons and it was only their first generational shift in history. Maybe Sega with the Saturn is another contender, but in that case it was primarily in North America, whereas in Japan it continued to see support.

So that all being said, yeah, I think there's plenty of room for ZBR to still see the light of day on PS3. As I said during the show, I just don't trust them to do it!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:04 pm

Yeah, you're right with Nintendo, I kind of had my mindset on primarily generation 6 and 7 consoles and I wasn't really taking the other gens into consideration, with NES support being the greatest example of them. And I wasn't taking the handhelds into consideration either... :oops:

Oh, and um, Dragon Balls.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:28 pm

Insertclevername wrote:
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
Craddle wrote:I think you may be right about Zenkai Battle Royale in 2014 except, I do not think it will be available to an outdated platform. PS4 will be released way before ZBR will be.
I agree. I don't know why some people think releasing a game for the PS3 in 2014 is crazy.

Sony has released PS1 games while the PS2 was out. And PS2 games while PS3 was out. Hell, we got Ultimate Battle 22 on PS1 in 2003! :shock:
So, you don't agree with Craddle? Because you said you agreed but said the opposite of his opinion.

Regardless, Sony won't just outright abandon their hardware like Nintendo & Microsoft usually does. The PS3 will still be alive in budget form for years to come.
Wow. I'm an ass. Yea, I don't know what happened there. I was rushing to work and posted that in a hurry.
Last edited by Tanooki Kuribo on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Insertclevername
I Live Here

Post by Insertclevername » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:29 pm

It's a simple mistake, happens to me from time to time. :)

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:29 am

I have a prediction! For the Buu arc of Kai, Toei will add lightning to Gohan's aura when he fights Dabura, adding new fuel to the fire that is that discussion. However, people will continue to have varying opinions on the matter.

...Okay, that last part is a given.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:09 pm

When you guys were talking about "new animation" predictions, you kept falling back on "well, the movie is only coming out this year".............don't the dozen animated Dragon Ball Heroes trailers count as NEW animation? It was driving me nuts :lol: