Episode #0028 (28 May 2006)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0028 (28 May 2006)

Post by VegettoEX » Wed May 31, 2006 9:57 pm

Episode #0028 (download MP3)
51:32; 64 kbps, mono; 23.5 MB

Episode #0028! VegettoEX, Julian, and Meri go over all the big news from the week (FUNimation DVDs, remastered Spanish DVDs, Viz name changes). We also discuss what we would each like to see done with the property now that it is essentially done being released in the US. DBZ ABCs, Top 5 Kuririn Movie Moments, and AnimeNext preparation round out the episode! Referenced sites: Whee! Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the monumental *twenty-eight* episodes, now.

Well, then... this was recorded last Thursday (May 25th), but Meri and I took a Memorial Day Weekend trip out-of-state as soon as we got home from work on Friday, and didn't get back until Monday night. So I didn't even get to start editing until that night. And it took until Tuesday. And then the site went down. And then I still had to get everything else together.

So here it is! It's late, but everything's still relevant and interesting. We hope :P. When everything's back up and running, I'll of course add this into the podcast stream and website pages. All links to the site will work at that point.

w0rd.
Last edited by VegettoEX on Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Wed May 31, 2006 10:01 pm

Wow, finally! Wheww! Can't wait to hear it.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

Namek'jin Ryu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namek'jin Ryu » Wed May 31, 2006 10:03 pm

I'm currently listening to this Podcast, about only three minutes into it. Love it thus far.

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Wed May 31, 2006 10:33 pm

Graon for not being able to listen to this on iTunes, but yay for being able to listen to it at all.

Heh, nice Vegerot reference.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Episode #0028 (28 May 2006)

Post by sangofe » Wed May 31, 2006 10:52 pm

Thanks for the podcast, but hey, fix the BW problems on your main!

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Wed May 31, 2006 10:53 pm

Just a question, but what was that BGM playing at the end of the podcast? I've never heard it in Dragon Ball before.

Namek'jin Ryu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namek'jin Ryu » Wed May 31, 2006 10:59 pm

Wow, I can now see why people are crazy for these Podcasts. I guess you've got yourself a new fan boy.

I have to say I love the way you guys do your Podcast. I figured it'd just be you guys talking once I heard the first five seconds, but I am glad there is music to go along with it. Can't wait for your next installment, however; while I wait, I think I'll check out some old Podcasts. Although that’ll have to wait until tomorrow.

_Jrinu_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by _Jrinu_ » Wed May 31, 2006 11:18 pm

Another fine Podcast from VegerotEX and the crew.

Very funny list this week, great topic, some nice kicks in the balls to Viz. And of course many references to VegerotEX without pants.

My applause on #28 you guys.

Oh yeah and ouch...Meri.

Making fun of those of us who live at Borders. :?
There is no better combination in the world than Dragonball, Cherry Pepsi, and Cheez-Its. It's a proven fact.
The Super Saiya-jin Bobba Fetts: Gym Class Badminton Champions 2006!!
Wii Friend Code: 1134 6268 9135 3724/ Xbox live gamertag: Jrinu
Jump Ultimate Stars Code: 2534 9452 9303

MisterFlashdude
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisterFlashdude » Wed May 31, 2006 11:19 pm

Another great podcast! Worth the wait!

Praise the unicorn staple! I feel like we haven't heard that in a while for some reason...

I appreciate the humor in VegerotEX saying "Hopefully this will be up Monday... not Tuesday morning!"

And the convention advice is appreciated! I'm going to be a first-timer soon! (Though, sadly, not at AnimeNext...)

I give that one a solid B+. Just because if I'd said 'A' folks would be like '...really? I dunno... there's been better...' and if I said 'C' they'd be like 'Hey man! Harsh... harsh..."

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kenisu3000 » Wed May 31, 2006 11:21 pm

So... I'm going to have to second Sebastian's question and ask what that BGM was that was used for the closing music.
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:18 am

Erm... question:
How come there's two Meri's Top 5 topics on EX's post? The first one mentioned is Kuririn's top 5 Movie Moments, and the second is a top 5 significant deaths in the series. :?: :?:
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!

theoriginalbilis

Post by theoriginalbilis » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:22 am

Woohah! Thanks for getting my name right: The Original Bilis! And even more thanks for mentioning me at all

:D

As for the DBZ Season One set, I don't think the vid quality will be all that different from the UUEs. The Dragonball sets used 7-8 eps. on a dual-layer DVD w/ 2 language dubs, and the quality was about equal to the rest of DBZ/DBGT. Funimation's 3-ep DBZ DVDs are about 1/2 the space of the single-layer disc. So, another 4 eps. on a dual-layer disc should fit nicely.

As for the boxset itself, I am dissappointed this didn't come out first instead of the singles. But... I'm selling my DBZ singles (except for the movies) so I can buy this set (and the future ones to come out.)

Great podcast, guys. Keep it up!
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:07 am

You're not supposed to say UNICORN after someone swears, damn it! :x Where's the censorship? Anyway, cool podcast. Kinda. It was just a summary of what's been going on in the past few days, made short.

You were saying that it'd be good to remove the filler for future releases? Most of the filler was darn good.

I still don't understand what "proverbial" (is that the word?) means. :| Yeah... That dictionary definition doesn't make sense.

I have pictures of naked Julian (look below)! I went to his house, and took some shots! :D
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

songoku2k6211

Post by songoku2k6211 » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:06 am

Finally, another great Podcast !!

It Took A While but Meri, Julian & Mike are doing a GREAT JOB!!

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:50 am

Oh, I guess you guys changed the Meri's Top 5 thing...

Wow, I wasn't expecting a Seinfeld reference during Meri's Top 5 :shock:. ... And what's even nastier about Movie 1 was when Kuririn looks up while being pissed on :?...

EDIT: Aaand I still can't get the episode off of iTunes, so I'm following the mp3 link :x... Nevermind, it got fixed :oops:.

I like how Meri sounded all maniacal when she was talking to Mike about how to re-sell all of his DVDs :roll:.
And I agree with Julian that the Daizenshuu should be translated (maybe by someone else other than Viz :?...)-- the masses have a right to them!!

Phred
Beyond Newbie

Post by Phred » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:46 pm

Well, Vegerot makes a bit more sense than Vegito with it's i and o that don't exist in either name in the anime.. but still.
It's a funny name DX
Good podcast, though
[url=http://phred.thegreatbeyond.net]Comix Productions[/url]

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:01 pm

I had to do this: Image

It's VegettoEX's evil, sideburnless twin with a goatee, VegerotEX! :D Goatee inspired by Tanooki Kuribo (who I hope doesn't mind.) Evil tan inspired by Tullece, as well as red/pink scouter.
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:54 pm

veshira wrote:I had to do this: http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/ec8fe33f90.jpg

It's VegettoEX's evil, sideburnless twin with a goatee, VegerotEX! :D Goatee inspired by Tanooki Kuribo (who I hope doesn't mind.) Evil tan inspired by Tullece, as well as red/pink scouter.

Awesome-ness.

Darn it, though... you beat me to making a joke of this sort...
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:59 pm

Hmmm... rebuilding East city just sounds like that one song "We Built this City." ... just thought I'd throw that in, since it's been drilling into my head for so long.

... And another thing that's been pictured in my head for a while after the podcast: Kuririn in a psychiatrist's room talking about yearning to dress up in a purple jumpsuit and a white cape and shoulder pads... (eeew, horrible fanfic in the process).

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:54 pm

Your talk of getting Funi to use influence to get a new version reminds me of how World Events got Toei to do new exclusive Voltron eps for them.
Last edited by Super Sonic on Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.