Episode #0459 (18 November 2018)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0459 (18 November 2018)

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:07 pm

Episode #0459 (download MP3) (rss feed) (subscribe in iTunes) (YouTube version) (SoundCloud version)
32:14; 96 kbps, mono; 22.3 MB

Episode #0459! Mike and Julian provide a guided tour through the "Dragon Ball: Jump Best Scene Top 10" mook (magazine-styled book) released in Japan this month. Tune in for our thoughts on the scenes selected, the printing particularities of the mook, and more!

SEGMENTS:
  • 00:13 - Introduction
  • 01:44 - Topic
  • 30:59 - Wrap-up
REFERENCED SITES:
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Episode #0459 (18 November 2018)

Post by KBABZ » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:03 pm

During the 23rd TB climax entry, Mike said "we all know the answer to that question" regarding the outcome of the tournament. As a kid I had always assumed Goku lost, because the joke seemed to be that he was never able to win it. In the 21st and 22nd Tournaments that I saw on Cartoon Network, Goku lost, and due to the omnipresence of Z, I picked up that Goku abandoned the Tournament at the start of the Buu Arc and the one at the very end of the story. Dragon Ball stopped airing in my area after the end of the 22nd Tournament, so therefore it seemed reasonable to me that he lost that one too! You can only imagine how tense I was when Piccolo shot Goku through the shoulder, haha!

Overall I'm quite pleased with the amount of representation for the "OG" Dragon Ball content here. My top pick personally would be Piccolo Daimao breaking Goku's limbs. That scene is so utterly brutal than I can't help but wince at Goku's pain, and how it makes you feel that Goku is utterly incapable of defeating Daimao as a result (which of course pays off for when he does defeat him soon after). Also helps that this moment followed up Daimao flattening Central City, another one of my all-time most unforgettable moments, particularly in the anime.

When I first heard "Dissection of Son Goku" I thought we were gonna get a medical cross-section with diagram boxes talking about S-Cells and the head injury he sustained as a baby.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Re: Episode #0459 (18 November 2018)

Post by nato25 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:02 pm

Cool to get a couple of timely episodes in a row guys, I know you're huge appreciators of the series history but it is nice getting your opinions on recent stuff as there isn't always recent topics to talk about. Surprised there's been no reaction to the last two broly trailers but with the movie so close probably not much to say yet and I'm glad you haven't done a spoiler discussion yet. I'm starting to hate that the movie premiered a month early I've had a few things ruined for me outside of the obvious, from places I didn't even expect (including Herms Twitter of all places!!!)

This is a good list but I think my top moment would be Majin Vegeta's sacrifice, always a favourite of mine that takes Vegeta's character in an awesome direction that comes full circle at the end of the series. Surprised to not see it mentioned at all.