DB Kai: The Movie

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:23 am

They should redo all the DBZ movies so that they somehow fit into continuity.

I suppose that's pretty impossible, though.

So, instead, a movie about Tulles growing up. How he came by his hairstyle, run-ins with Raditz, Vegeta, and Nappa, how he assembled his crew, various planets he destroyed with the tree.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Re: DB Kai: The Movie

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:36 am

Eddie wrote:As you all know, a popular anime series will often get at least one movie. Do you think there will be a new DB movie for Kai? If so, what would you like to see in one? I'm not sure what I'd really want, but a certain game related announcement has made me wonder if Broly might get yet another movie. DBZ movie 11 ended with Broly causing trouble in Hell. Toei likes money (perfectly understandable), so maybe they'll use that scenario (adding this new SSJ 3 into the mix) to milk the Broly cow for all it's worth. I love movie 8, but I really don't want another Broly movie. Anyway, what do you want? What do you not want?
I do not think there will be a new DB movie for Kai, but if there was, I'd like to have a movie on the backstory of one of the characters, like Piccolo (please please please please please please please please) or Freeza. Not the Saiyans though, we know enough.

And God forbid they ever make another Broly movie with LSSJ3 Broly in it. 3 movies is enough, Broly, now fuck off and DIE ALREADY!!!! :evil:
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:40 am

linkdude20002001 wrote:I don't care if it's another Brolli movie; anything would be appreciated. I've only ever seen the first Brolli movie (English dubbed... it was AWFUL), so it's not like I've had too much of him. I'd really like to see a movie about Future Trunks. There could be some new enemy after he destroys the artificial humans.
They've kinda done that in Shin Budokai 2 (although since Shin Budokai 2 likes to get all the characters involved because that's the only way you can unlock all the characters, it was kinda jumbled in places). Although an movie with Future Trunks against a new threat would be cool.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:21 pm

A movie similar to the recent anniversary special would be just right. Yo!! hit all the right notes with regards to setting, not taking itself too seriously and making us realize just how much we've missed these characters.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.