Kix TV (UK) Considering Dragonball Z Kai?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Kix TV (UK) Considering Dragonball Z Kai?

Post by SSJSteve » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:31 pm

Hey all.

I tweeted Kix TV yesterday asking if they would be airing Dragonball Z Kai on their channel. This was the reply I got:
Kix TV wrote:we're just looking at a screener of it, but no decisions made yet
Link

So, DBZKai could come to the UK via Kix...

Thoughts?

Rory
I Live Here

Re: Kix TV (UK) Considering Dragonball Z Kai?

Post by Rory » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:10 pm

Thoughts?
I think I'm indifferent at this point. I'd most likely check it out if it were the Ocean dub (and by check it out, I mean only catch an episode or two).
The internet and my NA imported Dragon Boxes really makes a UK broadcast of Kai quite irrelevant to me.
It'd be cool for the kids though, I guess. It's been long enough to let a new generation of primary/high schoolers get beat up for liking Dragon Ball.

TestDemo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TestDemo » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:18 pm

-
Last edited by TestDemo on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:23 pm

I wouldn't be able to watch it if Kix did air it (don't have Sky) but it would be great for people who have never seen the show.
TestDemo wrote:Can you post this on UKDB Steve?
Yeah sure :).

TestDemo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TestDemo » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:27 pm

-
Last edited by TestDemo on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

penguintruth
Banned

Post by penguintruth » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:49 pm

Prepare for the Ocean dub.
Kentai wrote:Son Gokuu is a fascinating character anyway, because he is - at face value, anyway - an idiot savant. The victim of violent head trauma as an infant [...] he's a simple bumpkin with a fair share of brain damage who's natural talents to work out what's wrong compensate for his broad lack of common sense. But he's also a fighter, through and through [...] he fight until he has, in no uncertain terms, beaten his enemy on terms they can both acknowledge. He doesn't want to kill anyone, or even prove that he can win... he just wants to know he can. He's an ineffably charming bastard who's manly leanings were really incendental, and yes, the fact that he was voiced by a squeaky woman made the combination perhaps all the more charming.

Dragon Ball (Z) Kai Reviews!

Can I get a Schemen?

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:04 am

That's great, Dragon Ball Kai would be perfect for them.

Their channel reminds me of a toned down version of CNX/Toonami too since they have Batman of the Future and Ultimate Muscle, plus extreme sports shows.

I guess they're seeing the Ocean dub screener, that's pretty cool.

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:57 pm

penguintruth wrote:Prepare for the Ocean dub.
Maybe, it's still an unknown though. It's been almost a year 1/2 since any word on the Inuyasha final act dub and I even asked viz. Their reply, no we're not working on one.
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

TestDemo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TestDemo » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:28 pm

The only thing that can be said apart from what was already mentioned is this tweet from Kix. Although If I were a betting man I would put my money on Kix already having brought it, just not outright saying it.

Daimo-Rukiri

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:01 pm

Kix TV only screams "hey we're going to butcher this show with edits" I've been to the UK and it's edit city.
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!

SSJSteve
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJSteve » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:26 pm

Daimo-Rukiri wrote:Kix TV only screams "hey we're going to butcher this show with edits" I've been to the UK and it's edit city.
Eh, it's not the bad over here. America is a lot more strict with TV.

Daimo-Rukiri

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:45 pm

Depends on the network really, take adult swim for example it's basically free for all. Time slots play a big role as well.

Though a kid oriented network will always have edits lol.

Though didn't the blue-water dub air uncut?

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:38 pm

No, it didn't, but that's just because they got the pre-edited French footage. Had they gotten the same master that FUNi gotten it may have aired uncut.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

Ashy-kun
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ashy-kun » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:49 pm

That said, the dub of DragonBall GT we got here in the UK (and presumably DragonBall) was uncut. That said, it WAS airing on CNX at the time, and CNX was pretty good for shows at a certain time. During the day, it'd be the more editted stuff, and later on it was more uncut stuff like Outlaw Star. (Hurray for getting to mention my first fully uncut anime, which to this day holds a soft spot in my heart.)
Your freelance, amateur translator, with over a year's worth of self-taught experience. Once an honorary member of Team Kinniku, and a man with his work shown in various places here and there. If you have a song you'd like me to look over, I'll happily look it over and see if I can translate it for you.

Most Recent Song Added to Ashy-kun's Song Translation Topic: Yoake no Kodomo-tachi (Translated: The Children of the Dawn)

Invisible Crane

Post by Invisible Crane » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:01 pm

Ashy-kun wrote:That said, the dub of DragonBall GT we got here in the UK (and presumably DragonBall) was uncut. That said, it WAS airing on CNX at the time, and CNX was pretty good for shows at a certain time. During the day, it'd be the more editted stuff, and later on it was more uncut stuff like Outlaw Star. (Hurray for getting to mention my first fully uncut anime, which to this day holds a soft spot in my heart.)
CNX also aired Cowboy Bebop uncut as well IIRC
That said, the dub of DragonBall GT we got here in the UK (and presumably DragonBall) was uncut
Wait, really!?!...wow that's ballsy of them to do so

Ashy-kun
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ashy-kun » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:03 am

I believe so. The episode I keep thinking of is the one with... Ummm... You know... The water and wind dragon? The one that was made by the wish for panties? Well, first off, we got the line "the girl's underwear", as opposed to just being a comfortable pair of underwear, and we even get greeted by the sight of nude Son Gokuu's backside. Plus, here and there we still got references to the Turtle Hermit's, ahem, reading material and his nosebleeds, etc.
Your freelance, amateur translator, with over a year's worth of self-taught experience. Once an honorary member of Team Kinniku, and a man with his work shown in various places here and there. If you have a song you'd like me to look over, I'll happily look it over and see if I can translate it for you.

Most Recent Song Added to Ashy-kun's Song Translation Topic: Yoake no Kodomo-tachi (Translated: The Children of the Dawn)

Paradox295
Beyond Newbie

Post by Paradox295 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:04 pm

TestDemo wrote:At least they're just looking at it. I'd hate it if they actually got it. 544x576 picture, sharing bandwidth with 16 other channels, on the HD remaster of DBZ? DBZ does not deserve this kind of treatment. Here's hoping Adult Swim gets it. Can you post this on UKDB Steve?
Even though AS is launching soon in the UK, I'd much prefer if CN had it.
Adventure Time + Regular Show + DBZ Kai = Awesomeness

I also hope CN and AS get HD channels in the UK aswell, otherwise I hope DXD or Nick gets it

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:07 pm

Ashy-kun wrote:That said, the dub of DragonBall GT we got here in the UK (and presumably DragonBall) was uncut. That said, it WAS airing on CNX at the time, and CNX was pretty good for shows at a certain time. During the day, it'd be the more editted stuff, and later on it was more uncut stuff like Outlaw Star. (Hurray for getting to mention my first fully uncut anime, which to this day holds a soft spot in my heart.)
CNX even aired the fan-service episode of Outlaw Star; Hotsprings of Tenrai, which contained a fair bit of nudity.
God I miss CNX, it was honestly best channel/line-up I've seen, period.

Wasn't the Blue Water Dragon Ball dub uncut as well (Piccolo blasting a hole through Gokuu's shoulder, who then coughs up blood etc)?

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:53 pm

Rory wrote:
CNX even aired the fan-service episode of Outlaw Star; Hotsprings of Tenrai, which contained a fair bit of nudity.
God I miss CNX, it was honestly best channel/line-up I've seen, period.

Wasn't the Blue Water Dragon Ball dub uncut as well (Piccolo blasting a hole through Gokuu's shoulder, who then coughs up blood etc)?
Not really, A lot of Goku's nudity in the early episodes were either censored or cut. Roshi's perviness was also toned down.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:41 pm

DB_Fan1991 wrote:Not really, A lot of Goku's nudity in the early episodes were either censored or cut. Roshi's perviness was also toned down.
That's funny, I remember seeing naked Gokuu in Blue Water's GT dub.