Quick question about the season 1 set

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Flamzeron
Not-So-Newbie

Quick question about the season 1 set

Post by Flamzeron » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:52 am

All season 1 sets being sold on Amazon and Rightstuf have the Kikuchi score, right? There's no mix of the Yamamoto DVDs and the Kikuchi DVDs (meaning they are selling both and it's a gamble as to which one you'll get, unless stated otherwise), correct?

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Quick question about the season 1 set

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:45 pm

You'll get Kikuchi as long as you buy the ones direct from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-Kai-S ... 708&sr=8-1
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Flamzeron
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Flamzeron » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:42 pm

Are there any other differences between the Yamamoto and Kikuchi DVDs?

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:11 pm

Uh, yeah. One has music by Kenji Yamamoto and the other has music by Shunsuke Kikuchi. :P

In all seriousness, you can tell the difference on the case because the UPC differs between the two. But like I said, order direct from Amazon, and you're getting Kikuchi.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Sapling

Post by Sapling » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:35 pm

Actually, there are two listings on amazon right now. The link that Metalwario provided seems to be for the more recent Kikuchi-score release. The following listing is fulfilled by amazon, but sold by a company called MN Media.

http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-Kai-S ... Ball+Z+Kai

As you can see on the product details, the release dates for the two are not the same; the quantity available is also indicative of a more limited release. That being the case, I'd say it's worth checking into.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:56 pm

Sapling wrote:Actually, there are two listings on amazon right now. The link that Metalwario provided seems to be for the more recent Kikuchi-score release. The following listing is fulfilled by amazon, but sold by a company called MN Media.

http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-Kai-S ... Ball+Z+Kai

As you can see on the product details, the release dates for the two are not the same; the quantity available is also indicative of a more limited release. That being the case, I'd say it's worth checking into.
What do you mean it's worth checking into? I said as long as it's direct from Amazon, it's Kikuchi. That other listing is from a 3rd party seller's stock, and it's the older Yamamoto release listing. You'd be taking a chance ordering from that one.

Isn't there an something about this on the site anyway?

Sapling

Post by Sapling » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:50 am

I meant no disrespect; I simply thought I would build on what you had already covered by providing a bit more clarification on the subject.

When taking third party sellers into consideration, it is a gamble as to which release you will actually receive. I thought I'd better the original poster's chances of hunting down a particular version of this set (should he/she wish to do so) by supplying another existing page where the item in question is listed.

I'm very sorry if I've caused any confusion.

Flamzeron
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Flamzeron » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:39 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:Uh, yeah. One has music by Kenji Yamamoto and the other has music by Shunsuke Kikuchi. :P

In all seriousness, you can tell the difference on the case because the UPC differs between the two. But like I said, order direct from Amazon, and you're getting Kikuchi.
Well, yeah. I already knew that.

I meant besides the music change.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:25 am

Only difference besides the music is that Kikuchi is credited instead of Yamamoto within the episodes.

Flamzeron
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Flamzeron » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:31 am

Metalwario64 wrote:Only difference besides the music is that Kikuchi is credited instead of Yamamoto within the episodes.
Okie doke. Thank you!