Buu Saga Kai

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Buu Saga Kai

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:05 am

B wrote:The new ending shown in the 45-second preview is remarkably "un-Dragon Ball-like." I don't remember having such a reaction to "Wings of the Heart"...
It still sounds better than Wings of the Heart to me. It's at least not as "girly". Wings of the Heart would better fit a Shojo or something.

Still doesn't fit though. :|
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:09 am

kei17 wrote:
Puto wrote:There's always the option of Toei sending them the new songs after the TV deal was secured, since nobody'd aired it yet anyway.
I cannot imagine that actually happening because producing new songs to sell CDs is Columbia's business in Japan and there is very little point for Toei in bothering to spend extra money for producing new masters and sending them which does nothing good to themselves. Maybe Columbia would pay, but I don't know it's worth it.

Also, my guess is that the newly drawn shots in the first trailer that aren't currently present in the Japanese version are actually from the opening or ending to the international version.
As I've said before, this International Version is either going to be a case of Regional Bonus or Bad Export For You depending on whether the songs are there or not. That's why I've been asking all these questions about the Korean airing, since it'll give us a straight answer. We already know the Sumitomo score was being used for it, but the theme songs they would simply have no reason to do outisde of a Japanese TV airing. Again, there's a possibility of them sending over the updated theme songs, since those are usually done late in production anyway, but it depends entirely on how late the decision to air it on Japanese TV.

Man, this whole situation sucks. First, I learned about the One Piece situation and feared we wouldn't be getting dubbed songs. Now, it looks like we won't be gettng them at all. :(
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:29 am

Confirmed 16:9 for international version too!? Anibox shows Gohan being acted out and you see its not 4:3.
Holy fucking shit. He linked me to twitter. Anibox shows Dbz kai in fucking 16;9

The text says:
Voicing Gohan today! The actor is Lee Dong-Noon if you're curious. Anne Box Now! Facebook GO!
Last edited by TheGmGoken on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:00 pm

16:9 is the aspect ratio.

If the Blu-rays in Japan are 16:9 as advertised, there's not likely to be a 4:3 version coming.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:01 pm

So is the green tint gone for the international version?

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:04 pm

Why is everybody so worked up about the green tint? It's not worse than the Orange Bricks or anything. Yes, the green tint is gone, but it's darker now.

The real weird thing now is the theme songs. Apparently, Korea is getting completely different songs than the Japanese Version. No idea what this means for the rest of the world, though. It's better than re-using the old ones, at least.

"This sucks. Make more."

JEFFMAN219
Regular

Post by JEFFMAN219 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:05 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:16:9 is the aspect ratio.

If the Blu-rays in Japan are 16:9 as advertised, there's not likely to be a 4:3 version coming.
To be honest the aspect ratio doesn't really bother me anymore but it would have been nice if Toei left it Kai in 4:3. But who knows maybe the home releases in North America will be in 4:3.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:09 pm

JEFFMAN219 wrote:So is the green tint gone for the international version?
Yes but it's darker now. Idk why though.
AjayLikesGaming wrote:16:9 is the aspect ratio.

Sorry a bit confused. Was this a reply to my post Confirming 16:9 or just giving your opinion
Last edited by TheGmGoken on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:19 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
Sorry a bit confused. Was this a reply to my post Confirming 16:3 or just giving your opinion
Yes, 16:3 isn't correct. It's 16:9.

16:3 is like a mile long horizontally with barely any height.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:24 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:
Sorry a bit confused. Was this a reply to my post Confirming 16:3 or just giving your opinion
Yes, 16:3 isn't correct. It's 16:9.

16:3 is like a mile long horizontally with barely any height.
Oops typo. How stupid of me. :sick:

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:28 pm

Funimation did put out the original Dragon Ball Movies in 4:3, despite those not having come out in Japan in that aspect ratio. As far as I know, at least.

"This sucks. Make more."

Ryuman
Regular

Post by Ryuman » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:47 pm

Is it just me or is the art for Junjou's B-type Limited Edition single a lot better than most other art we've been getting recently? It just seems like everyone has been drawn in a more interesting way...

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:06 pm

Maybe I'm just looking for imperfections, but the things that seem "off" to me:
  • Piccolo's head(too small?)
  • Gohan's outward fist/entire arm
  • Goku, Goten, and Trunks. They just seem to be making unnatural, uncomfortable poses.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:12 pm

It's obviously based on this.

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:52 pm

Maybe it's better if it's darker, i remember there was a scene during Gohan and Goten training where Gohan skin color was pale as a ghost. His skin color was literally white.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:42 pm

I think its still soon for a new ending.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:25 pm

The new ending seems promising, keeping in line with Dragon Ball's usual pop-rock.
Despite the verses sounding more acoustic, the intro hints at a rock chorus.
It's basically a female alternative to Dear Zarathustra.

13 episodes for the first ending, as the new one will kick in at episode 14 (episode 112 as a whole).
Multiply that by four, and you get 52 episodes. Consider than there will probably be a few weeks without Dragon Ball Kai due to specific events, and you get LESS than 52 episodes. Just an hypothesis though, cause maths can't make everything predictable.

DBZ_Lee
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ_Lee » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:52 pm

Cold Skin wrote:The new ending seems promising, keeping in line with Dragon Ball's usual pop-rock.
Despite the verses sounding more acoustic, the intro hints at a rock chorus.
It's basically a female alternative to Dear Zarathustra.

13 episodes for the first ending, as the new one will kick in at episode 14 (episode 112 as a whole).
Multiply that by four, and you get 52 episodes. Consider than there will probably be a few weeks without Dragon Ball Kai due to specific events, and you get LESS than 52 episodes. Just an hypothesis though, cause maths can't make everything predictable.
I'm going to assume that it could very well be 48 - it would make sense, as thus far, 4 sets of 12 have appeared on amazon Japan, the 4th is linked below, covering Kai episodes 135-146.
I'm sure last year, One Piece took four weeks off in total.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%89%E3%83 ... D4P9P91R73

TheAldella
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheAldella » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:20 pm

Where is everyone seeing this new ending?
Favorite anime -
Mob Psycho 100
Yu Yu Hakusho

Favorite movies -
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Zack Snyder's Justice League
HybridSaiyan wrote:Super better nail the fusion right. I don't want to see some gay twirling shit like the Zamasu fusion when they should just smack dicks together and merge.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:00 pm

TheAldella wrote:Where is everyone seeing this new ending?

"There's a s-eh, screw it. Here's a link: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2014/06/17/se ... announced/
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog