Will Toei animation censor the buu saga of Kai like Toriko?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Morgil

Re: Will Toei animation censor the buu saga of Kai like Tori

Post by Morgil » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:36 am

Super Sonic wrote:Question if any Americans here have Toriko on dvd. Is it censored there, or less censored from its Japanese broadcast? Know quite a few of Funimation's fanservice shows' dvds have bare boobies on them, while their original Japanese broadcasts didn't. Heck, was just earlier watching the commentary on Maken-Ki, and Ian Sinclair and Scott Freeman said there were censor glares they saw when recording but heard the dvds wouldn't have them.
The only show that i've personally seen that did that was Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. Specifically, i recall seeing a jp TV rip of an episode with a bunch of soldiers climbing a hill shaped like a certain lady part, which had a big black censor bar across it. The dubbed DVD (which i highly recommend, btw) did not have the censor bar.
[url]http://forums.chozosanctuary.com/[/url]

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:51 am

Morgil wrote:I'm currently re-watching Kai and just got to that episode. Now, my memory on the original Z version is shaky, but in Kai that scene was still pretty brutal and had plenty of blood in it.

I reiterate, i have faith that Buu Kai will be just fine.
They shortened that scene as I remember in DBZ Kuririn being impaled for sometime whereas Kai didn't take too long before it put a stop to it. It's not that I like seeing Kuririn in pain but it was a bummer it didn't last that much.

Edit: Japanese TV broadcast don't seem to care too much about adult stuff otherwise they wouldn't give this robot a train for a dick.

http://kotaku.com/the-biggest-boner-you ... 1535055940
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:37 pm

dbboxkaifan wrote:
Morgil wrote:I'm currently re-watching Kai and just got to that episode. Now, my memory on the original Z version is shaky, but in Kai that scene was still pretty brutal and had plenty of blood in it.

I reiterate, i have faith that Buu Kai will be just fine.
They shortened that scene as I remember in DBZ Kuririn being impaled for sometime whereas Kai didn't take too long before it put a stop to it. It's not that I like seeing Kuririn in pain but it was a bummer it didn't last that much.

Edit: Japanese TV broadcast don't seem to care too much about adult stuff otherwise they wouldn't give this robot a train for a dick.

http://kotaku.com/the-biggest-boner-you ... 1535055940
Once again they REMOVE filler for Krillin being impaled. The manga version was short as well. They follow panel by panel during Impaled. It wasn't censorship it was filler removal

ThunderPX
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ThunderPX » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:30 am

Morgil wrote:
Super Sonic wrote:Question if any Americans here have Toriko on dvd. Is it censored there, or less censored from its Japanese broadcast? Know quite a few of Funimation's fanservice shows' dvds have bare boobies on them, while their original Japanese broadcasts didn't. Heck, was just earlier watching the commentary on Maken-Ki, and Ian Sinclair and Scott Freeman said there were censor glares they saw when recording but heard the dvds wouldn't have them.
The only show that i've personally seen that did that was Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. Specifically, i recall seeing a jp TV rip of an episode with a bunch of soldiers climbing a hill shaped like a certain lady part, which had a big black censor bar across it. The dubbed DVD (which i highly recommend, btw) did not have the censor bar.
I don't know about this particular example, but it seems that a lot of Japanese home releases tend to show more than the TV versions too. Just check out this comparison of the first JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Blu-Ray versus the TV versions of those episodes: http://www.kira-reviews.com/blog/archives/14307 (Page contains lots and lots of images, so if you've got a slow connection it may be a bad idea to click.)
I'm Rosie (she/her). My username is a chuuni holdover from nearly two decades ago :shock: