Any chance Funimation will fix the "green tint"?

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Flame Dragon
Regular

Any chance Funimation will fix the "green tint"?

Post by Flame Dragon » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:07 pm

So i heard Funi has the habit of brightnening their releases, so do you think when the English Dub DVDs of Buu Kai will come out, they will be color corrected?
Do you wish for them to do it? Maybe someone can ask them, or better, give them the suggestion to do it.

So maybe all the green tint complainers will be finally satisfied. :thumbup:

Fulicer
Beyond Newbie

Re: Any chance Funimation will fix the "green tint"?

Post by Fulicer » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:01 pm

Flame Dragon wrote:So i heard Funi has the habit of brightnening their releases, so do you think when the English Dub DVDs of Buu Kai will come out, they will be color corrected?
Do you wish for them to do it? Maybe someone can ask them, or better, give them the suggestion to do it.

If it's easy to do, probably. Correct me if I'm wrong but I read somewhere that the previous Kai releases here looked a different from the blu-ray/DVD releases in Japan (color-wise).

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:37 pm

I would hope that the tint only ends up existing for the TV broadcast, and is fixed for ALL home video releases, not just those for or by FUNimation.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

dbboxkaifan
Banned

Post by dbboxkaifan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:31 pm

Flame Dragon wrote:So i heard Funi has the habit of brightening their releases, so do you think when the English Dub DVDs of Buu Kai will come out, they will be color corrected?

FUNimation usually doesn't seem to edit anything on other remasters they receive from Japan, other than replacing the Japanese credits with English text so it's probably a no.

And no again for everyone not being satisfied because the picture quality wouldn't look that great even without the green tint for a supposedly HD series.
FUNimation 2015 Releases I want:
- Kai 2.0 on Blu-ray

SSJ3_Zack
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ3_Zack » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:21 pm

I messaged Funimation on Facebook about possibly fixing the green tint. Hopefully I may get a reply soon.

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:04 pm

SSJ3_Zack wrote:I messaged Funimation on Facebook about possibly fixing the green tint. Hopefully I may get a reply soon.
Dude, they're not even ready to acknowledge that they have the license for the Buu arc yet. Sorry to say, there's no way you're getting a reply that amounts to anything other than "we're unaware."
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:05 am

I don't think they would, but if they did, I'd welcome it. Some screenshots that I saw with the green tint removed looked spectacular, perhaps the best I've ever seen DBZ footage look.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:15 am

I remember that the BOG trailer we got in Italy had a green tint too, but was fixed when it aired on theathers, and it probably will be fixed on home releases too. Perhaps a similar thing will happen?