"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ssgvegito30
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Ssgvegito30 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:17 am

I hope it's a new movie or or they announce the next arc after universe 6 arc...
"You may have invaded my mind and my body, but there's one thing a Saiyan always keeps! His pride!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:02 am

I think it'll be a new game cause the movies were announced in July so the next one will probably be announced in July as well.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:33 am

It'd be great if was a new movie but I expect it'll be some shit like Dragon Ball Heroes 3.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:31 am

I decided to take some more Blu-ray screenshots because why not. I tried to get a good variety of shots from each episode, including a lot of motion heavy stuff and transitional frames.

I won't embed them all here because they're giant PNGs and I don't want to break anyone's machines. But here's some of the most important shots.
I also noticed that Videl is indeed still missing her leggings in some shots of Episode 3 after all. Maybe that error didn't get enough attention, or they just lacked time/resources.
-Rachel

soleil444
Beyond Newbie

Post by soleil444 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:42 am

What mean legging? Leg?
Please understand: it's my first time on an english board about DB & i have a very very bad english!! thanks

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:59 am

soleil444 wrote:What mean legging? Leg?
Her high socks. But it's just in that one scene actually, so i guess no one noticed it. It would be very easy to adjust.

Bullza wrote:It'd be great if was a new movie but I expect it'll be some shit like Dragon Ball Heroes 3.
Yeah, a movie would be plausible but i have the feeling it's gonna be something disappointing like that.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:27 am

As far as Specials go, one about Beerus/Whis/Champa/Vados past would be the most welcome to me.
fadeddreams5 wrote:While we're at it, Piccolo needs a new hobby too.
Take care of Pan.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:38 pm

Dragon Ball Heroes Ultimate Mission 3 would be awesome but that hardly would be that big an announcement. I also hope it's not something related to the manga. I figure it has to be anime-related but whatever it is, hopefully Toriyama's involved as well.

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:46 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Yes, it's doubtful the majority of the money for Dragon Ball Z: Fukkatsu no F came from Fuji TV and Toei Animation. Animation studios themselves rarely have the money to produce anything on their own, hence the creation of production committees and television network partnerships. With Dragon Ball Kai, however, we know it was paid for mostly in part by Fuji TV, so it makes sense to use something already owned by them. The flashback to Gokuu and Kuririn's training or the spare shot of Gohan from the Namek arc can easily be chalked up to wanting to try to win whatever creative battles the production team could, too.
I just figured that the Goku/Kuririn flashback was redrawn because they don't have original DB footage in HD whereas they do for Z through Kai, figuring it would be less effort to just redraw the shot instead of rescanning the episode in question in HD.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:56 pm

OmegaRockman wrote:I just figured that the Goku/Kuririn flashback was redrawn because they don't have original DB footage in HD whereas they do for Z through Kai, figuring it would be less effort to just redraw the shot instead of rescanning the episode in question in HD.
They also redrawn the flashback where Freeza destroyed planet Vegeta.

SSJGBGoku
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJGBGoku » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:03 pm

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:
OmegaRockman wrote:I just figured that the Goku/Kuririn flashback was redrawn because they don't have original DB footage in HD whereas they do for Z through Kai, figuring it would be less effort to just redraw the shot instead of rescanning the episode in question in HD.
They also redrawn the flashback where Freeza destroyed planet Vegeta.
When Whis was seeing SSJ Goku V/S Freeza fight flashback in his staff , that was also redrawn I guess.

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:51 pm

Not sure if this has been posted before, but here it is. TV vs BluRay in motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKF_uU6poNM

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:54 pm

Mnich wrote:Not sure if this has been posted before, but here it is. TV vs BluRay in motion.
Yup. I posted it last night as soon as it finished uploading - http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... 0#p1022310
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:54 pm

Mnich wrote:Not sure if this has been posted before, but here it is. TV vs BluRay in motion.

Shunsuke Kikuchi OST for the win!
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

soleil444
Beyond Newbie

Post by soleil444 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:30 pm

@Araki: thanks for explain! :D
Please understand: it's my first time on an english board about DB & i have a very very bad english!! thanks

ciccioDM

Post by ciccioDM » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:57 pm

More than full lenght movies, I hope they start doing some 45mins specials, like Bardock or History of Trunks.
I seriously hope they do an animated transposition of Ginga Patrol Jaco though, would make lot of sense :lol:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:54 pm

I don't see the new announcement being a movie, but if it is I hope it's either a "non canon side story" like the DB and Z movies or is a story that takes place during the Universe 6 tournament following the characters that don't go as they fight some bad guy.
I personally think it's going to be Xenoverse 2 though, that makes the most sense to me.
I doubt it's another Heroes port, they're probably saving that for the next generation Nintendo hardware.
Ajay wrote:Alright, here's a quick comparison video I threw together. From editing this, it seems there's roughly less than two minutes worth of corrections made to the episode. I'll check the other episodes tomorrow as it's pretty late here.

Enjoy! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKF_uU6poNM
Looks so much better, looks pretty good in motion.
Though oddly one shot of Beerus had his head redrawn at a different angle and now in the new shot he looks off model while in the broadcast version he was on model... weird.

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:05 pm

I suspect the next Dragon Ball movie will be the first part of a Universe 6 compilation, so it's too early for that right now.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:12 pm

Toei doesn't really do compilation movies with existing footage though; that's more a KyoAni thing. Toei does compilation specials, but not movies I don't think.
Unless you mean them doing a reverse-Super and making a movie version of the Uni 6 arc?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:01 pm

Chuquita wrote:Toei doesn't really do compilation movies with existing footage though; that's more a KyoAni thing. Toei does compilation specials, but not movies I don't think.
Unless you mean them doing a reverse-Super and making a movie version of the Uni 6 arc?
I think that's what most people here are expecting, if we get another movie.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup: