"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:41 pm

Sodhi wrote:The episode titles can be changed too remember that, this may be just to trick us.
While there's certainly precedent for episode titles changing slightly between some print publication promotion and its actual airing, there's zero benefit to them tossing out red herrings to that degree. That's just not going to happen and it's not the case here.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:55 pm

seriously why do people think piccolo will get beaten easily The reason why he is in the tournament is probably because he will win a match

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:30 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:seriously why do people think piccolo will get beaten easily The reason why he is in the tournament is probably because he will win a match
Not necessarily true. Yamcha was in every TB tourny, and he always lost in every first round. Piccolo could very well be used to demonstrate how powerful and skilled Frost is. Considering it's teased Frost has more forms, I highly doubt Piccolo is going to win. At best he could potentially do well against form 1. Heck the last time he was in a tourney, he forfeited to showcase Kaioshin both in rank and ability.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:42 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:seriously why do people think piccolo will get beaten easily The reason why he is in the tournament is probably because he will win a match
Not necessarily true. Yamcha was in every TB tourny, and he always lost in every first round. Piccolo could very well be used to demonstrate how powerful and skilled Frost is. Considering it's teased Frost has more forms, I highly doubt Piccolo is going to win. At best he could potentially do well against form 1. Heck the last time he was in a tourney, he forfeited to showcase Kaioshin both in rank and ability.
Thats the problem toriyama should not use characters to show how strong a character is
the reason i think he will win is beacuse it could have been a 4 vs 4 and then still have buu fail the test to leave universe 7 at a disadvantage and why would he put in a character who has not had a decent fight since the androids to just get beaten easily when we know piccolo as of right now is a lot weaker then vegeta and goku so it wont show how strong frost is.

Also why is everyone assuming frost will have multiple transformations and be super strong just because he is the same race as frieza.
This is the same for other characters everyone assumes cabe, hit and frost will be powerful while botamo and magetta will be weak based on race and looks alone all you have to do is look at monaka.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:58 pm

So I'm going to post my prediction. I think goku will fight against frost and severely weaken him before losing. Then it'll basically be piccolo's job to finish him off with a special beam cannon in his weak spot. That way it doesn't seem bullshit that piccolo won because frost will be severely weakened and wont seem bullshit that goku lost so early because he did a lot of work by beating botamo and almost beating frost. What do you guys think?
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Speedster
Regular

Post by Speedster » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:07 pm

I predict that Botamo's special tenchique is to inflate himself like Cell in order to force Goku out of the ring in a similar manner Froug tried to do against Maraikoh in the Other World Tournament. The fact that there is an unbreakable dome as a ceiling and that you cannot kill your opponent are factors. So my prediction is that Goku ends up bursting/killing Botamo and therefore gets disqualified.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:12 pm

kinisking wrote:So I'm going to post my prediction. I think goku will fight against frost and severely weaken him before losing. Then it'll basically be piccolo's job to finish him off with a special beam cannon in his weak spot. That way it doesn't seem bullshit that piccolo won because frost will be severely weakened and wont seem bullshit that goku lost so early because he did a lot of work by beating botamo and almost beating frost. What do you guys think?
as long as piccolo wins then the tournament will be interesting

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:39 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Thats the problem toriyama should not use characters to show how strong a character is
the reason i think he will win is beacuse it could have been a 4 vs 4 and then still have buu fail the test to leave universe 7 at a disadvantage and why would he put in a character who has not had a decent fight since the androids to just get beaten easily when we know piccolo as of right now is a lot weaker then vegeta and goku so it wont show how strong frost is.

Also why is everyone assuming frost will have multiple transformations and be super strong just because he is the same race as Freeza.
This is the same for other characters everyone assumes cabe, hit and frost will be powerful while botamo and magetta will be weak based on race and looks alone all you have to do is look at monaka.
The title of the episode he's in even further suggests he probably won't win. "Bet Everything on the Makankosappo". That's not a good sign if a title to his fight is a last ditch effort move.

Also we've read the bio's. Frost's bio teases he might have more transformations, which likely means he does have some more forms. Cabba's bio questioned how strong he was, and Hit also had some description of being strong. Botamo was only listed as being confident in his strength, which usually isn't a good description to mean they're powerful. Magetta's bio listed that he may have some interesting techniques, which teases he may rely more on tricks than raw power.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:28 pm

Assuming it does end in a tie, instead of Botamo winning and then Piccolo quickly winning against a worn out opponent,... They made a point to note that Botamo doesn't have hair, despite looking like a bear. I'm going to guess that it will end with a gag, where Botamo makes himself super slippery and then accidentally trips and knocks both himself and Goku out of the ring.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:50 am

Does this reveal anything?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:53 am

Are they popping bubble-wrap in that 4 panel comic? XD

Also; NewType is out so hopefully soon full staff info should appear!
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:27 am

dbzfan7 wrote:The title of the episode he's in even further suggests he probably won't win. "Bet Everything on the Makankosappo". That's not a good sign if a title to his fight is a last ditch effort move.

Also we've read the bio's. Frost's bio teases he might have more transformations, which likely means he does have some more forms. Cabba's bio questioned how strong he was, and Hit also had some description of being strong. Botamo was only listed as being confident in his strength, which usually isn't a good description to mean they're powerful. Magetta's bio listed that he may have some interesting techniques, which teases he may rely more on tricks than raw power.
There will be a surprise win so why not piccolo winning he might have a new power or attack that he will use after the special beam cannon. Remember piccolo only usually fights when he knows he can put up a good fight and there is probably another reason why he did not want to train with goku and vegeta and not just because he cant keep up i think he is hiding something from them and he got this new power or attack while training with gohan

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:52 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:The title of the episode he's in even further suggests he probably won't win. "Bet Everything on the Makankosappo". That's not a good sign if a title to his fight is a last ditch effort move.

There will be a surprise win so why not piccolo winning he might have a new power or attack that he will use after the special beam cannon. Remember piccolo only usually fights when he knows he can put up a good fight and there is probably another reason why he did not want to train with goku and vegeta and not just because he cant keep up i think he is hiding something from them and he got this new power or attack while training with gohan
He's fighting because he wants to, that's pretty much it. The title has the same indication to it as Goku's Genki Dama. It's a last ditch effort move. He's betting everything in that one attack. That title makes no sense if that's not the final decisive moment. He simply says he can't keep up with them. Piccolo is not the kind of person who likes to be a show off, or hide something for no reason. That's Gotenks. You can believe there's a possibility for something else, but I do not see anything that suggests he'll get anything better than 1st form Frost.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:15 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

He's fighting because he wants to, that's pretty much it. The title has the same indication to it as Goku's Genki Dama. It's a last ditch effort move. He's betting everything in that one attack. That title makes no sense if that's not the final decisive moment. He simply says he can't keep up with them. Piccolo is not the kind of person who likes to be a show off, or hide something for no reason. That's Gotenks. You can believe there's a possibility for something else, but I do not see anything that suggests he'll get anything better than 1st form Frost.
your assuming frost is strong and also has strong transformations which i do not see any evidence for this and I'm assuming piccolo has got stronger. Both asumptions have no concrete evidence. you said the title is similar to goku's spririt bomb then this must be one powerful special beam cannon and because frost is not a main villain or something then it will most likely work and beat him

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:38 am

Woah! Getting a whole month of King Ryû! They're writing 31 & 32 too! :mrgreen:
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:51 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:your assuming frost is strong and also has strong transformations which i do not see any evidence for this and I'm assuming piccolo has got stronger. Both asumptions have no concrete evidence. you said the title is similar to goku's spririt bomb then this must be one powerful special beam cannon and because frost is not a main villain or something then it will most likely work and beat him
Frost's Bio
“…Huh!? This guy looks familar…!!” If that’s what you were thinking, then you’re right on the money!! This guy is the emperor of Universe 6, and has something to hide!! Does that mean this is his first form…!?
It teases he has more forms. Why bother with that tease if he doesn't? They simply could have ended it at he has something to hide, but then tease this could be his first form. So my assumptions have some weight. Piccolo getting stronger is likely true, but definitely not at any drastic level. He probably powered up somewhat with Gohan, but not at anything near Goku or Vegeta. Considering he himself deny's to train with Goku and Vegeta, he has no confidence to reach their level and only be a complete burden to them. My assumptions have some basis as highlighted by bios and statements. You may hope for such an event, but right now nothing really points to a massive boost for him. His battle title alone suggests if his attack fails, he's done for.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:28 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:your assuming frost is strong and also has strong transformations which i do not see any evidence for this and I'm assuming piccolo has got stronger. Both asumptions have no concrete evidence. you said the title is similar to goku's spririt bomb then this must be one powerful special beam cannon and because frost is not a main villain or something then it will most likely work and beat him
Frost's Bio
“…Huh!? This guy looks familar…!!” If that’s what you were thinking, then you’re right on the money!! This guy is the emperor of Universe 6, and has something to hide!! Does that mean this is his first form…!?
It teases he has more forms. Why bother with that tease if he doesn't? They simply could have ended it at he has something to hide, but then tease this could be his first form. So my assumptions have some weight. Piccolo getting stronger is likely true, but definitely not at any drastic level. He probably powered up somewhat with Gohan, but not at anything near Goku or Vegeta. Considering he himself deny's to train with Goku and Vegeta, he has no confidence to reach their level and only be a complete burden to them. My assumptions have some basis as highlighted by bios and statements. You may hope for such an event, but right now nothing really points to a massive boost for him. His battle title alone suggests if his attack fails, he's done for.
i think the transformation might not be what his hiding because that is what everyone is expecting and they surely would not say it in his bio either.
i have been thinking what about if piccolo is losing but pulls out a surprise stretchy arm and gets a ring out and thats why we saw it when hr was training with gohan (this is probably somethimg no one has thought of )

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:33 am

dbzfan7 wrote:It teases he has more forms. Why bother with that tease if he doesn't?
Well, everyone is expecting him to transform like Freeza so it would be a twist if he doesn't.
Sodhi wrote:Does this reveal anything?
Not really, it's just promotional fluff. And yes, they are popping bubble-wrap.
Chuquita wrote:Woah! Getting a whole month of King Ryû! They're writing 31 & 32 too! :mrgreen:
#31 - Bulma wants to gather Universe 7's Super Dragon Balls by herself to oppose Beers' violent ways. She planned to call Jaco and ask him to take her to the center of the Universe but got turned down.

(Different summary) Bulma plans to gather the Super Dragon Balls that apparently are in Universe 7 first and oppose the violent ways of Universe 7's Hakaishin Beers. But, in order to do that, she needs to go to the center of the Universe and use the Radar. She calls Jaco, the Galactic Patrolman, and asks him but gets told that it's impossible to go to the center of the Universe. But Jaco says, "Zunou, the all-knowing, might know a lot about the Super Dragon Balls".

#32 The tournament starts! Everyone goes to the "Nameless Planet"! - It's the day of the tournament. Goku and the others ride in a cube and join with Beers and Monaka. They see the 6 Super Dragon Balls when going to the Nameless Planet and get astonished by their planet-like size.

(Different summary) The day of the martial arts tournament held by the Hakaishins of Universe 6 and 7 has finally arrived. Son Goku and the gang ride in the cube prepared by Whis, Beers' attendant, stop by Beers' planet and arrive at the "Nameless Planet", where the ring is at. There, everyone gets surprised by the unbelievable size of the currently gathered Super Dragon Balls.

#33 - The first match of the martial arts tournament is Goku VS Botamo, from Universe 6. But, immediately after starting the match, Goku can't put his mind to it because he ate too much. He somehow pulled himself together but, no matter what attacks Goku uses, Botamo isn't fazed in the least.

derpgoku
Beyond Newbie

Post by derpgoku » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:48 am

^^so pretty much after botamo reveal his technique like in the manga goku won't be able to do anything to him

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:02 am

alakazam^ wrote: #31 - Bulma wants to gather Universe 7's Super Dragon Balls by herself to oppose Beers' violent ways. She planned to call Jaco and ask him to take her to the center of the Universe but got turned down.

(Different summary) Bulma plans to gather the Super Dragon Balls that apparently are in Universe 7 first and oppose the violent ways of Universe 7's Hakaishin Beers. But, in order to do that, she needs to go to the center of the Universe and use the Radar. She calls Jaco, the Galactic Patrolman, and asks him but gets told that it's impossible to go to the center of the Universe. But Jaco says, "Zunou, the all-knowing, might know a lot about the Super Dragon Balls".

#32 The tournament starts! Everyone goes to the "Nameless Planet"! - It's the day of the tournament. Goku and the others ride in a cube and join with Beers and Monaka. They see the 6 Super Dragon Balls when going to the Nameless Planet and get astonished by their planet-like size.

(Different summary) The day of the martial arts tournament held by the Hakaishins of Universe 6 and 7 has finally arrived. Son Goku and the gang ride in the cube prepared by Whis, Beers' attendant, stop by Beers' planet and arrive at the "Nameless Planet", where the ring is at. There, everyone gets surprised by the unbelievable size of the currently gathered Super Dragon Balls.

#33 - The first match of the martial arts tournament is Goku VS Botamo, from Universe 6. But, immediately after starting the match, Goku can't put his mind to it because he ate too much. He somehow pulled himself together but, no matter what attacks Goku uses, Botamo isn't fazed in the least.
so basically goku must lose if piccolo vs frost is the next episode and so probably botamo loses to piccolo