"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by MajinMan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:30 am

There's one thing I still don't fully understand. Does Goku HAVE to lose in order for Piccolo to fight? Can he tag out? And while I'm on this topic, if Goku loses to Frost, how is Piccolo possibly going to do anything? The only rational thing I can think of is a double ring out between Botamo and Goku.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:34 am

Champa says that whoever wins the match will fight the next one and Goku, in the manga, thinks he's enough to win them all.
Last edited by alakazam^ on Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:36 am

MajinMan wrote:There's one thing I still don't fully understand. Does Goku HAVE to lose in order for Piccolo to fight? Can he tag out? And while I'm on this topic, if Goku loses to Frost, how is Piccolo possibly going to do anything? The only rational thing I can think of is a double ring out between Botamo and Goku.
Its winner stays on
remember frost might not be powerful, or piccolo could of got stronger or goku is badly injured and loses
all we know is that goku will either lose to frost or lose/draw with botamo

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:54 am

Perhaps Piccolo needs the Makankosappou to defeat Botamo, and His fight with Frost doesn't take up a lot of the episode

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:59 am

I'm going to guess that Botamo's attacks can't hurt Goku, but Botamo's special technique is a defensive one and then Goku can't hurt Botamo, so ultimately Goku rings them both out to end the match.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:13 pm

jcogginsa wrote:Perhaps Piccolo needs the Makankosappou to defeat Botamo, and His fight with Frost doesn't take up a lot of the episode
the way the title is worded it seems like he will use the specail beam cannon against frost

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:17 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:I'm going to guess that Botamo's attacks can't hurt Goku, but Botamo's special technique is a defensive one and then Goku can't hurt Botamo, so ultimately Goku rings them both out to end the match.
I dont think goku will do that he wants to fight in more then 1 fight he will probably lose
as he said in the manga he could face all 5 without losing and that was probably foreshadowing that he will win none and lose his first match

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:33 pm

I have been rewatching a lot of Dragon Ball. And in Baba's tournament, they were allowed to tag out so long as the opponent agreed. Krillin lost to Fangs the Vampire, and instead of Goku or Yamcha going next, they opted to have Puar and Upa fight together, even after saying they wouldn't be participating. So, as long as both teams agree, they could allow someone else to go next rather than have Goku do everything.

No matter what, it's still a matter of which team has standing members to fight. Yamcha could've tagged out with Goku after fighting Invisible Man, but he wanted to keep going. So it's definitely possible for Goku to step down and let Piccolo go so long as both sides agree.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:20 pm

Zelvin wrote:I have been rewatching a lot of Dragon Ball. And in Baba's tournament, they were allowed to tag out so long as the opponent agreed. Krillin lost to Fangs the Vampire, and instead of Goku or Yamcha going next, they opted to have Puar and Upa fight together, even after saying they wouldn't be participating. So, as long as both teams agree, they could allow someone else to go next rather than have Goku do everything.

No matter what, it's still a matter of which team has standing members to fight. Yamcha could've tagged out with Goku after fighting Invisible Man, but he wanted to keep going. So it's definitely possible for Goku to step down and let Piccolo go so long as both sides agree.
But it seems like goku is going to lose

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:44 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:But it seems like goku is going to lose
It doesn't seem like anything yet. Goku is toying with Botamo, and we're aware Botamo will lose. Goku may win the 2nd match or decide it'd be boring if he beat everything and just forfeits. But we don't know anything for certain.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:51 pm

Why do I feel like Botamo and Goku's fight is gonna end up in a draw because neither can hurt the other so they just decided to make it a draw :lol:

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:57 pm

Zelvin wrote:I have been rewatching a lot of Dragon Ball. And in Baba's tournament, they were allowed to tag out so long as the opponent agreed. Krillin lost to Fangs the Vampire, and instead of Goku or Yamcha going next, they opted to have Puar and Upa fight together, even after saying they wouldn't be participating. So, as long as both teams agree, they could allow someone else to go next rather than have Goku do everything.

Like you said though, it 's a matter of the competitors agreeing to that, and so far no one has mentioned or hinted about tagging out. So, yes, it could happen if both Beerus and Champa agree to it, but there's nothing at all so far indicating that it'll be done, considering how neither mentioned it and Goku has shown no interest in tagging out.

The quick pacing of the battles in the anime also indicates that the arc won't end with the ending of the tournament anyway. So, Goku easily could have an early loss and still end up being the hero by the end of the arc.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:02 pm

I think it's way too soon for Goku to lose yet. And if he did lose I'm sure the title of the episodes would allude to it, giving how apoilery Toei like to get. I feel it's something much more then Goku simply losing. Also why Piccolo of all people gets the second fight? Vegeta would be all over it had Goku lost.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:06 pm

Zelvin wrote:
It doesn't seem like anything yet. Goku is toying with Botamo, and we're aware Botamo will lose. Goku may win the 2nd match or decide it'd be boring if he beat everything and just forfeits. But we don't know anything for certain.
read the episode 33 summary

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:07 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I think it's way too soon for Goku to lose yet. And if he did lose I'm sure the title of the episodes would allude to it, giving how apoilery Toei like to get. I feel it's something much more then Goku simply losing. Also why Piccolo of all people gets the second fight? Vegeta would be all over it had Goku lost.
they did rock paper scissors for the order

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:54 pm

Going by the 33 summary, if Goku's attacks don't affect Botamo, then what ws written in his bio comes into play. His body probably gets all smooth and slippery and has a Majin Buu type of effect where it bounces off or something. I'm definitely leaning more towards both Goku and Botamo getting a ring out (due to a funny reason...lol).

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:10 pm

DainIronfoot wrote:Going by the 33 summary, if Goku's attacks don't affect Botamo, then what ws written in his bio comes into play. His body probably gets all smooth and slippery and has a Majin Buu type of effect where it bounces off or something. I'm definitely leaning more towards both Goku and Botamo getting a ring out (due to a funny reason...lol).
Goku could also do what Roshi did to Yamcha in the 21st Budokai. Generate a gust of wind so powerful it sends Botamo out of the ring. Since he's not punching him, it won't slip off, and such kinetic moves have worked on Buu himself before. Botamo could suddenly just find himself being 'pushed' out rather than punched. Goku did much the same thing in the filler when he fell into Hell and used that technique to blow Goz out of the ring.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:09 pm

I hope they show Goku on his knees crying after that, it would be a good character development.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:23 pm

That's not at all in Goku's character and never has been. It would be horrible development too. He's done enough regressing.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:30 pm

I still think Gokû hasn't been alright since he and Vegeta defused their permanent fusion inside Buu. I can't see him crying though, only because there's no precedent for it. He hasn't cried once since hitting adulthood.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!