"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBS916
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by DBS916 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:21 am

ailema88 wrote:The plot of this episode seems to be pretty fun [spoiler]Goku working as a body guard :lol:[/spoiler]

I wonder if Vegeta will go with his wife to this event, I doubt it :lolno:
Imagine Vegeta wearing a suit and tie to the event if he did go with Bulma.

Will
Beyond Newbie

Post by Will » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:28 am

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:51 am

Luso Saiyan wrote:
emperior wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Haven't seen it on this forum, this looks like Akira Toriyama's character design for Black Super Saiyan Rose, do you know what's written on it?
What's the source for that picture?
I have no idea, a guy on reddit sent me it but still hasn't told me where he found it. He also did a color change on the SSJ hair and made them classic yellow, I could have trolled many people if I posted that one :lol:
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Avery
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avery » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:26 am

So the ahoge was actually a part of Toriyama's design. Nice.
An angry Final Fantasy fan wrote: And after all the outrage, when I'm ready, I'll go out on to GameStop and buy a Persona 5 copy. And when my mother finds me investing my precious time trying to bond with this hot anime girl, I'll look straight into her eyes and say "but have you looked at the menu screen? have you actually seen the menu screen? In that very moment, she knows. She fucking knows. As she handles me the nugget pieces she previously cooked for me, she leaves my room with these words: "Persona 5 is the true savior of the JRPG".
VegettoEX wrote: In a blunt nutshell, no-one wants to read bullshit. Don't post bullshit. Be a cool person that posts cool things that other people would actually want to read. Don't be Zamasu from episode 63 talking to himself.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:29 am

Avery wrote:So the ahoge was actually a part of Toriyama's design. Nice.
Well he gave Trunks one or two as well.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:34 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:More information about the Arale episode: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... er/.109070
The episode will center on an event called the "World Invention Award," which honors the best innovations in the world. The greatest scientists, including Bulma, gather for the ceremony. Goku is working part-time as a security guard in the event, and Satan is presenting the award. The award goes to Senbei Norimaki of Penguin Town. As Norimaki is presenting his invention, Dr. Mashirito attacks. Frustrated that he was not invited to the ceremony, he interrupts the proceedings, and for some reason Arale and Gatchan are at his side.
Super is so perfect in slice of life episodes. This episode will be just another one to add in that list. 100% hyped! :thumbup:
Lol i can't wait
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

ailema88
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ailema88 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:43 am

DBS916 wrote:
ailema88 wrote:The plot of this episode seems to be pretty fun [spoiler]Goku working as a body guard :lol:[/spoiler]

I wonder if Vegeta will go with his wife to this event, I doubt it :lolno:
Imagine Vegeta wearing a suit and tie to the event if he did go with Bulma.
I bet that he will refuse to go, but it will be fun if Bulma pushes him to go with her :lol:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:20 am

Gokû gets a new job as a bodyguard? Nice. I hope he enjoys it more than he did his gardening job. (I guess since it's winter it'd be too cold to garden anyway).
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:56 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:More information about the Arale episode: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... er/.109070
The episode will center on an event called the "World Invention Award," which honors the best innovations in the world. The greatest scientists, including Bulma, gather for the ceremony. Goku is working part-time as a security guard in the event, and Satan is presenting the award. The award goes to Senbei Norimaki of Penguin Town. As Norimaki is presenting his invention, Dr. Mashirito attacks. Frustrated that he was not invited to the ceremony, he interrupts the proceedings, and for some reason Arale and Gatchan are at his side.
Super is so perfect in slice of life episodes. This episode will be just another one to add in that list. 100% hyped! :thumbup:
I can't wait to see this! Now, if only that upcoming episode focused on Hit (attempting to?) assassinating Goku could be confirmed to be a full story arc rather than a filler one-off, I'll say that DBS has officially sent my hype through the roof.

FreddleFrooby
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FreddleFrooby » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:06 pm

"Goku vs Arale" is the one after this week's "Reviving Kaio" episode, right? I'm gonna love that one.

The recent talk about Black's concept art made me curious about something: what other concept art has Toriyama drawn for Super/the recent movies?
Vegeta: How?! How are you so much more powerful than me?!
Goku Black: Because Vegeta, a rose by any other name.... is still Goku.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:25 pm

Nekis13 wrote:I can see our Future Trunks and Mai deciding to stay away from their duplicates to not interfiere with their lives.

That was my impression too. I mean, Bulma even gave them food and other stuff they may need. I think they were intending to live a low profile life there.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:31 pm

Araki wrote:I think they were intending to live a low profile life there.
I'm not sure I can agree with this, because there would be no point to going back if they can't even live with their friends. With how saddened they were (especially Mai), there would be no way they'd avoid making themselves known. They'd have been better off staying in the present if that were the case.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:12 pm

What happened to Goku's work in the field? Was the harvest so small that he had to get more money with another job? :D

I love that chapter from Dr Slump where Senbei, Arale, and some other people from his town went to the big city and became fascinated with it because they're country bumpkins. I want this to happen in this episode as well.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:32 pm

FreddleFrooby wrote:"Goku vs Arale" is the one after this week's "Reviving Kaio" episode, right? I'm gonna love that one.

The recent talk about Black's concept art made me curious about something: what other concept art has Toriyama drawn for Super/the recent movies?
We've gotten SSGSS Goku, SSGSS Vegeta and Golden Freeza (Think we also got Tagoma and Sorbet not sure). Now Goku Black. All the U6 team and Monaka, I think Beerus and Whis too not too sure if we got SSG Goku from him or not.

(Oh and obviously Jaco from the Manga).

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:38 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
FreddleFrooby wrote:"Goku vs Arale" is the one after this week's "Reviving Kaio" episode, right? I'm gonna love that one.

We've gotten SSGSS Goku, SSGSS Vegeta and Golden Freeza (Think we also got Tagoma and Sorbet not sure). Now Goku Black. All the U6 team and Monaka, I think Beerus and Whis too not too sure if we got SSG Goku from him or not.

I think we also got Toriyama's drawing of Zamasu and Future Mai.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

FreddleFrooby
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FreddleFrooby » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:33 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

I think we got art for everybody in Battle of Gods and Resurrection 'F', including Tagoma, Sorbet, and even Shisami. Not sure 'bout SS God.
Vegeta: How?! How are you so much more powerful than me?!
Goku Black: Because Vegeta, a rose by any other name.... is still Goku.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:38 pm

FreddleFrooby wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

I think we got art for everybody in Battle of Gods and Resurrection 'F', including Tagoma, Sorbet, and even Shisami. Not sure 'bout SS God.
Toriyama designed SSJGod for BoG, all the new outfits and Beerus and Whis. Goku and Vegeta's F outfits, Golden Freeza, Sorbet, Tagoma and Gohan. Champa, Vados and the Universe 6 contestants. Future Trunks (both outfits), Mai (both outfits), Black and Zamasu. Minaka, Gowasu and Merged Zamasu may have been designed by him as well but I'm not sure.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:51 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Araki wrote:I think they were intending to live a low profile life there.
I'm not sure I can agree with this, because there would be no point to going back if they can't even live with their friends. With how saddened they were (especially Mai), there would be no way they'd avoid making themselves known. They'd have been better off staying in the present if that were the case.
Mai and her companions only came together because of Black, so the alternate Mai probably never even met most of those people. Even if "our" Mai happens to come across some of them, it's not like that's gonna affect the life of the other Mai, and she'll have to build a new and entirely different relationship with her old friends that never gathered in that timeline. I mean, it's not like there's a resistance there just waiting for her. Maybe the fact she'll know they're still alive and well there is enough, while hoping to see some of them again.

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:04 pm

I'm pretty sure AT designed almost everyone in the movies and all of the new characters in Super. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:11 pm

I'm under the impression that he's designed pretty much everything I thought FreddleFrooby was just asking about what's been released to us. From this arc I think Zamasu and his merged (waiting to see how it looks in the actual Manga, Toyo may have just used a beta design for the poster) form along with Mai are still unreleased to us, pretty sure the other released designs were just from Mr. Yamamuro.