"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:20 am

Legion wrote:I think is better do not take the opening too much seriously. I believe that is the kaioken too, for now. I'm also curious to see if the manga will be the same.
I hope it's a new form that makes Goku stronger than everyone else again, maybe even close to Beerus' level.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:25 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Legion wrote:I think is better do not take the opening too much seriously. I believe that is the kaioken too, for now. I'm also curious to see if the manga will be the same.
I hope it's a new form that makes Goku stronger than everyone else again, maybe even close to Beerus' level.
Well, i hope that this "new form" (if IS a new form) is not another useless recolor. I hope that is not SSJG v2.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:26 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Cant call if you're being sarcastic here or not :lol:
I hope its a form exclusive to Goku, like how Ultimate is for Gohan.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:30 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
It would be awesome if the "ultimate" form of everyone is different..
Gohan can keep his actual ultimate as his final form, goku keeping the one from op and others getting their own version unique to them
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:32 am

Legion wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Well, i hope that this "new form" (if IS a new form) is not another useless recolor. I hope that is not SSJG v2.
SS4 was the only creative saiyan form, it's highly unlikely that if this is a transformation, it won't just be a recolour like every other saiyan transformation.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:36 am

Ki Breaker wrote: It would be awesome if the "ultimate" form of everyone is different..
Gohan can keep his actual ultimate as his final form, goku keeping the one from op and others getting their own version unique to them
At least Roshi has his buff form thats unique to him :lol:
Piccolo can go giant (tho doesnt really make him that powerful but still a form unique to him)

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:41 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: It would be awesome if the "ultimate" form of everyone is different..
Piccolo can go giant (tho doesnt really make him that powerful but still a form unique to him)
Saiyans can use the buff form as well.
SansrivaaL wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
100% serious.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:44 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
In their base form? all I remember from them is SSJBuff, Roshi's is base buff form.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:45 am

However i have a feeling that Goku will lose in this tournament, kaioken/new form or no. :think:

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:50 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: At least Roshi has his buff form thats unique to him :lol:
In their base form? all I remember from them is SSJBuff, Roshi's is base buff form.
Grade 3 is basically the same concept as Roshi's Max Power mode.
Legion wrote:However i have a feeling that Goku will lose in this tournament, kaioken/new form or no. :think:
Nah, he already lost the last tournament. It's time for him to get a win for once.

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RehBeh » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:52 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
It's not exactly the same. Roshi's Max Power is like Freeza's when he used it on Namek, correct me if i'm wrong, they don't lose speed while the Saiyans buff form are Grades to SS and lose speed.
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: He is, its just that no one holds him in high esteem, even in-universe.
He must feel awful. Being a God and no one respects him. Just sad.
And Zamasu thought he had it bad. Fuckin' edgy Kaios thinking about "Justice" and shit just because they got strong by chance.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:56 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: Saiyans can use the buff form as well.
Grade 3 is basically the same concept as Roshi's Max Power mode.
They're only similar tho, the form is still unique to only Roshi, like the grade 3 having a disadvantage while Roshi's max power doesnt have that, if so he woulda said it.
Roshi buff=uleashes his full power
SSJ Grade 3= raises one's pure power but has speed problems.
Last edited by SansrivaaL on Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:03 am

I honestly hope it's not a new form. It looks like they're already introducing 1-2 new forms with Super Saiyan Girl 1 and 2. Too many and this'll turn into a Super Saiyan arms race like the Cell saga did. :lol:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:52 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Yeah I agree I never like that Vegeta has SSGSS, the biggest unearned power up in the entire series. I know Goku has SSGSSKK but it has limited use I want Goku to have something hard over Vegeta.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:14 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Yeah I agree I never like that Vegeta has SSGSS, the biggest unearned power up in the entire series. I know Goku has SSGSSKK but it has limited use I want Goku to have something hard over Vegeta.
He trained for months with Whis for it, he trained with Whis even longer than Goku did. I don't see how it was unearned, he earned it more than Goku earned God.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:25 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Yeah I agree I never like that Vegeta has SSGSS, the biggest unearned power up in the entire series. I know Goku has SSGSSKK but it has limited use I want Goku to have something hard over Vegeta.
He trained for months with Whis for it, he trained with Whis even longer than Goku did. I don't see how it was unearned, he earned it more than Goku earned God.
And the biggest unearned form is Ikari

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:37 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
^this. Not only does he absolutely deserve it, but Vegeta has done this before. He has the knowledge and power to back up anything that he's interested in achieving.

For example: Vegeta learned how to sense ki on a huge scale, very quickly. Depending on how you interpret it, he started to develop this feeling sometime between his trip back to Freeza's station or right as he landed on Namek - but hadn't tested his knowledge until Kiwi's approach. That's roughly within a day or two (or a month if you want to give him the full benefit of the doubt) that he learned how to feel who was miles away and how big their ki was - something that took Goku possibly months or years to learn under Kami's guidance... and even then, that's after having relied on battle powers and scouters his entire life. Realizing that power levels are bullshit only opened his eyes to an entirely better way of reading his opponents, without resorting to broken technology. Vegeta is a genius, no way around it.

If anyone is going to pick up on how something "feels" and apply it to their arsenal, it's him.
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:27 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
That's exactly it he didn't earn the right to train with them at all. Goku's right was his fight with Beerus, not only did he do well against him but kept up even when SSG timed out unlike Vegeta's short rage burst that fizzled out.

Even then him training longer than Goku doesn't mean anything it just means he trained he longer, you make it sound like training is a chore for these guys.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:03 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
That's exactly it he didn't earn the right to train with them at all. Goku's right was his fight with Beerus, not only did he do well against him but kept up even when SSG timed out unlike Vegeta's short rage burst that fizzled out.

Even then him training longer than Goku doesn't mean anything it just means he trained he longer, you make it sound like training is a chore for these guys.
I don't see how Goku earned SSG at all. He did worse than Vegeta did without it.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:21 pm

Lunaar wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
^this. Not only does he absolutely deserve it, but Vegeta has done this before. He has the knowledge and power to back up anything that he's interested in achieving.

For example: Vegeta learned how to sense ki on a huge scale, very quickly. Depending on how you interpret it, he started to develop this feeling sometime between his trip back to Freeza's station or right as he landed on Namek - but hadn't tested his knowledge until Kiwi's approach. That's roughly within a day or two (or a month if you want to give him the full benefit of the doubt) that he learned how to feel who was miles away and how big their ki was - something that took Goku possibly months or years to learn under Kami's guidance... and even then, that's after having relied on battle powers and scouters his entire life. Realizing that power levels are bullshit only opened his eyes to an entirely better way of reading his opponents, without resorting to broken technology. Vegeta is a genius, no way around it.

If anyone is going to pick up on how something "feels" and apply it to their arsenal, it's him.
I have no issue at all with Vegeta becoming a Super Saiyan Blue. The issue I have is with how lazy the approach was. I mean, I understand that Dragon Ball has a long history with dishing out power-ups to the cast like candy, but they could have done something unique with Whis training to emphasis just how special it is and at least handwave the excuse that Vegeta didn't need SSG to become SSJB. The method in which Goku attained Super Saiyan Blue was very intriguing and unique within the universe of Dragon Ball itself. I mean, combining two transformations together to essentially create a unique, and in a way "ultimate", form for your own was quite unprecedented in the franchise itself and could open the door the further possibilities of the Super Saiyan transformations we never knew were possible. It could have also widened the approach for how we view Ki as whole and would have made Whis' training all the mystical. But instead, Resurrection F and Dragon Ball Super just choose the cop-out of Vegeta just training to attain the form. No expansion of the Super Saiyan God transformation. No deeper look in the structure of Ki, beyond preventing you're Ki from "leaking". No further insight in the mechanics of the Super Saiyan form. Nothing. Just Vegeta doing some push ups, sit ups and crunches and he's becomes SSJB. Ugh. I mean, why even bother with Super Saiyan God if you can leapfrog that from by training with Whis for several months? I believe SSJ4 was when the series jumped the shark but at least GT provided some kind hint or planted a theory for how the SSJ4 form could be achieved that made sense with the context of the story and didn't seem lazy.