"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by precita » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:51 pm

All I know is the next arc after this one better skip to EOZ. I want to see adult Trunks/Goten and Uub/Pan already.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:53 pm

precita wrote:All I know is the next arc after this one better skip to EOZ. I want to see adult Trunks/Goten and Uub/Pan already.
That's an awful less amount to know, you might want to look into early signs of Alzheimer's..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:54 pm

precita wrote:All I know is the next arc after this one better skip to EOZ. I want to see adult Trunks/Goten and Uub/Pan already.
I'm guessing we have one or two more arcs before we get to EoZ. I'd be extremely happy if the next arc was after EoZ though.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:22 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Noah wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:The power of love is the best power up for Vegeta, it suits him well enough, either that or friendship..
I need my daily fix of GANBATTE dammit!
Gosh, I can call it now... Vegeta is about to pass out but then he remembers of Bulma and Bra and pull off something out of his ass and beat his opponent :lol:
Remember how naked vegeta appeared in Goku's mind back in namek?
It's bulma's turn now to give Vegeta a similar visit.. ( or bra if you wanna get real kinky )
That should give him the necessary push
Vegeta: Oh god, Kakarott was right! They are sagging!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:07 pm

Kanassa wrote:
perucho1990 wrote: And in the current Arc the Pilaf Gang only appeared for a total of 1 min of screen time(and they barely talked),
Definitely a con in this arc. I miss their antics.
They'll be back during the episode where the poachers attack the island. Somehow I have a gut feeling they'll be thrown into the mix.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:21 pm

omaro34 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
perucho1990 wrote: And in the current Arc the Pilaf Gang only appeared for a total of 1 min of screen time(and they barely talked),
Definitely a con in this arc. I miss their antics.
They'll be back during the episode where the poachers attack the island. Somehow I have a gut feeling they'll be thrown into the mix.
Funnily enough, they would be able to contribute much more there. Mai gonna shotgun a bitch!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:42 pm

omaro34 wrote: They'll be back during the episode where the poachers attack the island. Somehow I have a gut feeling they'll be thrown into the mix.
For the looks of it, they got the same treatment as Kibito(ignored from the arc) because Nagamine find them to be a waste of time.

I could see Yamcha heading to the Island instead. An interesting Plot B would be if one of the losing Universes send assasins to destroy the Earth and its up to Trunks,Goten,Maron and Yamcha to stop them. While it looks like a recycled storyline, it could serve to develop Yamcha.

What I would do is give Yamcha the Mumen Rider treatment, he admits being weak which was why he never got invited to fight in the ToP, then he remembers everytime he got humilliated throughout the series and have Maron yell GANBARE YAMCHA-SAN.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:17 pm

omaro34 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
There's a loooot of people who hate how the Black arc ended.
And just as many people loved it because it finally subverts the death is cheap narrative of Dragon Ball. There is reason why there is a term called 'vocal minority'. People who love something are usually not as vocal as the people who hate something.
You have no complaints about Zeno bailing the good guys out? Not to mention where Trunks and Mai went to an unknown timeline where problems could persist. It would be awkward living in the same planet as another replica of Trunks & Mai with the same looks and age.

The ending was so open ended that it leads to believe that it won't be the last we see of Future Trunks.
I personally love and hate the ending at the same time, because yeah it was good on the narrative aspect but god fucking damn it they just had to kill everyone just right after i got attached to them. AND GIVE FUTURE TRUNKS A FUCKING BREAK ALREADY!!!!!

I think that this won't be the last time we see Trunks. I mean dbs could take the db online route and make him a time patroller with a new arc with him as the main character. I can see it happening.
Trunks leaves the future because he's constantly reminded of his failure via PTSD dreams, he thinks that he doesn't belong there (for obvious reasons) and by protecting/fixing timelines, he feels like he's finally achieving something.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:27 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
emperior wrote:
I'm doing the same thing and wow... It makes me sad that one of my favorite arcs ever from Dragon Ball is plagued with some mediocre art and too much Pilaf gang (which I believe were used so much just to fill episodes time)

My dream is that once Super is over they go back and fix all the bad drawings (and some of the bad animation too) all throughout the serie.
Unfortunately it will never happen. They didn't even bother with the blu-rays except for 2 episodes. If all the bad episodes got episode 5 treatment it would have been awesome.
And in the current Arc the Pilaf Gang only appeared for a total of 1 min of screen time(and they barely talked), what a difference compared to the Trunks Arc.

I remember they fixed the Arale episode, that tells you pretty much what are Toei priorities.
Blu-ray fixes happen when staffers who worked on the episode have the will and especially time to retouch the scenes, it has nothing to do with Toei priorities.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:56 am

The only thing that excites me when it comes to super moving past EoZ is Goku wearing blue gi. I wouldnt mind another arc before EoZ but to whom it may concern, please bring back RF gi and armor for Goku and Vegeta, and green tracksuit for Gohan.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:48 am

WSJ preview for #98
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Translation by Herms
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:11 am

Goku is about to show the value of teamwork.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:24 am

No episode 98 picture leaked yet?
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:45 am

Simere wrote:Goku is about to show the value of teamwork.
I know at the end of the day power> everything else, but I thought they would have the decency to pretend a little longer than not at all.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:50 am

Beyond wrote:
I know at the end of the day power> everything else, but I thought they would have the decency to pretend a little longer than not at all.
Its too late,they already did that with Goku/Tien vs Gohan/Piccolo but hey Gohan's plan will surely help Goku here right?
Last edited by Whatever on Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:58 am

We expected that with Goku, its the others I care about.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:01 am

Goku being this chill/calm really gives out his Boo saga vibe for me... like he has everything under control, a part of me likes it since its badass, the other part hates it. I'm not a fan of him being the OP kinda character like say Saitama who's always calm as hell. I hope this arc doesnt just hype him up as "the mortal that has no equal" type of thing.

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:03 am

Totamo wrote:
Goku, Gohan, 17, Krillin, Vegeta will do well.

Roshi may have his moment.

The rest will probably do nothing.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:08 am

SansrivaaL wrote:Goku being this chill/calm really gives out his Boo saga vibe for me... like he has everything under control, a part of me likes it since its badass, the other part hates it. I'm not a fan of him being the OP kinda character like say Saitama who's always calm as hell. I hope this arc doesnt just hype him up as "the mortal that has no equal" type of thing.
Frankly, Goku deserves some wins. He has been defeated at least once in every arc in super and has barely any on his own merits to his name.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:12 am

Beyond wrote:
Totamo wrote:
Goku, Gohan, 17, Krillin, Vegeta will do well.

Roshi may have his moment.

The rest will probably do nothing.
That sounds boring, they need to fix that.

We didn't watch 5 months of them bringing the group together just to shaft 3 of them, who had entire episodes dedicated to them. Goku can have his Gohan vs Cell jr moment, the other saiyans 2, 17 can as well, Krillin can as well and Roshi NEEDS this, But 18, Piccolo and Tien have to do something.