"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:44 pm

pacz360 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
Yeah I'm not sure why people are jumping the gun with this, we've been tricked with fake episodes titles before, and without scans I'm not buying this one bit. And I concur, they'd be using words like "beautiful" instead of "sexy".
The source is the same anonymous 2ch thing. Fortunately we won't have to wait long to find out whether they're fake or not as the episode airs today.
Would it be a case of some of it being true while the rest be false?
If that happens then it's probably good guesswork based off the legit summaries we had like a lot of other people predicted Dypso would be vs Hit.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:31 pm

Slaythe wrote:People have completely abused Toshio's kindness lately and we can thank the shitty youtubers for that.
Throwing him under the bus with their shitty click baits.
It's not only youtubers fault, but also reddit, Gojiitaaf and everyone who insists on sharing his tweets outside of Twitter. If we gonna call someone out, call out everyone.
We have the NEPs and the official weekly Jump spoilers to know what's to come. That's enough and all that needs to be shared.
sintzu wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:Ribrianne is obviously very strong.

she was promoted next to Jiren and Kale.
Kale was promoted next to Jiren yet he knocked her out with one hit so being promoted together doesn't mean anything.
Those three are still promoted like big deals.

Kale got one shot by Jiren but she already got some cool moments and eliminated 6 pride troopers, 5 of them with Caulifla's help.
I doubt Ribrianne will be eliminated without ring out someone major.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:44 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: The source is the same anonymous 2ch thing. Fortunately we won't have to wait long to find out whether they're fake or not as the episode airs today.
Would it be a case of some of it being true while the rest be false?
If that happens then it's probably good guesswork based off the legit summaries we had like a lot of other people predicted Dypso would be vs Hit.
As with the last bout of "leaks", tonights episode well prove them true or false, especially the next episode preview.

So you might as well kick back and enjoy the show, everything will be reveled in time.

ssj5andres

Post by ssj5andres » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:46 pm

First episode of Dragon Ball Super in Latin America ! :D

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:52 pm

Wasn't expecting Dragon Ball Super to appear in the Worldwide Trending. :o Its premiere in some southest countries sure had a big start.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:04 pm

Man, Mr. Satan's voice sucks so much.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:05 pm

Has there been any official update on how much time is left? Did the last episode ending say it...cant remember.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:09 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
pacz360 wrote: Would it be a case of some of it being true while the rest be false?
As with the last bout of "leaks", tonights episode well prove them true or false, especially the next episode preview.

So you might as well kick back and enjoy the show, everything will be reveled in time.
I've actually been watching episodes the following morning cuz it is like 2 am here when the similcast goes up and it's always a crapstorm after an episode has aired with overreactions and such whether it be here or twitter so when I wake up I can enjoy the episode with the storm passed :)

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:51 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: If that happens then it's probably good guesswork based off the legit summaries we had like a lot of other people predicted Dypso would be vs Hit.

I've actually been watching episodes the following morning cuz it is like 2 am here when the similcast goes up and it's always a crapstorm after an episode has aired with overreactions and such whether it be here or twitter so when I wake up I can enjoy the episode with the storm passed :)
I'm waaaaaay to jaded to care about the storm anymore. I do my job of at my tournament thread, which adds fun to the episode as I have to pay extra attention to get the scores as right as possible on the first go. Then I say my piece about the basic stuff and the next episode (I dont bother with the individual episodes thread as much anymore unless I really have something to say) and unless there's anything really important I want to go over I'll go to bed. When I wake up I've already said my piece in the storm so I can just chat with everyone about a bit more calmly.

lord godly da don
Beyond Newbie

Post by lord godly da don » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:59 pm

I seen someone asking how Hit's time skip works here's a early post I made about it hope it helps
lord godly da don wrote:Ok I'm going to take a shot at explaining Hits abilities. so he really does skip time and the time that he skips he stores and creates a pocket dimension which he can use to travel through the skipped time and this is what we see when it looks like he stopped time now here's the confusing part Hit can also us the dimension to make himself intangible and teleport to some extent ( or it appears like his teleporting) for example when him and Goku were in the forest he fired the invisible ki blast through the tree a small hole appears that looks like cracked glass and again on the cliff when Hit shot three similar ki blast in different directions then the blast came through the same holes where Goku was location
Last edited by lord godly da don on Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:14 pm

Mercenary wrote:BTW. Many guys (mostly Vegeta's haters) were talking trash about him jobbing to Rebrianne and every other character and so one, but no one bats an eye on Hit who's gonna job to Dyspo and needs Goku's help :D .
:lol: :lol: It is impossible for Hitto to have trouble against someone like Dyspo. The hint is that two pride troopers will team up to bother Hitto and then Goku jumps in to help him in a tag team battle.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:32 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
Mercenary wrote:BTW. Many guys (mostly Vegeta's haters) were talking trash about him jobbing to Rebrianne and every other character and so one, but no one bats an eye on Hit who's gonna job to Dyspo and needs Goku's help :D .
:lol: :lol: It is impossible for Hitto to have trouble against someone like Dyspo. The hint is that two pride troopers will team up to bother Hitto and then Goku jumps in to help him in a tag team battle.
Lol, maybe you need to wait until we get to know what Dyspo is capable of? We don't know if he is weak, decent or strong or very strong.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:41 pm

Mercenary wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
Lol, maybe you need to wait until we get to know what Dyspo is capable of? We don't know if he is weak, decent or strong or very strong.
They already showed us how strong Dyspo was. He needed saving when we first saw him. Toppo could've handled that monster by himself, but Dyspo couldn't. Hit and Toppo are in the same league.

Personally I still feel like with Hits time skip, he could take out both them, but they need the added drama for the episode.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:03 pm

TheOne wrote:
Mercenary wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote: :lol: :lol: It is impossible for Hitto to have trouble against someone like Dyspo. The hint is that two pride troopers will team up to bother Hitto and then Goku jumps in to help him in a tag team battle.
They already showed us how strong Dyspo was. He needed saving when we first saw him. Toppo could've handled that monster by himself, but Dyspo couldn't. Hit and Toppo are in the same league.

Personally I still feel like with Hits time skip, he could take out both them, but they need the added drama for the episode.

Not at the moment their not. Until Hit proves himself, he's weaker then Toppo.

Hit was last beaten by plan old SSB Goku, Toppo was powerful enough to fight SSB on an almost equal foot and he was not using his full power at that point.

So as it stands Toppo < Hit.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:21 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Mercenary wrote:

Hit was last beaten by plan old SSB Goku, Toppo was powerful enough to fight SSB on an almost equal foot and he was not using his full power at that point.

The fight was essentially a draw. Even though Goku improved, Hit also improved to the point of developed a new technique. You'd also be implying that Hit did absolutely nothing during the time right before the tournament was announced. He's shown that hes capable of improving at much quicker rate than Goku too.

Not to mention Goku has had ample time to get an understanding of Hits time skip ability. I'm not a Hit homer but I'm not going to underestimate and assume Toppo is stronger. He would've been annihilated by SSBKK. There's no reason to assume Hit is weaker than Toppo especially with such a gimmick ability. That's why I'm a believer in Goku jumping in just because it's 2 on 1. Not because he's about to get his butt kicked. We will see what happens. I've always respected your opinions on this board

Shaqazooloo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shaqazooloo » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:29 pm

JulianStyles wrote:
MrBlackFox wrote:We simply have to wait til the next u7 fighter will be eliminated: if it's Roshi, the opening got the point; if it's Tien it's the outro

Not that this bother me, but I wonder why spoil things in openings and endings?
Even if its Roshi next doesnt prove the intro was right. Roshi being one of the first 2 to go makes sense. Hes already done great and if be last to episode 105 then wow. Krillin has let down fictionally his team mates and his fans. Imagine a hardcore Krillin fan getting the build up he got. Then to be first eliminated and watch the entire arc with him on the bench.
I'm not a "hardcore" Krillin fan but I can confirm, its pretty crappy. It feels like the writers were like " Krillin's pretty awesome you guys and he deserves to be taken seriously, so guess what, were're going to push him" only to then be like " Lol Krillin's trash bro, and he's gonna sit out for the rest of the tournament". It really didn't make sense to have him be the first one out, Roshi or Tien being next would make sense, I think we have to wait until the third elimination to know whether or not the intro or ending actually spoiled anything.
Favorite Dragon Ball Characters
1. Waluigi
2. Whis
3. Evil Buu

Dislikes: Playing by the rules

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:39 pm

TheOne wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
TheOne wrote:

The fight was essentially a draw. Even though Goku improved, Hit also improved to the point of developed a new technique. You'd also be implying that Hit did absolutely nothing during the time right before the tournament was announced. He's shown that hes capable of improving at much quicker rate than Goku too.

Not to mention Goku has had ample time to get an understanding of Hits time skip ability. I'm not a Hit homer but I'm not going to underestimate and assume Toppo is stronger. He would've been annihilated by SSBKK. There's no reason to assume Hit is weaker than Toppo especially with such a gimmick ability. That's why I'm a believer in Goku jumping in just because it's 2 on 1. Not because he's about to get his butt kicked. We will see what happens. I've always respected your opinions on this board
Thats a fair statement but in truth its not that cut and dry. During their first fight Hit was held back by rules and Goku used KKx10, in that situation Hit still had the edge as Goku was running on borrowed time. The next time Hit was unrestrained and Goku battled him to a draw without KK at all. If he had used it Hit would have been finished.

Toppo battled SSB on an almost equal footing without using his full power and was willing to test his full might against SSBKK, a power he had already seen in action.

As it stood then, even without Goku and Toppo throwing a single blow, its clear Hit would have been ranked 3rd if he were there.

Now thats not to say Hit has not improved, but until he displays his improvement to us it is his feats from his last fight with Goku we must use.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:41 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Slaythe wrote:People have completely abused Toshio's kindness lately and we can thank the shitty youtubers for that.
Throwing him under the bus with their shitty click baits.
It's not only youtubers fault, but also reddit, Gojiitaaf and everyone who insists on sharing his tweets outside of Twitter. If we gonna call someone out, call out everyone.
We have the NEPs and the official weekly Jump spoilers to know what's to come. That's enough and all that needs to be shared.
sintzu wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:Ribrianne is obviously very strong.

she was promoted next to Jiren and Kale.
Kale was promoted next to Jiren yet he knocked her out with one hit so being promoted together doesn't mean anything.
Those three are still promoted like big deals.

Kale got one shot by Jiren but she already got some cool moments and eliminated 6 pride troopers, 5 of them with Caulifla's help.
I doubt Ribrianne will be eliminated without ring out someone major.
Not saying she won't knock someone major out, but I would like to caveat off what he just said. Kale was promoted as part of the big three, but she never KOed any U7 fighters. Not to mention everyone learned their lessons about promotion with Krillin. I wouldn't just assume that Brianne is gonna be kicking everyone's butt.

Excel Rose

Post by Excel Rose » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:01 pm

are there any scans of those spoilers or are you guys falling for the same fake spoiler bait for the hundredth time?

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:04 pm

Cue "The Power of Love" by Huey Lewis and The News