"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:51 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
OLKv3 wrote: Hence me saying "Guessing"
You didn't type that before you put "upgrade of SSG" thus implying to me you're stating it is a fact.
:eh:
"Because Goku's new god form is an upgrade of SSG, the whole red hair thing."
This statement is being presented as a fact not a guess.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:54 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: You didn't type that before you put "upgrade of SSG" thus implying to me you're stating it is a fact.
No it isn't, seeing as the whole convo is discussing possible spoilers. It's like you need everything to be spelled out as MY OPINION in big flashing letters :lol:

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:55 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: You didn't type that before you put "upgrade of SSG" thus implying to me you're stating it is a fact.
I'm pretty sure it's not it's obvious just a higher level of kaioken ssg been inrelevant since bog arc especially since the anime and manga confirmed that it's just a inferior form compared to blue

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:57 pm

Terez wrote: I've never seen anyone argue that it doesn't. The skin color is right and the size is right. When they replaced him with Toppo, the figure got a lot bigger.
The proportions don't match Jiren. They also used that same skin color for Toppo in the actual finished episode too. Replacing Jiren with Toppo would be too much at that point, it wouldn't just be a matter of redrawing Jiren as Toppo in episode 82, the entire episode was based around Toppo's personality and fighting style, so they would have had to completely redo the script and storyboard, the episode probably would not have turned out as solid as it did if they started from scratch after the PV from January 29th. If they restarted episode 82 after that PV they would have had 8 weeks to write, board and animate the episode, and under those conditions it would have turned out pretty horrible and it would have set back future episodes as well.
Weekly Shōnen Jump, and it was just a misspelling of her name. Not really comparable IMO.
A really weird misspelling, even Herms was thrown off by it. Saying Super Saiyan God instead of Super Saiyan Blue is very much comparable to a typo.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:59 pm

Everyone calling Dyspo weak is underestimating that monster. For all we know it's a ssb tire monster lol

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:00 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Terez wrote: I've never seen anyone argue that it doesn't. The skin color is right and the size is right. When they replaced him with Toppo, the figure got a lot bigger.
The proportions don't match Jiren. They also used that same skin color for Toppo in the actual finished episode too.
Weekly Shōnen Jump, and it was just a misspelling of her name. Not really comparable IMO.
A really weird misspelling, even Herms was thrown off by it. Calling Saiyan Super Saiyan Blue instead of Super Saiyan God is very much comparable to a typo.
They still call Ssb form ssgss so obvious a mistake and super saiyan god is basically fodder form

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:01 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
OLKv3 wrote: :eh:
No it isn't, seeing as the whole convo is discussing possible spoilers. It's like you need everything to be spelled out as MY OPINION in big flashing letters :lol:
Because that sentence doesn't even read like an opinion at all but you stating what you think is a fact. Even if that is the case SSG is still a lesser transformation doesn't make sense for them to hype it, they didn't exactly hype Goku using SS2 against Caulifla instead they put something about SSGSS in that in turn turned out to be nothing but a minor thing in the actual episode.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:05 pm

Bringing back Super Saiyan God at this point would be pretty retarded. It was hard to take in when Toyotaro did it in the very first true arc of Super, but now 3 arcs in it's going to be impossible to reconcile.
Think it's an error, though. All those scans seem to be written by people who don't really know what's up, except for the general idea. Details like disqualification, fusion, Kelly/Kale are witness to that.

Next episode doesn't sound good even from this blurb. Good thing U10 is done for. Their gods are great, but damn were the characters shit. Also, Botamo overstayed his welcome too, so it's cool he's out. He had his moments. Magetta or Cabba next and let's make room for the U6 Namekians!

However, the Goku/Hit team up is where it's at. Can't wait to see Dyspo's abillities. Never would have expected it would be him giving Hit trouble, but it's great to see that he's not a weakling. Hope we also get to know more about his race and if he's connected to Beerus/Champa in any way. Two weeks that are going to pass very hard now that I'm hyped again.

Then the Muten Roshi episode sounds good, though I don't expect he's going to last beyond it. He's probably going to showcase the fact he can control his perversion and defeat that U4 girl, but get ringed out by one of the hidden warriors.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:08 pm

Draconic wrote:Bringing back Super Saiyan God at this point would be pretty retarded. It was hard to take in when Toyotaro did it in the very first true arc of Super
Nothing Toyotaro has ever done is as outright retarded as what Toei has done to Dragon Ball as whole with the abomination that is Dragon Ball Super, so keep that in mind.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:09 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: "Because Goku's new god form is an upgrade of SSG, the whole red hair thing."
Because that sentence doesn't even read like an opinion at all but you stating what you think is a fact. Even if that is the case SSG is still a lesser transformation doesn't make sense for them to hype it, they didn't exactly hype Goku using SS2 against Caulifla instead they put something about SSGSS in that in turn turned out to be nothing but a minor thing in the actual episode.
It doesn't look like it's being hyped at all. The episode description casually mentions it as if it's no big deal

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:09 pm

Draconic wrote:Bringing back Super Saiyan God at this point would be pretty retarded. It was hard to take in when Toyotaro did it in the very first true arc of Super, but now 3 arcs in it's going to be impossible to reconcile.
Think it's an error, though. All those scans seem to be written by people who don't really know what's up, except for the general idea. Details like disqualification, fusion, Kelly/Kale are witness to that.

Next episode doesn't sound good even from this blurb. Good thing U10 is done for. Their gods are great, but damn were the characters shit. Also, Botamo overstayed his welcome too, so it's cool he's out. He had his moments. Magetta or Cabba next and let's make room for the U6 Namekians!

However, the Goku/Hit team up is where it's at. Can't wait to see Dyspo's abillities. Never would have expected it would be him giving Hit trouble, but it's great to see that he's not a weakling. Hope we also get to know more about his race and if he's connected to Beerus/Champa in any way. Two weeks that are going to pass very hard now that I'm hyped again.

Then the Muten Roshi episode sounds good, though I don't expect he's going to last beyond it. He's probably going to showcase the fact he can control his perversion and defeat that U4 girl, but get ringed out by one of the hidden warriors.
Exactly and especially since the form is pathetic in the manga even the villains laugh at super saiyan god

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:10 pm

hardcorefakes wrote:
Draconic wrote:Bringing back Super Saiyan God at this point would be pretty retarded. It was hard to take in when Toyotaro did it in the very first true arc of Super
Nothing Toyotaro has ever done is as outright retarded as what Toei has done to Dragon Ball as whole with the abomination that is Dragon Ball Super, so keep that in mind.
Are you kidding me toyotaro has done tons of things that was retarded especially in the future trunks arc

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:11 pm

Based on the new info we are going to either have Super Saiyan God as it is in the manga or Blue is going to be reduced to an intermediary form. Goku absorbed the power of SSG, as he learned to tap into that power he gained Blue but he still could not access the full power of the red flame burning within himself. The true form of the god power is Super Saiyan God. That would make some sense since Blue lacks all of SSG more supernatural powers.

But thats all speculation until we get more info.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:15 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:
Are you kidding me toyotaro has done tons of things that was retarded especially in the future trunks arc
And, like I just said, it's nothing as retarded as what Toei has done to Dragon Ball.

Every bad decision you see Toyotaro make, just multiply that by a factor of 1000 and you get Toei Animation.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:15 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Based on the new info we are going to either have Super Saiyan God as it is in the manga or Blue is going to be reduced to an intermediary form. Goku absorbed the power of SSG, as he learned to tap into that power he gained Blue but he still could not access the full power of the red flame burning within himself. The true form of the god power is Super Saiyan God. That would make some sense since Blue lacks all of SSG more supernatural powers.

But thats all speculation until we get more info.
It wouldn't make sense especially since super saiyan god is fodder that form was made useless when goku lost the form in bog arc he pretty much did better as a ssj than his ssg form and like a literary just said goku new form is just a new level of kaioken

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:20 pm

hardcorefakes wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:
And, like I just said, it's nothing as retarded as what Toei has done to Dragon Ball.

Every bad decision you see Toyotaro make, just multiply that by a factor of 1000 and you get Toei Animation.
Not even close
Manga:
-making trunks useless in his own arc
-bring back ssg when it was confirmed to be a temporary form
-goku knows hakai(this was actually just retarded)
-goku is as strong as merged zamasu when goku did in the anime was stupid but nowhere near as bad what the manga literally just did
-future trunks is Sakura in the manga
-future trunks reaction to his universe blowing up is unrealistic it was done better in the anime
-vegeta vs cabba and vegeta vs magetta was actually done so much better in the anime
-nerfs hit and merged zamasu
By the way I can keep going

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:21 pm

Draconic wrote:Bringing back Super Saiyan God at this point would be pretty retarded. It was hard to take in when Toyotaro did it in the very first true arc of Super, but now 3 arcs in it's going to be impossible to reconcile.

The only character I'm left dripping a tear about is Gowasu. Like Trunks and Mai, this poor guy couldn't catch a break. His own apprentice that he spent years grooming became a psycho and ultimately betrayed him which he nearly got killed multiple times by Zamasu. Now he's facing collateral damage along with his shitty universe

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:22 pm

Wait... I feel like I'm out of the loop. Where is this talk of Super Saiyan God being brought back for the anime coming from?

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:23 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Wait... I feel like I'm out of the loop. Where is this talk of Super Saiyan God being brought back for the anime coming from?
It was a mistranslation just people being stupid as always

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:25 pm

hardcorefakes wrote:
What does that have to do with what I said? Toyotaro's version is inferior to the anime, so he has done plenty of retarded stuff much more damaging than "Toei".

Oh, by the way, don't talk to me.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW