"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Chuquita » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:53 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Episode 104 preview image.
YES! :mrgreen: Good times! Happy 104 is two weekends from now and not on this one. 103's gonna be messy for me, rl-wise.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:53 pm

It's strange though.
Why would he use God when he has Blue? Unless God is suddenly stronger than Blue, and Blue is simply the Super Saiyan form is someone who has tasted God Ki?

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:16 pm

Kind of excited to see SSG in Super's current style where things don't look glossy and shiny. Also, Hitto having scratches on him? He definitely struggled.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:19 pm

I reallly hope he mention "hmm I think this is incomplete form." I'll be damn if he said that the we got something brand fucking new form that toshio made a promise "a birth of a new form", even poster said "work of god end here"

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:27 pm

It's becoming increasingly difficult to contain my enthusiasm and excitement for this episode.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:35 pm

shadowmaria wrote:It's strange though.
Why would he use God when he has Blue? Unless God is suddenly stronger than Blue, and Blue is simply the Super Saiyan form is someone who has tasted God Ki?
Freeza himself refers to the Super Saiyan Blue as '' Saiyan God ''

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Whis says that the characteristic of a deity is that its Ki can not be felt by humans.
After Goku turns into SSB, no one can feel his Ki and this proves that he is a deity

emi_b7
Beyond Newbie

Post by emi_b7 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:07 pm

TheMikado wrote:
The gr wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Super saiyan god look so cool,hit look damaged,he really did struggle with dyspo
Looks so good. Waiting for the tears.
Man, what's up with all these petty, trollish posts from you the last couple of days? It seems like you want people to dislike the show for some reason, or waiting for any chance to say "haha I told you so". What a miserable way to interact with fellow fans.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:09 pm

The gr wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:Episode 104 preview image:
[spoiler]Image
Super Saiyan God look so cool, Hit look damaged, he really did struggle with Dyspo
I'll hope to get explanations for this, but it seems that if Goku only needed SSJG to fight an enemy that was causing trouble to Hit, then he was nerfed to his manga battle power.
ArchedThunder wrote:Blue doesn't have to have a speed debuff for God to be a faster form, it could just be that God gives a bigger boost to speed than Blue.
That actually would be plausible and somewhat unique, since we only had this once, every other SSJ transformation besides Grade 3 had equal power and speed boost.
RedHeat wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
You know, considering how terrible is the color match (purple with SSJ Blue), Vegeta actually look good in this supposed purple outfit, in the anime and as a SSJ I bet it would look cool.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:17 pm

emi_b7 wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
The gr wrote: Super saiyan god look so cool,hit look damaged,he really did struggle with dyspo
Man, what's up with all these petty, trollish posts from you the last couple of days? It seems like you want people to dislike the show for some reason, or waiting for any chance to say "haha I told you so". What a miserable way to interact with fellow fans.
You must be new here, nice to meet you. Full disclosure I genuinely dislike the anime and look for every opportunity to tear it down and any opportunity to share that opinion with others. On the flip side I watch it regularly and also threaten to quit every so often. If someone voicing their opinion that something you enjoy sucks bothers you, this may not be the place for you and may be better suited for far braver and thicker skinned individuals.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:20 pm

I don't know if Kame Sennin will get ringed out this week (or is it the next one? I get confused with the summaries) but I'm pretty sure Tenshinhan won't go before facing one of the hidden fighters (probably Damon) and Piccolo won't go before facing one of the other Namekkians. Goku, Vegeeta and Freeza are safe for now. Gohan will soon have focus but he probably lasts longer. #17 and #18 have been having focus but I think only #17 will go further.

From this, we can assume we'll have an episode where Piccolo and Gohan team up (maybe in the fight against the Namekkians), we'll have an episode where Freeza goes Golden, an episode dedicated to Freeza/Frost's alliance, an episode where Vegeeta has a major fight, at least an episode for Goku vs Geran. This, coupled with shenanigans concerning Cauliflo, Kale, Hit, Top and Ribriand (maybe) tells us the tournament still has a lot to cover.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:28 pm

Chuquita wrote:
YES! :mrgreen: Good times! Happy 104 is two weekends from now and not on this one. 103's gonna be messy for me, rl-wise.
Glad to see you in such high spirits. At least you've got something to look forward to next week. The SSG color really matches up well with Hitto's purple. I'm excited and curious to see the episode.

emi_b7
Beyond Newbie

Post by emi_b7 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:32 pm

TheMikado wrote:
emi_b7 wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
You must be new here, nice to meet you. Full disclosure I genuinely dislike the anime and look for every opportunity to tear it down and any opportunity to share that opinion with others. On the flip side I watch it regularly and also threaten to quit every so often. If someone voicing their opinion that something you enjoy sucks bothers you, this may not be the place for you and may be better suited for far braver and thicker skinned individuals.
What? I never said you shouldn't voice your opinion or that you couldn't dislike the show. In fact, I never said anything about your opinion of the show. I'm talking about posts like the one I quoted or these:
[spoiler]
TheMikado wrote:Image
TheMikado wrote:The thing I'm looking forward to most is creating a thread where I show direct comparisons of those who complained about the manga bringing back SSG way back in the universe tournament, giving it to Vegeta, and then actually taking the time to explain the forms a bit. Then these same people defending the superior writing of the anime.

I'm just debating whether names should be included.
TheMikado wrote:
Man, these leaks look like fire. Looks like we're finally having some Top Tiers going at it. I didn't think I would get to see Dyspo and Hit fight THIS early.
Goku going god form is probably just Blue.
TheMikado wrote:The thing I'm looking forward to most is creating a thread where I show direct comparisons of those who complained about the manga bringing back SSG way back in the universe tournament, giving it to Vegeta, and then actually taking the time to explain the forms a bit. Then these same people defending the superior writing of the anime.

That's unreasonably vindictive for no apparent reason.
The thread hasn't even been created yet.
It was more of a test to see if those individuals would self incriminate themselves by replying and complaining about it . :lol:
It's just good clean fun. Sorry the reason wasn't more apparent to you.
You even admit you are trolling in that one[/spoiler]
Well, that was a waste of time.
Anyway, that's just a couple of examples from the last coouple of days and just from this thread. You are being an asshole and petty to other posters for no reason. I don't care if you like Super or not. I don't recall you making posts like these in the past, that's why I asked.
Also, drop the condescending "welcome to Kansenshuu" attitude.
Last edited by emi_b7 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:32 pm

I'm still one of those that think Goku's "throbbing" isn't him being excited but rather his body messing with him. I think he probably won't even realize he went SSG and not Blue for a while unless someone tells him. At the moment, it's my assumption that this is the first stepping stone towards the new form.

If not, then I'm curious for a different explanation that they'll give.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:38 pm

emi_b7 wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
emi_b7 wrote: Man, what's up with all these petty, trollish posts from you the last couple of days? It seems like you want people to dislike the show for some reason, or waiting for any chance to say "haha I told you so". What a miserable way to interact with fellow fans.
What? I never said you shouldn't voice your opinion or that you couldn't dislike the show. In fact, I never said anything about your opinion of the show. I'm talking about posts like the one I quoted or these:
[spoiler]
TheMikado wrote:Image

TheMikado wrote:
Man, these leaks look like fire. Looks like we're finally having some Top Tiers going at it. I didn't think I would get to see Dyspo and Hit fight THIS early.
Goku going god form is probably just Blue.

That's unreasonably vindictive for no apparent reason.
The thread hasn't even been created yet.
It was more of a test to see if those individuals would self incriminate themselves by replying and complaining about it . :lol:
It's just good clean fun. Sorry the reason wasn't more apparent to you.
You even admit you are trolling in that one[/spoiler]
Well, that was a waste of time.
Anyway, that's just a couple of examples from the last coouple of days and just from this thread. You are being an asshole and petty to other posters for no reason. I don't care if you like Super or not. I don't recall you making posts like these in the past, that's why I asked.
Also, drop the condescending "welcome to Kansenshuu" attitude.
It's a bait post just like this one. It was designed to encourage a certain type of individual to post and it never fails.

Also I will continue to welcome you to the forum to enjoy friendly discourse and discussion as much as I please thank you very much. So once again welcome to the forums.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:46 pm

It's sad that this has become a show more about merchandizing and toy/videogames sales than storytelling. It's the only reason Super Saiyan God is back.

Truthfully there never should have been any new Super Saiyan forms after 3 to begin with. They should have just had Goku raise his power in his Super Saiyan 2 form and that's it. Super Saiyan God was a mistake.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:49 pm

precita wrote:It's sad that this has become a show more about merchandizing and toy/videogames sales than storytelling. It's the only reason Super Saiyan God is back.

Truthfully there never should have been any new Super Saiyan forms after 3 to begin with. They should have just had Goku raise his power in his Super Saiyan 2 form and that's it. Super Saiyan God was a mistake.
Well we all know SSG wasn't even Toriyamas idea to begin with, even after he did his revamps I seem to recall him saying he didn't even think it should be called SSG or something like that.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:50 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
Glad to see you in such high spirits. At least you've got something to look forward to next week. The SSG color really matches up well with Hitto's purple. I'm excited and curious to see the episode.
Many thanks! I really am looking forward to 104 (also 103's episode preview). This story arc is still messy I think, but if they had any hopes of pulling me back in, ssjg Gokû is one of the ways they could do it. I can't wait to see him again.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:51 pm

precita wrote:It's sad that this has become a show more about merchandizing and toy/videogames sales than storytelling. It's the only reason Super Saiyan God is back.

And sadly it will not change until merchandize and toy/video games sales start to go down. Bringing back SSJG because they already killed SSJB by having Kale withstand a kamehameha even if Goku wasnt going all out.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:57 pm

Chuquita wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
Many thanks! I really am looking forward to 104 (also 103's episode preview). This story arc is still messy I think, but if they had any hopes of pulling me back in, ssjg Gokû is one of the ways they could do it. I can't wait to see him again.
I was actually willing to give Super a pass for the lack of explanation of Trunks form if they gave some exposition on the SSJ berserk form.. I really love that God is back and could potentially fill hole but my fear it's that the implementation is undercooked and makes this worse. I feel it will either be excellently implemented or terrible. It doesn't have a lot of wiggle room given the circumstances it's coming back under.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:59 pm

Chuquita wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
I can't wait to see SSG's glorious aura. I find that form to have the best aura.
TheMikado wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: Glad to see you in such high spirits. At least you've got something to look forward to next week. The SSG color really matches up well with Hitto's purple. I'm excited and curious to see the episode.
I was actually willing to give Super a pass for the lack of explanation of Trunks form if they gave some exposition on the SSJ berserk form.. I really love that God is back and could potentially fill hole but my fear it's that the implementation is undercooked and makes this worse. I feel it will either be excellently implemented or terrible. It doesn't have a lot of wiggle room given the circumstances it's coming back under.
To me, a way they could pull this off is if they have SSG coming back now tie into this possible new form Goku is getting later this saga. Of course, if it does tie into that (and if Goku really is getting a new form), it probably won't be completely clear in episode 104 as to how it'll tie into it.