"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TBMx » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:27 pm

Simere wrote:
TBMx wrote:What are you even arguing with me for? You're not going to get me to like Goku now and you're not going to convince me to keep watching Super.
So you were serious when you said you're done? We won't be seeing you around anymore?
Well the way they're writing it, Super stands or falls on whether you like Goku. This Goku is a glory hogging retard exceptional individual. So Super falls.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:39 pm

So...see you next week?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:36 pm

TBMx wrote:
HeroR wrote: Goku apologetics.
Battle of Gods isn't canon. I'm talking about Dragonball Super and Dragonball Super only. Stop bringing in the movies. Because I won't reply to that past this point.

Goku is much faster than 18, Goku flew in and intercepted a punch against Dyspo from out of nowhere, and faster than Hit could react, the same Hit who could react against SSB Kaioken Goku x10. And he has instant transmission. Where was he when Krillin was falling out? Before and after he was hit by Frost? If Goku can intercept attacks the way he did in 104, it just shows he pays more attention to Hit than his own best friend.

If Goku can get his second and third and fourth and fifth wind in his fight against Beerus, why can't Caulifla or Kale against Dyspo?

Magetta is a match for SSJ Vegeta who is as strong as SSJ Goku who was stated to be as strong as SSGod Red.

Goku's "score" indicates that he will take the Hit fight, which I hate.

What are you even arguing with me for? You're not going to get me to like Goku now and you're not going to convince me to keep watching Super.
Oh how cute, you took down my entire statement to "Goku apologetics". How old are you and why would I care if you keep watching Super?

The movie is canon since Super tell the same exact story. Even if you discount the movie, the retelling never claimed that Goku never could go Super Saiyan God again, so there is no retcon.

Even if Goku is faster than 18, he isn't faster than a person who is standing right next to another person and again, you don't know what the heck Goku was doing. It also comes off as you talking out of both sides of your mouth since on one hand, you want less Goku, but wants him to rushed across the stage to save Krillin. Why didn't 17 save Krillin or his own sister? He clearly saw what happened since he commented on it, yet I don't see you accusing 17 of anything, especially since 17 has intercepted for Goku twice. And Goku could only intercept Hit's fight because Hit was falling off the stage, unlike Krillin who was ring out so fast that 18 didn't know it happened until he was benched.

Cali and Kale is not Goku. Just because Goku get 10 different second winds doesn't automatically means every character in the show gets it. And Goku got those second winds when he was directly threatened, not just watching from the sideline. Like Goku didn't suddenly get a second wind in the Cell Games and was able to fight Cell when he was crushing Gohan or getting his ass kicked by a Cell Jr. He also certainly didn't get a second wind after he lost Super Saiyan 3 to Kid Buu. In Super, Goku went down to Black several times and only really got one second wind. So, I'm not sure why you're using just one of Goku's battles and acted like this is the standard for him.

Dyspo is stronger than a Super Saiyan Vegeta since he was able to land attacks that hurt Hit and knocked Super Saiyan God Goku around. So Magetta is still fodder to Dyspo.

You can hate it, fine. Hasn't happened yet so there's no point complaining about it.

I suggest you come back to debate when you grow up if this is your attitude or if you think the person you're posting to care if you watched the show you're debating like you're important.
Last edited by HeroR on Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:42 pm

omaro34 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
1. Plot Shield.

2. They might be done after they have their main fight, the fight vs the Pride Troopers only served for Kales development.

I'm still sticking with my prediction of them along with Cabba facing Brianne, Rosie and Jimizu.
For what exactly? To get their butts beaten again?
No, to sell more toys. Female Saiyans are a rare commodity in Dragonball, so of course they're not finished. They already wrote Caulifla as a prodigy and given the power scaling in this show she'll get another level beyond super Saiyan 2. And Kale's rage can be something they can implement again once the opportunity presents itself.
I doubt Caulifla and Kale will be selling many toys, if the ratings are anything to off of.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:27 pm

A better look of Goku's new form:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:10 pm

Noah wrote:A better look of Goku's new form:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I like it, and while i do believe his new Form is going to end up like this (or at least very similair) you do realise this example is fan-made right?

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:21 am

perucho1990 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Why doesn't anybody ring out Cauliflowa and kale?
They are sitting ducks right now, the tournament stage is a circular space, and they are behind a wall, it's not like they even have a lot of cover, anybody can and should spot them from the other side..

We are talking about roshi getting disqualified because he will tire out after the Mafuba, Goku wanting to save stamina to fight till the end, but these girls are camping around like it's a goddam picnic spot..
I'm still sticking with my prediction of them along with Cabba facing Brianne, Rosie and Jimizu.
Not sure if I can handle more U6 wank. I hope to god this won't happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:35 am

hardcorefakes wrote: Not sure if I can handle more U6 wank. I hope to god this won't happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.
Oh, boy, do I agree. Of course, the twin universe of U7 would be wanked to high heavens.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:26 am

omaro34 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
1. Plot Shield.

2. They might be done after they have their main fight, the fight vs the Pride Troopers only served for Kales development.

No, to sell more toys. Female Saiyans are a rare commodity in Dragonball, so of course they're not finished. They already wrote Caulifla as a prodigy and given the power scaling in this show she'll get another level beyond super Saiyan 2. And Kale's rage can be something they can implement again once the opportunity presents itself.
Don't they write every Saiyan as a prodigy? It just seems they are finished and they seem to want to have a rematch with Goku but we know that is only going one way. Arr they really going to Caulifla another form which would make 3 in one arc and that seems to much.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:15 am

namekiansaiyan wrote: Don't they write every Saiyan as a prodigy? It just seems they are finished and they seem to want to have a rematch with Goku but we know that is only going one way. Arr they really going to Caulifla another form which would make 3 in one arc and that seems to much.
It's not just limited to Saiyans, all of them are prodigies..
It's simply a matter of who has the biology to support them..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:45 am

About Goku new form -- with two different pics

1. with red aura and other mix in it, behind the shot of the back pics it showing his hair about to be a fully complete transform
2. with most recently goku front view with gray eye, his hair look like a mid transformation

I made a comment on reddit how I believe goku going use Red/Blue with Kaio-Kenx10 or if he going use more than x10 then I'll be damn to use all 3 to maximum his limit form.I just dont want to trust the pics as it a complete form until we see it otherwise.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:04 am

omaro34 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
1. Plot Shield.

This myth needs to die already. All the figures for the year have more or less been revealed and only one Kale figure so far... If we're to get anymore then they'll be towards the back end of the year/leading into 2018.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:15 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
This myth needs to die already. All the figures for the year have more or less been revealed and only one Kale figure so far... If we're to get anymore then they'll be towards the back end of the year/leading into 2018.
December isn't too far out. But I stand corrected. It's been drilled to my head that toys are constantly being sold especially those of new popular characters, not here specifically, but other sites as well.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:39 am

omaro34 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
omaro34 wrote: No, to sell more toys. Female Saiyans are a rare commodity in Dragonball, so of course they're not finished. They already wrote Caulifla as a prodigy and given the power scaling in this show she'll get another level beyond super Saiyan 2. And Kale's rage can be something they can implement again once the opportunity presents itself.
December isn't too far out. But I stand corrected. It's been drilled to my head that toys are constantly being sold especially those of new popular characters, not here specifically, but other sites as well.
That is assuming anything more does get announced as of right now for the rest of the year just one Kale figure...

The release schedules are so slow and they waste slots by putting Z related stuff or Heroes related things this is all under the Super brand it's like what are they doing and then they sometimes re-use moulds for figures and make things even slower. An example, new Super brand line of figures (FES Stage) was announced a few months ago (first volume came out 2 weeks ago), 8 figures have been announced...only 1 is really Super related the rest from Dragon Ball or Z and all of them are Goku... And of those 8, 2 are SS1 Namek Goku's same mould but one with a more golder paint job on the hair, 2 base Saiyan arc Goku's with the same mould but one normal the other Kaioken, 2 SS3 Goku's same mould but one has a lighter coloured gi...

I don't like this myth people have that everything in Super is made primarily to shift toys or merchandise, while that maybe a goal it is not the primary goal that people make out, otherwise shit wouldn't be so slow to be released.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:02 am

MainJPW wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote: Not sure if I can handle more U6 wank. I hope to god this won't happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.
Oh, boy, do I agree. Of course, the twin universe of U7 would be wanked to high heavens.
Me too. As of now, U6 may be my least favorite universe

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:14 am

This Goku's new form looks great and pretty badass but....isn't it just Mastered Super Saiyan Blue? Like, this from the manga?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:20 am

Mercenary wrote:This Goku's new form looks great and pretty badass but....isn't it just Mastered Super Saiyan Blue? Like, this from the manga?
That does not look to be the case, no, since it's Goku in base form with some minor changes.
Maybe this is just Goku about to transform though.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:21 am

Mercenary wrote:This Goku's new form looks great and pretty badass but....isn't it just Mastered Super Saiyan Blue? Like, this from the manga?
No, the hairstyle is different plus it's not blue.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:27 am

Noah wrote:
No, the hairstyle is different plus it's not blue.
If that's just him in the process of transforming into nothing but mastered blue it wouldn't only be a terrible shame but waste of a great design as well..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:31 am

I wonder if the tidbit of SSB just being a variation of SSG, like SS2 and 3 are of plain SS is going to make it into the future episodes..
Because right now it's pretty confusing, it's more along the lines of god ki absorbed Saiyan God SS..