"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Lionel
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1964
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:54 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lionel » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:27 am

I've expressed this feeling before but I'm so desensitised from Goku at this point that I might accept Gohan emerging as a dark horse saviour for his universe this arc if it meant deviating from the norm of the spotlight being focused on Goku to yet again save the day. Gohan assuming the role of last man defender of his universe would appeal on a personal level as well since he happens to be my personal favourite character in the series. Do I believe it's plausible? No, with all of these advertisements of a new form that's alleged to put Goku on par with the main enemy of the arc, I know the odds of Gohan wrenching the spotlight away are minimal at best.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1064
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:36 am

I think that the writers have began to adopt the 'Ryu' mentality for Goku. He's in it for the fight, and always is a major focus point for the big bad, but eventually - in plot terms - the victory goes to someone else. This isn't so much a cock-tease for the fans as it is a supposed inspiration for him to always try harder and focus on improving his combat abilities.

That's how I interpret it, anyway.

darzap
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:38 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by darzap » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:47 am

Ki Breaker wrote:If you had a fight with a tiger, you shoot it 7 times, poke it's eyes out and eat lunch on top of its back basically you dominate the entire fight, but he catches you by surprise and slits your throat away, who had the win?
That's not what happened, though. You beat down the tiger, some other animal catches you off guard and it looks dangerous for a moment, but then your friend intervenes as well and you win in the end.

Frieza lost the straight fight AND the fight involving tricks. So no matter, which of those 2 definitions you chose, he lost by both of them.

Yedis
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:16 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Yedis » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:40 am

ssj3kakarot wrote:So, there are some people who theorize that Gohan will be the one to beat Jiren, that Goku will obtain his new form, and still lose. Upon seeing his father lose, and being the only hope left for the Universe, unlock some uber "plot device" transformation, and win the tournament.

What is everyone thoughts on this scenario or something like this taking place? ( Gohan winning the tournament in general because Goku was unable to seal the deal?)
Too similar to the Cell games would they actually use the same plot device over again?

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:43 am

Some friendly advice... people please do not watch the "special" in a shitty ass live stream relying on choice tweets to understand what is going on, if you wait an hour, not only will you have it in HD but fully subbed too and legal. Seems a pretty good deal to me. I've lost count how many times I've seen "episode was better in HD" then wait for it in the first place. This whole thing of being first doesn't matter, no one gives a shit you seen it an hour early, and your experience will forever be tainted.
(This should apply for normal episodes too, but if you're not gonna do it then at least to it for the "special").

I plan to go to sleep early and wake up at 3am (since that's when the simulcast should go live UK time) that way I'll be refreshed and raring to go :)

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7933
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:52 am

Ki Breaker wrote: If you had a fight with a tiger, you shoot it 7 times, poke it's eyes out and eat lunch on top of its back basically you dominate the entire fight, but he catches you by surprise and slits your throat away, who had the win?

I like to believe tiger is the man, but you might want to believe in yourself there all well, not all HeroR known to dominate the fights..

We simply have a different definition of win, I'll leave it at that..
Tiger won because you're dead and lunch. I don't think you would be singing 'I WON' from the grave.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I doubt Gohan will get a new form to overshadow Goku's so soon.

Gohan might be the reason why he gets the form as Goku migh get beat up badly and while he lies on the floor he sees Frieza start his betrayal and tortures Gohan before knocking him and this makes Goku angry and he gets he new form.
Why would Freeza torture Gohan when he has to deal with Jiren who is knocking people out?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
namekiansaiyan
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 4355
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:42 am

HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:I doubt Gohan will get a new form to overshadow Goku's so soon.

Gohan might be the reason why he gets the form as Goku migh get beat up badly and while he lies on the floor he sees Frieza start his betrayal and tortures Gohan before knocking him and this makes Goku angry and he gets he new form.
Why would Freeza torture Gohan when he has to deal with Jiren who is knocking people out?
Jiren will be fighting Goku while Frieza is doing it since he hates monkeys. Frieza and Frost are not going to get involved during the Goku vs Jiren fight and will continue doing their usual sneaky tactics.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Some friendly advice... people please do not watch the "special" in a shitty ass live stream relying on choice tweets to understand what is going on, if you wait an hour, not only will you have it in HD but fully subbed too and legal. Seems a pretty good deal to me. I've lost count how many times I've seen "episode was better in HD" then wait for it in the first place. This whole thing of being first doesn't matter, no one gives a shit you seen it an hour early, and your experience will forever be tainted.
(This should apply for normal episodes too, but if you're not gonna do it then at least to it for the "special").

I plan to go to sleep early and wake up at 3am (since that's when the simulcast should go live UK time) that way I'll be refreshed and raring to go :)
Everyone should ignore anything Dragon Ball from the 3rd or 4th October and go spoiler free apart from the stuff we already know.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7933
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:01 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:I doubt Gohan will get a new form to overshadow Goku's so soon.

Gohan might be the reason why he gets the form as Goku migh get beat up badly and while he lies on the floor he sees Frieza start his betrayal and tortures Gohan before knocking him and this makes Goku angry and he gets he new form.
Why would Freeza torture Gohan when he has to deal with Jiren who is knocking people out?
Jiren will be fighting Goku while Frieza is doing it since he hates monkeys. Frieza and Frost are not going to get involved during the Goku vs Jiren fight and will continue doing their usual sneaky tactics.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Some friendly advice... people please do not watch the "special" in a shitty ass live stream relying on choice tweets to understand what is going on, if you wait an hour, not only will you have it in HD but fully subbed too and legal. Seems a pretty good deal to me. I've lost count how many times I've seen "episode was better in HD" then wait for it in the first place. This whole thing of being first doesn't matter, no one gives a shit you seen it an hour early, and your experience will forever be tainted.
(This should apply for normal episodes too, but if you're not gonna do it then at least to it for the "special").

I plan to go to sleep early and wake up at 3am (since that's when the simulcast should go live UK time) that way I'll be refreshed and raring to go :)
Everyone should ignore anything Dragon Ball from the 3rd or 4th October and go spoiler free apart from the stuff we already know.
Jiren is attack everyone, not just Goku.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
namekiansaiyan
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 4355
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:13 am

HeroR wrote:
Jiren is attack everyone, not just Goku.
How do you know that?

User avatar
Yomi
Regular
Posts: 612
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 8:45 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Yomi » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:42 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Some friendly advice... people please do not watch the "special" in a shitty ass live stream relying on choice tweets to understand what is going on, if you wait an hour, not only will you have it in HD but fully subbed too and legal. Seems a pretty good deal to me. I've lost count how many times I've seen "episode was better in HD" then wait for it in the first place. This whole thing of being first doesn't matter, no one gives a shit you seen it an hour early, and your experience will forever be tainted.
(This should apply for normal episodes too, but if you're not gonna do it then at least to it for the "special").

I plan to go to sleep early and wake up at 3am (since that's when the simulcast should go live UK time) that way I'll be refreshed and raring to go :)
a lot of youtubers make reviews like really early, with the live stream and 10 tweets somehow, It's very weird lol.
Some people just can't wait 1 hour after waiting 1 week. It's too tempting I guess.
:clap:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7933
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:45 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Jiren is attack everyone, not just Goku.
How do you know that?
Because the preview literally says that Jiren's power overwhelm Goku and the other fighters. So Jiren isn't just attacking Goku if the preview is to be believe. And what sense would it make for Freeza to torture Gohan when someone who can body a Kaioken x20 Goku will most likely come after him next? From a story POV, that doesn't really make sense.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Some friendly advice... people please do not watch the "special" in a shitty ass live stream relying on choice tweets to understand what is going on, if you wait an hour, not only will you have it in HD but fully subbed too and legal. Seems a pretty good deal to me. I've lost count how many times I've seen "episode was better in HD" then wait for it in the first place. This whole thing of being first doesn't matter, no one gives a shit you seen it an hour early, and your experience will forever be tainted.
(This should apply for normal episodes too, but if you're not gonna do it then at least to it for the "special").

I plan to go to sleep early and wake up at 3am (since that's when the simulcast should go live UK time) that way I'll be refreshed and raring to go :)
Geekdom and UnrealGaming are by far the worse at this. Geekdom specifically has a special deal with Crunchyroll, so there is no excuse why he can't wait an hour before posting a review. He then makes mistakes and then make a video making corrections with 'I own up to my mistake'. Yeah, but you wouldn't' have made those mistake if you waited a freaking hour for the official subs instead of trying to used Herms' select tweets, knowing that he misses stuff despite his best efforts.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
namekiansaiyan
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 4355
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:57 am

HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Jiren is attack everyone, not just Goku.
How do you know that?
Because the preview literally says that Jiren's power overwhelm Goku and the other fighters. So Jiren isn't just attacking Goku if the preview is to be believe. And what sense would it make for Freeza to torture Gohan when someone who can body a Kaioken x20 Goku will most likely come after him next? From a story POV, that doesn't really make sense.
I think the overwhelm bit is just everyone saying he has extremely high Ki and reacting with shock as usual.

From a story point of view it is just Frieza being Frieza.

Frost and Frieza are either working together or one is betraying the other.

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:23 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by vashter » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:32 am

Can someone tell me if Jiren could be a league above merge zamasu? Since episode leak listed that goku use kaiokenx20 I don't know if it a regular kaioken or with ssb and Jiren literally tank it, merge zamasu got kick in face by goku non kaioken multiplyer and it erase halo on back of merge zamasu just with a fricking kaioken kick

User avatar
Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6570
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:15 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:53 am

vashter wrote:Can someone tell me if Jiren could be a league above merge zamasu? Since episode leak listed that goku use kaiokenx20 I don't know if it a regular kaioken or with ssb and Jiren literally tank it, merge zamasu got kick in face by goku non kaioken multiplyer and it erase halo on back of merge zamasu just with a fricking kaioken kick
Jiren is leagues above merged Zamasu..
Dude is supposed to be no selling Blue KK 20 and merged Zamasu was dusted by one KK attack..
If you wanna go by the manga, perfect blue can somewhat compete with merged Zamasu, and even in the manga Goku more than likely is gonna need to new form to beat Jiren..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

User avatar
MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 813
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:32 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by MagmonKai » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:07 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
vashter wrote:Can someone tell me if Jiren could be a league above merge zamasu? Since episode leak listed that goku use kaiokenx20 I don't know if it a regular kaioken or with ssb and Jiren literally tank it, merge zamasu got kick in face by goku non kaioken multiplyer and it erase halo on back of merge zamasu just with a fricking kaioken kick
Jiren is leagues above merged Zamasu..
Dude is supposed to be no selling Blue KK 20 and merged Zamasu was dusted by one KK attack..
If you wanna go by the manga, perfect blue can somewhat compete with merged Zamasu, and even in the manga Goku more than likely is gonna need to new form to beat Jiren..

I would not go that far, Merged Zamasu handled Vegito pretty well, and I'm pretty sure Vegito could Take Jiren. That one kick surprised Zamasu, I wouldn't say he "dusted" him.

User avatar
hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by hardcorefakes » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:24 pm

darzap wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:If you had a fight with a tiger, you shoot it 7 times, poke it's eyes out and eat lunch on top of its back basically you dominate the entire fight, but he catches you by surprise and slits your throat away, who had the win?
That's not what happened, though. You beat down the tiger, some other animal catches you off guard and it looks dangerous for a moment, but then your friend intervenes as well and you win in the end.

Frieza lost the straight fight AND the fight involving tricks. So no matter, which of those 2 definitions you chose, he lost by both of them.
Frieza blew up the planet Vegeta was on, ergo he won.

And Frieza did it with stamina issues, while having to fight two SSB opponents in a row.

He looks far more impressive than either Goku or Vegeta there, even with the "tricks" (aka Goku letting his guard down). And Frieza didn't have the benefit of being friends with a divine being.

In the end, he won the battle, but it was reversed due to circumstances outside of his control.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7933
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:28 pm

hardcorefakes wrote:
darzap wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:If you had a fight with a tiger, you shoot it 7 times, poke it's eyes out and eat lunch on top of its back basically you dominate the entire fight, but he catches you by surprise and slits your throat away, who had the win?
That's not what happened, though. You beat down the tiger, some other animal catches you off guard and it looks dangerous for a moment, but then your friend intervenes as well and you win in the end.

Frieza lost the straight fight AND the fight involving tricks. So no matter, which of those 2 definitions you chose, he lost by both of them.
Frieza blew up the planet Vegeta was on, ergo he won.

And Frieza did it with stamina issues, while having to fight two SSB opponents in a row.

He looks far more impressive than either Goku or Vegeta there, even with the "tricks" (aka Goku letting his guard down). And Frieza didn't have the benefit of being friends with a divine being.

In the end, he won the battle, but it was reversed due to circumstances outside of his control.
Freeza came out looking worse since he lost to Goku for the exact same reason he lost on Namek. He had poor stamina and it was even worse with his golden form.

Goku and Vegeta were careless. Freeza was just an impatient idiot.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:32 pm

Some good news it looks like it is the end of gashapon's giving "spoilers" away, UDM #29 been revealed and nothing out the ordinary. In case anyone is wondering #27 gave away SSG returning and DBS vs DB #04 gave Goku using Kaioken and the Spirit Bomb away. With #05 nothing out the ordinary.

A couple of holes, but I think so far they have done a good job of keeping major things fairly hush from leaking, of course some stuff is still out their control.

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
I Live Here
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:34 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Some good news it looks like it is the end of gashapon's giving "spoilers" away, UDM #29 been revealed and nothing out the ordinary. In case anyone is wondering #27 gave away SSG returning and DBS vs DB #04 gave Goku using Kaioken and the Spirit Bomb away. With #05 nothing out the ordinary.

A couple of holes, but I think so far they have done a good job of keeping major things fairly hush from leaking, of course some stuff is still out their control.
What is that figure on the bottom of the UDM 29 image? It kind of looks like Broly wearing Saiyan armor.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:39 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Some good news it looks like it is the end of gashapon's giving "spoilers" away, UDM #29 been revealed and nothing out the ordinary. In case anyone is wondering #27 gave away SSG returning and DBS vs DB #04 gave Goku using Kaioken and the Spirit Bomb away. With #05 nothing out the ordinary.

A couple of holes, but I think so far they have done a good job of keeping major things fairly hush from leaking, of course some stuff is still out their control.
What is that figure on the bottom of the UDM 29 image? It kind of looks like Broly wearing Saiyan armor.
I think it is the Trunks & Vegeta fusion from Heroes.

Post Reply