"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by PMD » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:37 pm

Too bad it was fake. I was interested in the idea of 17 and 18 fusing and it makes sense since 18 was around when Piccolo showed it to the kids. That fusion would be incredibly powerful.

I laughed with all the "Oh no, they're male and female! That's a no-no" comments. Talking about really insecurity there. Who cares about the gender, if it's a cool and powerful character. And if that makes you quit watching, bye, nobody will miss you.

I liked the design of Heroes. It's not bad.
Michsi wrote:Awww shucks, was really hoping this one turned out to be true. Would really like a fusion from the twins (have no idea what Heroes version looks like)
Oh well, gotta manage my enthusiasm, people love their photoshop after all :)
Here you have it:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Grimlock wrote:
Impossible. What Dragon Ball Heroes has is Super 17 absorbing Android 18, which means you'll see more of Super 17 with some things from Android 18 (blonde hair, in this case). Metamoran fusion will generate the Metamoran clothes and the appearance itself is unknown, we'll have to wait and see. Although I think that image is fake.

As for gender (does it really matter what gender is?), the only thing we know comes from one of those 2014 interviews that Toriyama says that a fusion between a male and a female might result in a drag-queen (for gag purposes obviously. I don't think a fusion between Lapis and Lazuli would be treated as a gag thing so it might have a completely different appearance from a drag-queen).
Best response about the topic. Thanks.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:53 pm

PMD wrote:
Michsi wrote:Awww shucks, was really hoping this one turned out to be true. Would really like a fusion from the twins (have no idea what Heroes version looks like)
Oh well, gotta manage my enthusiasm, people love their photoshop after all :)
Here you have it:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Thanks! :thumbup:

Gotta say, not a big fan of this design, and I think the biggest offender here are the clothes. Would've went with a different hair style too. Hope they're not obliged to keep the designs introduced in the game.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:54 pm

Olympian wrote:See, betweeen God Ki, different forms of Fusion for different aspects and flat out mystical training, there`s no way is against "power levels" for Earthlings to get stronger. If they don`t is because Toryama and the studio don`t outline it or care to.

They just open Windows and doors for them to be used.
problems with each of them.

1. we don't know if god ki can be used by everyone and even if it can, it will become like super saiyan, something that was once special but no longer is.

2.fusion doesn't make characters stronger, it makes a stronger character. But no 2 earthlings can equal that much stronger of a character.

3. It took vegeta 6 regular months of training under whis and an additional 4 months along with goku. These are the 2 characters known for making fast gains. when goku got everyone he only had 4 hours left, not enough time even with the time chamber.

There is only 1 way, create a plot device like the holy water or z sword but its cheap.

if z have done something differently than ok, but nah, thee is a reason the earthlings had to use desperate tactics to even scratch a bad guy.

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:44 pm

Totamo wrote: 1. we don't know if god ki can be used by everyone and even if it can, it will become like super saiyan, something that was once special but no longer is.
The outline we have so far doesn`t shut down anything of the sort and being "special" isn`t honestly a concern of mine. Saiyan Blue stopped being special some time ago. Super Saiyan stopped being special a long time ago. The moment children with no combat experience became Super Saiyan that was out of the blue.
Totamo wrote: 2. fusion doesn't make characters stronger, it makes a stronger character. But no 2 earthlings can equal that much stronger of a character
Which can make any two main characters more relevant.
Totamo wrote: 3. It took vegeta 6 regular months of training under whis and an additional 4 months along with goku. These are the 2 characters known for making fast gains. when goku got everyone he only had 4 hours left, not enough time even with the time chamber
The Eartlings always had faster + bigger gains when taking on Goku`s previous training. Keep the same pattern for one or another, is nothing new.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:40 pm

Olympian wrote:
Totamo wrote: 1. we don't know if god ki can be used by everyone and even if it can, it will become like super saiyan, something that was once special but no longer is.
The outline we have so far doesn`t shut down anything of the sort and being "special" isn`t honestly a concern of mine. Saiyan Blue stopped being special some time ago. Super Saiyan stopped being special a long time ago. The moment children with no combat experience became Super Saiyan that was out of the blue.
Totamo wrote: 2. fusion doesn't make characters stronger, it makes a stronger character. But no 2 earthlings can equal that much stronger of a character
Totamo wrote: 3. It took vegeta 6 regular months of training under whis and an additional 4 months along with goku. These are the 2 characters known for making fast gains. when goku got everyone he only had 4 hours left, not enough time even with the time chamber
The Eartlings always had faster + bigger gains when taking on Goku`s previous training. Keep the same pattern for one or another, is nothing new.
The earthlings were also stronger and faster than Goku was when they took on those masters. I mean seriously. Goku trained with Karin when he was 12, Ten, Yamcha, and Kuririn don't train with Karin until 3 years later, where they'd all far surpassed the Goku that trained with Karin. Goku trains with Kami when he's 15 and just beat Daimao. The earthlings train with him 5 years after the 23rd Budokai. It's the same with Kaio, they were stronger when training with Kaio than when Goku spent time training with him. When actually training under the same master at the same time (Goku and Kuririn with Roshi where the gap between Goku and Kuririn wasn't all that big yet), by the time of the 21st Budokai, that gap widened quite a bit.

With all this said, it's just breaking down how it goes down, not necessarily disagreeing with what you're saying. The problem is, when you get to Kaio, the humans and Piccolo fail to learn what Goku learned from Kaio. From that point onward, they are unable of keeping up, especially when Kaioken becomes obsolete when Goku gets SSJ, then comes SSJ2, SSJ3, SSJG, SSJB, and now finally with SSJB, Kaioken is finally a thing again. Even then, apparently Goku's getting a new form where that's going to likely make SSJBKK irrelevant.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:16 pm

Olympian wrote:

What? The only time they surpass Goku was in the saiyan saga and nappa still made them like like fodder. But you are right, i should have said impactful gains.Unless you are talking about the anime.

and no it doesn't make 2 characters relevant. It makes an entirely new character.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:59 pm

As for Power Ups being special to me the only ones that were ever special was Goku going SSJ because it was supposed to be legendary and SSJ2 and that was only because it was Gohan and spirit vs spirit played.

Otherwise no power up is special. I love DB for the characters but they kind of threw themselves in a corner here (although of course Toriyama didn't think there was going to end up being so much DB after Z).

What can realistically happen with a power up? A character gets a power up and defeats a villain (or even doesn't) but then a new villain comes who is even stronger. There is only so many ways they can play around with this formula. I just wonder how many new power ups we will see before the end. That's not to say I am not excited to see the new power up in action but it's definitely lost the allure it had when Goku first turned SSJ.

That is one thing I did like so much about Hit. I like that his ability was something that needed to be overcome with more than just a power up. But yeah power ups are ultimately a weak link of DB for me.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:12 am

Apparently the magazine has leaked in Korea, but the discussion is taking place in Korean, so translations aren't yet available.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:24 am

Why are they putting out what's pretty much the exact same information, like 4 or 5 times? Can't they come up with something new?

Yes. We know Jiren is strong, we know SSJ Blue Goku uses Kaioken times 20 and the Genki Dama and that it has no effect on him. Can't they reveal something new? Like Goku's new form for starters? Perhaps a name for it would be nice at least, and some more shots, perhaps another trailer? Only than are they doing the marketing right.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:33 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:Why are they putting out what's pretty much the exact same information, like 4 or 5 times? Can't they come up with something new?
That's something I've been wondering about as well. I've been assuming it's because they have a lot of magazines to give information to, which makes repeat information basically unavoidable. If that's not the reason, then what's the goal? To make sure no one's forgotten anything since last time?
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:46 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:Why are they putting out what's pretty much the exact same information, like 4 or 5 times? Can't they come up with something new?

Yes. We know Jiren is strong, we know SSJ Blue Goku uses Kaioken times 20 and the Genki Dama and that it has no effect on him. Can't they reveal something new? Like Goku's new form for starters? Perhaps a name for it would be nice at least, and some more shots, perhaps another trailer? Only than are they doing the marketing right.

Because they are being really tight lipped about what's actually going to happen during the special? Would be my guess. It's like we've known this for a month now.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:14 am

Yeah I think its about them trying really hard to keep things a secret as much as possible on what happens after SSJBKKx20 fails, I'm actually glad they're not spoiling too much.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:22 am

SansrivaaL wrote:Yeah I think its about them trying really hard to keep things a secret as much as possible on what happens after SSJBKKx20 fails, I'm actually glad they're not spoiling too much.
They have sort of spoiled it because of the transformation promotion and that he dies not defeat Jiren in the special as Hit is fighting against Jiren in episode 111.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:34 am

Alruneia wrote:
That's something I've been wondering about as well. I've been assuming it's because they have a lot of magazines to give information to, which makes repeat information basically unavoidable. If that's not the reason, then what's the goal? To make sure no one's forgotten anything since last time?
Because they have literally no incentive or reason to do so, when they've released plenty as of now?

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:28 am

Personally, I believe that it's because they don't want to leak anything REALLY major (i.e. Goku's new form). Remember when they leaked the reveal of just who Goku Black truly was and how he came to be? Not going to lie, a part of me was disappointed that it was leaked rather than us seeing it on the show with our own eyes.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:43 am

dragonballhero wrote:

Not going to lie, a part of me was disappointed that it was leaked rather than us seeing it on the show with our own eyes.
Then do what I did ; stop following this sub forum.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:50 am

namekiansaiyan wrote: They have sort of spoiled it because of the transformation promotion and that he dies not defeat Jiren in the special as Hit is fighting against Jiren in episode 111.
How'd you know he couldnt beat him? for all we know their fight got interupted, possibly the bug went for Goku and Hit went for Jiren and had their fight on hold.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:05 pm

This tournament is all about fights getting interrupted (I'm still not going to get to see how 17 vs Ribrianne or Vegeta vs Hit would've ended, am I?) so I wouldn't be surprised if Gokû vs Jiren is interrupted by someone.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:27 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: They have sort of spoiled it because of the transformation promotion and that he dies not defeat Jiren in the special as Hit is fighting against Jiren in episode 111.
How'd you know he couldnt beat him? for all we know their fight got interupted, possibly the bug went for Goku and Hit went for Jiren and had their fight on hold.
The interuption is probably Hit repaying Goku for saving him. Hit is probably doomed though for fighting Jiren on his own..

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:39 pm

Chuquita wrote:This tournament is all about fights getting interrupted (I'm still not going to get to see how 17 vs Ribrianne or Vegeta vs Hit would've ended, am I?) so I wouldn't be surprised if Gokû vs Jiren is interrupted by someone.
My Hope is that after this special we may get a conclusion to 17 vs. Ribrianne, we have to wait and see, but I would not get to ahead yet, that and Hit vs. Vegeta might still happen, who Knows. :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker