"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:06 pm

Jiren is a strong as a god of....des....

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:07 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:Jiren bio says he straight up rivals God/Gods of Destructions. Probably he is as strong as Belmod
Lol this certainly was out of the blue. Though I'm wondering. Does the translation mean his abilities are on par with a GoD, or is he actually in the realm of their power?
It was translated as "his true power is said to be at the level of god/gods of destruction"
Can we get herms to translate it

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:07 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Jiren is a strong as a god of....des....

It says his ability not necessarily Power

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:08 pm

Kanassa wrote:I don't remember seeing 'Katopesra' of universe 3, though he sounds notable enough with him being the 'Policeman to defend the third universe. The buckle of the belt glows and changes to various modes.'
Katopesra sounds like a cool guy. I hope he ends up being somehow relevant, at least memorable enough like U10's Obuni.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:09 pm

pacz360 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Jiren is a strong as a god of....des....

It says his ability not necessarily Power
..... good enough!

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:11 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:
It was translated as "his true power is said to be at the level of god/gods of destruction"
I see. Well if that's the case, there's really no discussion there then. Jiren really is a strong motherfucker.
Imagine being Goku. You fight this guy Toppo who is around SSB level. You know you can stack KKx20 on top of it so even when he says his friend is stronger, no way you think the guy is THAT much stronger.
This is some Freeza Saga power difference going on here lol. Of all of Goku's 5 major rivals (Tenshinhan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Hitto, Jiren). Jiren seems like he'll be the first to just straight up stomp Goku in their first encounter.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:17 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: I see. Well if that's the case, there's really no discussion there then. Jiren really is a strong motherfucker.
Imagine being Goku. You fight this guy Toppo who is around SSB level. You know you can stack KKx20 on top of it so even when he says his friend is stronger, no way you think the guy is THAT much stronger.
This is some Freeza Saga power difference going on here lol. Of all of Goku's 5 major rivals (Tenshinhan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Hitto, Jiren). Jiren seems like he'll be the first to just straight up stomp Goku in their first encounter.
You forgot Beerus.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:18 pm

HeroR wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:
You forgot Beerus.
Considering the titanic power gap they started with I dont think it fair to count Beerus.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:27 pm

Bu... but everyone said the mortal stronger than the Hakaishin was in U4... :wtf:
:wave: :wave: :wave:

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:30 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:Bu... but everyone said the mortal stronger than the Hakaishin was in U4... :wtf:
All it says is that Jiren is on par with GoDs not that they can't beat him. Its still possible the mortal is from u4. It doesn't require raw power to be unbeatable

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:30 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:Bu... but everyone said the mortal stronger than the Hakaishin was in U4... :wtf:
Well Jiren is not stronger, just on par. Also the idea they were from Universe 4 was only due to the manga and it and the anime have noticable differed befor.

It still could be that the bug men afrom U4 are that person but with 4 universes excluded from the tournamant we cannot be sure.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:33 pm

Whis said that there is a mortal that a God can't defeat, but this description only say that Jiren reached their level. Completely different. Or Toei writers are just idiots lol

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:33 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: This is some Freeza Saga power difference going on here lol. Of all of Goku's 5 major rivals (Tenshinhan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Hitto, Jiren). Jiren seems like he'll be the first to just straight up stomp Goku in their first encounter.
You forgot Beerus.
Considering the titanic power gap they started with I dont think it fair to count Beerus.
Doesn’t matter. Goku sees Beerus as his rival. He made Blue/Kaioken specifically to beat Beerus one day.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:35 pm

HeroR wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
HeroR wrote:
You forgot Beerus.
Doesn’t matter. Goku sees Beerus as his rival. He made Blue/Kaioken specifically to beat Beerus one day.
Fair enough, but that whole SSB/KK thing really is starting to look like it was never going to be enough now dosen't it...

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:46 pm

Remember when we all thought Beerus was worried about Goku using SSBxKKx1.... jokes on you guys lol

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:57 pm

No one in my opinion has given a compelling argument why Super is awful. Although Mikado has given a well thought out argument to why he feels Toriyama is a good writer (though I don't necessarily agree with the classic literature comparisons. Well Shakespeare's story lines themselves are fairly simple on the surface)

Just want to point out that just because someone defends Super or the Super manga or any series doesn't make them a blind fanboy (or fangirl actually as my case may be). I really hate that term it's pretty obnoxious. I am just in general a positive person so I like to dwell on the things I enjoy not things I dislike. That's not to say I will never ever criticize Super. If there is some aspect I dislike or I am not happy with then I will definitely say it. And I certainly have already said things I am unhappy with. When I talk about an episode I usually try to say things I like and dislike. I just don't like blind statements about Super overall. That no one would like it if it didn't have the Dragon Ball name. That's ridiculous. Well I didn't like GT and that also had the DB name. I will say it was probably easier for me to get into Super than a new longer series (which I may not even have bothered to give a chance) because I already felt affectionate for the characters from DBZ.

And no I don't think the original DBZ was a masterpiece without flaws. I still really enjoy DBZ but I think if I was watching it on an episode to episode basis those flaws would also be more apparent especially now since I've seen so much more anime then I have seen when I first watched DBZ. That's not to say I think DBZ is bad. I am still very much a fan of it. And I can't even lie all the faults on Toriyama because he wasn't entirely responsible for some of the flaws of the original DBZ anime. But I am rewatching DBZ now because of Super. Super brought my love back for DBZ which I haven't watched for over 15 years. I moved on from Dragon Ball and I certainly didn't expect a new series would bring me back.

This is a very shallow way to compare them but I see DBZ as an epic soap opera both in pacing and scope while Super comes off closer to a sitcom with action and drama. As a whole I definitely do enjoy DBZ's story arcs a lot more. They all had very memorable & emotional endings for me. Super hasn't quite pulled off an ending like that for me yet (although its certainly had its share of great moments that I Ioved ). Granted we haven't had many arcs but so far there hasn't been a great conclusion. I did like the way Universe 6 arc ended but it certainly doesn't compare to what we got in any of Z arcs and the Future Trunks ending was a major disappointment to me.

But on an episode to episode basis I may even enjoy Super more than Z. I also like that often the events in the episode are self contained and for the most part I don't think events drag out as much as they could in Z. Yes this new arc may seem long to people but each fight/event is pretty quick (on the flip side at times I think fights are over too quickly in Super). Bottom line is I love both Z and Super despite the fact that they aren't perfect. Neither are even close to my favorite anime series. But I also wouldn't even be an anime fan without DBZ

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:26 pm

The website says that the snyper guy (Hermila) from Universe 2 was taken out by Vegeta..

I love some of the descriptions. Vuon's basically says that he looks like a dinosaur and was taken out by Kale. For Sorrel it says that she was a cute bunny and was taken out during Goku and Vegeta's fight with Universe 9.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:28 pm

Do the profiles say what Dr. Rota's abilities are ?

Orb

Post by Orb » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:31 pm

Michsi wrote:Do the profiles say what Dr. Rota's abilities are ?
Yeah, it says his abilities are

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:58 pm

What if the new form is called "Super Saiyan Perfection" ?!
That would be neat!