"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:38 am

HeroR wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:If Kale and Califla do fuse through the fusion dance I hope their relationship is stated as being the reason for their being so in-sync. One big, yuri-powered fusion!
But there isn't any romance between them
Sure there isn't. :wink:
It doesn't need to be confirmed to feel real. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TekTheNinja wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:If Kale and Califla do fuse through the fusion dance I hope their relationship is stated as being the reason for their being so in-sync. One big, yuri-powered fusion!
You mean incest? They're still probably sisters ya know.
They're not sisters, but if they were, I still wouldn't mind. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Kataphrut wrote:
Oh totally. Consider the homoerotic subtext of Vegeta and Goku slamming dick-first into each other to become Vegito, now imagine how that would be for two characters who already have a heap of romantic undertones between them.

Expect the number of Dragon Ball Super/Steven Universe AMVs on Youtube to skyrocket after this episode, I'm calling it now.
Oh, I wouldn't want to subject Dragon Ball Super to being compared to an ugly series like Steven Universe. :(
TekTheNinja wrote:
RedHeat wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote: You mean incest? They're still probably sisters ya know.
They're not related. It's more of a friendship thing.
We still don't know that for sure. It could be either, but I'm leaning on them being siblings.
As much as I love me some good incest in fiction, the terms used imply a stereotypical gangster relationship between Kale and Caulifla, not an actual blood-relation.

Mind you, it doesn't stop the use of the words 'ane-san' and 'imouto' from being hot, but...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:38 am

OLKv3 wrote:I love that people are automatically assuming the worst case scenario will happen. This is funny to watch, people are just prepared to be disappointed by DBS. Maybe so they'll be able to be surprised if it goes against their expectations?
I'm ready for Freeza run in.

He will wait for Kalefla to difuse, with the girls being completely exhausted would be the perfect chance for Freeza to sneak attack them.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:39 am

SansrivaaL wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
WHAT? Is even Goku retarded? I mean WTF! The guy needs to get his groove back and he prefers to do that encouraging two powerful opponents to fuse? Do we even have time for that? 25 minutes left to the tournament and he will teach them the Fusion Dance in less than 10 minutes? That doesn't make any sense! Will he get Ultra Instinct in time to be able to defeat this abomination? Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Super!
PushoverMediaCritic wrote:For all we know, Dr. Rota is a Metamoran.
For realsies?
Vados_chan wrote:
sintzu wrote:I really hope the manga can find away around them.
And the manga's not canon so lol
So is the anime :)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:41 am

Nero<>Akira wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:Fusion of the Saiyan chicks. Alright then. Let's see where this goes. There isn't really much for me to say about this because there isn't much information besides that it's a thing that's going to happen.

I will address a couple things I've heard from others though.

I'm confused why the fusion is now fan fic territory. What's so fan ficky about using an already established concept in the series? I don't even care about fusion all that much outside of Gotenks, and I understand people want to see new shit, but the concept of fusion is a thing in the dragonball world. Why wouldn't they use it? It's not fan fiction to use things that are apart of the world.

Some people say they shouldn't know what fusion is. Why? Nothing the U6 fighters ever said or did indicated that fusion isn't a thing they were not aware of. At the very worst Goku just teaches it to them and they learn it in 10 seconds.

It almost seems Caulifla and Kale can't so much as move an inch without igniting rage around here.
This is literally how people should be reacting towards this especially regarding the fusion concept.
I'm not even sure what you mean by that. It would help your point if you could expand on your thoughts.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:42 am

Jigurashi wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:I love that people are automatically assuming the worst case scenario will happen. This is funny to watch, people are just prepared to be disappointed by DBS. Maybe so they'll be able to be surprised if it goes against their expectations?
It's like I said before. I can see why people wouldn't like this idea as if you don't like Caulifla and Kale you likely don't want to see more of them. But the raging out and massive assumptions based on just a provisional title is really what baffles me.
Sadly enough, Reddit had a more calm reaction to the news then this site.

Reddit - curious

Remains of Gaf - Like the idea, but hate Goku getting the spotlight.
Nero<>Akira wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:Fusion of the Saiyan chicks. Alright then. Let's see where this goes. There isn't really much for me to say about this because there isn't much information besides that it's a thing that's going to happen.

I'm confused why the fusion is now fan fic territory. What's so fan ficky about using an already established concept in the series? I don't even care about fusion all that much outside of Gotenks, and I understand people want to see new shit, but the concept of fusion is a thing in the dragonball world. Why wouldn't they use it? It's not fan fiction to use things that are apart of the world.

Some people say they shouldn't know what fusion is. Why? Nothing the U6 fighters ever said or did indicated that fusion isn't a thing they were not aware of. At the very worst Goku just teaches it to them and they learn it in 10 seconds.

It almost seems Caulifla and Kale can't so much as move an inch without igniting rage around here.
This is literally how people should be reacting towards this especially regarding the fusion concept.
Cali and Kale really embodies bitch eating crackers.

I can understand not liking them, but some of the reactions about them is parody level.
Last edited by HeroR on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:45 am

[spoiler]
JulieYBM wrote:
HeroR wrote:
pacz360 wrote: But there isn't any romance between them
Sure there isn't. :wink:
It doesn't need to be confirmed to feel real. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TekTheNinja wrote:
You mean incest? They're still probably sisters ya know.
They're not sisters, but if they were, I still wouldn't mind. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Kataphrut wrote:
Oh totally. Consider the homoerotic subtext of Vegeta and Goku slamming dick-first into each other to become Vegito, now imagine how that would be for two characters who already have a heap of romantic undertones between them.

Expect the number of Dragon Ball Super/Steven Universe AMVs on Youtube to skyrocket after this episode, I'm calling it now.
Oh, I wouldn't want to subject Dragon Ball Super to being compared to an ugly series like Steven Universe. :(
TekTheNinja wrote:
RedHeat wrote: They're not related. It's more of a friendship thing.
We still don't know that for sure. It could be either, but I'm leaning on them being siblings.
As much as I love me some good incest in fiction, the terms used imply a stereotypical gangster relationship between Kale and Caulifla, not an actual blood-relation.

Mind you, it doesn't stop the use of the words 'ane-san' and 'imouto' from being hot, but...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
[/spoiler]
JulieYBM, you need to chill. Leave the CauliflaxKale shipping to the doujinshi's and fan-arts. But of course... we wouldn't mind any contributions from you...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:45 am

Swifticuffs wrote:[

Even as just a lurker, I know to ignore that guy. namekiansaiyan is constantly negative, complaining, and whining. Sit back and relax and wait for the DBSuper writers to screw over all the namekians so he can rage and tell us how he won't watch anymore. It's always a hoot.

As for the possible fusion, I guess Goku could try showing them in the middle of the ToP... but that just seems ludicrous. We shall see.
He has the ability to predict the future, as for now all the stuff he has predicted is becoming true.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:46 am

perucho1990 wrote:

Even as just a lurker, I know to ignore that guy. namekiansaiyan is constantly negative, complaining, and whining. Sit back and relax and wait for the DBSuper writers to screw over all the namekians so he can rage and tell us how he won't watch anymore. It's always a hoot.

As for the possible fusion, I guess Goku could try showing them in the middle of the ToP... but that just seems ludicrous. We shall see.
He has the ability to predict the future, as for now all the stuff he has predicted is becoming true.
Except for that whole Piccolo beating Frost thing. That was a speculator show for two weeks.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:56 am

HeroR wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
It's like I said before. I can see why people wouldn't like this idea as if you don't like Caulifla and Kale you likely don't want to see more of them. But the raging out and massive assumptions based on just a provisional title is really what baffles me.
Sadly enough, Reddit had a more calm reaction to the news then this site.

Reddit - curious

Remains of Gaf - Like the idea, but hate Goku getting the spotlight.
Nero<>Akira wrote:

Cali and Kale really embodies bitch eating crackers.

I can understand not liking them, but some of the reactions about them is parody level.
What's really sad is that the cesspool that is gamefaqs had a more calm reaction overall than this site.

Swifticuffs
Beyond Newbie

Post by Swifticuffs » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:56 am

HeroR wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:

Except for that whole Piccolo beating Frost thing. That was a speculator show for two weeks.
Fair enough. I've enjoyed the show thus far. But I'm also a realist, who understands this stuff makes no sense by leaps and bounds in terms of power scaling, all the different contradictions, asspulls, etc. Just got to have fun and enjoy the show. Otherwise what's the point in watching? To hope it goes the way we want it? Nah, I'll just enjoy the good with the bad.... even if there is a lot of bad.

That said, What do you guys think is gonna happen with Vegeta? My common sense tells me he gets a power up and probably beats Toppo, then gets dragged by Jiren worse than Goku... but it's odd how calm he is.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:59 am

Toshio indirectly spoiled Vegeta will survive Toppo.

As for power scaling goes, just make it like Marvel and DC, period.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:01 am

Swifticuffs wrote:
Hana Midorikawa wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote: Then why exactly do they often call each other "sis"?
I call my best friends “bro” or “brother” cause I’m close with them. But by your logic, I guess we’re related and any other explanation is iffy.
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Planet Piccolo in Universe 6 would be much better then a Planet full of monkeys. Me and Frieza would greatly enjoy the destruction of Planet Sadal.
This is extremely subjective and you’re really not helping your case. I respect you solely on your love of Piccolo but your hate on anything Saiyan related is not only unnecessary, but it’s getting to the point where you’re trying to project your subjective perspective of them as something objective, and in turn you’re becoming almost like a parody of yourself.

Hana Midorikawa it is called an opinion and it seems like you don't like people having opinions. It is extremly subjective as I can't say anything objective on this subject as it is impossible to. Also if you can't tell I am not exactly being 100% serious.

If you don't like my posts then just ignore me like Swifticuffs said but at least I usually have different opinions and thoughs than most other people.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:02 am

perucho1990 wrote:Toshio indirectly spoiled Vegeta will survive Toppo.

Oh dear, did he tweet something again. :lol:

Well, it technically counts as an "official announcement" so it belongs here. Not like the previews aren't just as spoilery.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:02 am

Noah wrote:
WHAT? Is even Goku retarded? I mean WTF! The guy needs to get his groove back and he prefers to do that encouraging two powerful opponents to fuse? Do we even have time for that? 25 minutes left to the tournament and he will teach them the Fusion Dance in less than 10 minutes? That doesn't make any sense! Will he get Ultra Instinct in time to be able to defeat this abomination? Find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball Super!
A whole lotta assumption on a provisional title.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:04 am

Michsi wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:Toshio indirectly spoiled Vegeta will survive Toppo.

Oh dear, did he tweet something again. :lol:

Well, it technically counts as an "official announcement" so it belongs here. Not like the previews aren't just as spoilery.
I just checked his twitter and there was nothing there about this.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:06 am

Please 115 be the last Caulifla and Kale episode.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:09 am

Kanassa wrote:
Noah wrote:
A whole lotta assumption on a provisional title.
Did you expect anything less? DB fanbase and their knee jerk reaction to things despite little info. We literally only got a provisional title, and people are assuming things. The thing that baffles me the most is whether people like the idea or not, they assume something and convince themselves of it so it makes them even more adamant about how they feel about this.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:10 am

The_Destroyer wrote:Please 115 be the last Caulifla and Kale episode.
Fusing together means they have nothing left as single beings so it is their last effort. When the fusion runs out Frieza will be there to finish them.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:14 am

Its funny how people arent even counting on Goku when it comes to ringing them out despite him being the one fighting those 2 but rather counting on Freeza to do the job, Freeza really won a lot of fans in this arc.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:15 am

Kale and Caulifla fusing sounds cool, I don't know why so many people are against it. Just relax and wait for the episode to air, then you can complain if you find it bad.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical