"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
SansrivaaL
I Live Here
Posts: 3757
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:29 pm
Location: Earth

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:40 am

Kanassa wrote: Nope. Kale simply powered down her abilities to a level that was controllable, the spoilers seem to imply that she's learning to control the full on Beserker state
She was able to power down her abilities? I dont remember any part where this was said nor implied... when was this?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7936
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:43 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:Hopefully once they're done sparring with Goku they'll take notice of Frieza and wipe him out to repay what he did to Cabba.
Be worth it for the meltdown.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:05 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TysonWine » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:45 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:Hopefully once they're done sparring with Goku they'll take notice of Frieza and wipe him out to repay what he did to Cabba.
"Hopefully"? Frieza has been a delight this arc and the worst most embarrassing elimination he could have is to be eliminated by not just Saiyans but those Saiyans. Just the thought is unnerving.
SansrivaaL wrote:
Kanassa wrote: Nope. Kale simply powered down her abilities to a level that was controllable, the spoilers seem to imply that she's learning to control the full on Beserker state
She was able to power down her abilities? I dont remember any part where this was said nor implied... when was this?
I don't think it was said. However, she didn't look quite as big during the beam struggle as compared to her fight with Goku. I don't necessarily agree, but I could understand why someone would think that she didn't quite tap into her full power at that moment.

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
I Live Here
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:50 am

TysonWine wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Hopefully once they're done sparring with Goku they'll take notice of Frieza and wipe him out to repay what he did to Cabba.
"Hopefully"? Frieza has been a delight this arc and the worst most embarrassing elimination he could have is to be eliminated by not just Saiyans but those Saiyans. Just the thought is unnerving.
Exactly why I want it.

User avatar
SansrivaaL
I Live Here
Posts: 3757
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:29 pm
Location: Earth

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:52 am

TysonWine wrote: I don't think it was said. However, she didn't look quite as big during the beam struggle as compared to her fight with Goku. I don't necessarily agree, but I could understand why someone would think that she didn't quite tap into her full power at that moment.
Looks the same to me, even if that were the case it could just have something to do with the one doing the art, none of them said she looked different, even Goku was cautious around her asking if she was fine being in that state.

User avatar
TheMikado
I Live Here
Posts: 4886
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheMikado » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:53 am

Just realizing that these spoilers are really killing my enjoyment of Super because the delay gives me time to concoct all kinds of scenarios in my head. I thinks its time to just go back to being completed surprised by everything that happens from this point on.

User avatar
Totamo
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1871
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Totamo » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:56 am

Now here is the thing: do they already know it?

Thats the question? If they already know it, thats great, makes sense, points for super for explaining things.




If Champa teaches them from the stands, it might look dumber than if Goku taught them himself.

User avatar
hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by hardcorefakes » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:06 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
TysonWine wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Hopefully once they're done sparring with Goku they'll take notice of Frieza and wipe him out to repay what he did to Cabba.
"Hopefully"? Frieza has been a delight this arc and the worst most embarrassing elimination he could have is to be eliminated by not just Saiyans but those Saiyans. Just the thought is unnerving.
Exactly why I want it.
"Lets have an infinitely more interesting character be shafted by two bland drones! Wouldn't that be funny guys?" :crazy:

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
I Live Here
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:11 am

hardcorefakes wrote:"Lets have an infinitely more interesting character be shafted by two bland drones! Wouldn't that be funny guys?" :crazy:
If it meant watching his sudden sycophants wail after having their new revenge toy taken away? I'd take two or three episodes of pure Frieza humiliation. Fandom spite works both ways. :wink:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7936
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:18 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:"Lets have an infinitely more interesting character be shafted by two bland drones! Wouldn't that be funny guys?" :crazy:
If it meant watching his sudden sycophants wail after having their new revenge toy taken away? I'd take two or three episodes of pure Frieza humiliation. Fandom spite works both ways. :wink:
Pretty much, especially since I don't see Cali and Kale as 'two bland drones'. Funny how opinions work.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
Torturephile
Regular
Posts: 571
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Torturephile » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:31 am

HeroR wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:"Lets have an infinitely more interesting character be shafted by two bland drones! Wouldn't that be funny guys?" :crazy:
If it meant watching his sudden sycophants wail after having their new revenge toy taken away? I'd take two or three episodes of pure Frieza humiliation. Fandom spite works both ways. :wink:
Pretty much, especially since I don't see Cali and Kale as 'two bland drones'. Funny how opinions work.
They're not "two bland drones" but they annoy me. Freeza in this arc has been an apology letter to how his F saga was handled I don't want him going away, specially by these girls if unfused. If I still liked Caulifla like I did in her first few appearances then I wouldn't have minded.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

User avatar
namekiansaiyan
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 4355
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:37 am

HeroR wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
hardcorefakes wrote:"Lets have an infinitely more interesting character be shafted by two bland drones! Wouldn't that be funny guys?" :crazy:
If it meant watching his sudden sycophants wail after having their new revenge toy taken away? I'd take two or three episodes of pure Frieza humiliation. Fandom spite works both ways. :wink:
Pretty much, especially since I don't see Cali and Kale as 'two bland drones'. Funny how opinions work.
Saiyans need to be tortured by Frieza. :twisted:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7936
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:41 am

Torturephile wrote: They're not "two bland drones" but they annoy me. Freeza in this arc has been an apology letter to how his F saga was handled I don't want him going away, specially by these girls if unfused. If I still liked Caulifla like I did in her first few appearances then I wouldn't have minded.
I personally liked Freeza in Resurrection 'F', especially the retelling, so I didn't need an apology. And him getting his ass kicked by two females Saiyans that he tried to tortured would be delightful karma and prove once again that Freeza never really learns from his mistakes.
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Saiyans need to be tortured by Frieza. :twisted:
Followed by the Namekains so Freeza can see how many arms he can rip off.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
I Live Here
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:09 pm

As for the fusion, I hope it's an all-new technique and not just the Metamoran Fusion Dance we're so familiar with. A Universe is a vast place so there should be plenty of other ways to fuse out there. This would be a great chance to expand the lore of the series instead of remaining shackled to what happened in Z.

User avatar
Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5739
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Nagano
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Cipher » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:36 pm

I hope both Kafla and Freeza make it to the final ten or so/whoever is left for the climax.

So there.

User avatar
YonedgeHP
Regular
Posts: 661
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 12:36 pm
Location: Barcelona, Catalonia (Kingdom of Spain)
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by YonedgeHP » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:41 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:As for the fusion, I hope it's an all-new technique and not just the Metamoran Fusion Dance we're so familiar with. A Universe is a vast place so there should be plenty of other ways to fuse out there. This would be a great chance to expand the lore of the series instead of remaining shackled to what happened in Z.
Same, I want more variety of techniques in the DBS' lore, especially since Dragon Ball Fusions came out.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

User avatar
Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 461
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 9:35 am
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Big Black Sayian » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:44 pm

Cipher wrote:I hope both Kafla and Freeza make it to the final ten or so/whoever is left for the climax.

So there.
Man were spending like 3 episodes on Caulifla/Kale vs Goku part kinda hopes they go out or atleast other fighters are being eliminated during this.

User avatar
Lord Frieza
I Live Here
Posts: 3791
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:49 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Well we know Zen-Oh's let items slide befor as long as their not weapons or healing items. Maybe Champa will force Fuwa to throw his earrings to them.
Looks like my suggestion may have been right.

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
I Live Here
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:57 pm

Big Black Saiyan wrote:
Cipher wrote:I hope both Kafla and Freeza make it to the final ten or so/whoever is left for the climax.

So there.
Man were spending like 3 episodes on Caulifla/Kale vs Goku part kinda hopes they go out or atleast other fighters are being eliminated during this.
Maybe Saonel and Pirina will finally get rid of Gohan or Vegeta will get rid of Toppo or Dyspo? I feel like the purpose of these episodes is to get Goku back in fighting shape and maybe set Kefla/Kafla up as one of the end-game players.

User avatar
namekiansaiyan
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 4355
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:17 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Big Black Saiyan wrote:
Cipher wrote:I hope both Kafla and Freeza make it to the final ten or so/whoever is left for the climax.

So there.
Man were spending like 3 episodes on Caulifla/Kale vs Goku part kinda hopes they go out or atleast other fighters are being eliminated during this.
Maybe Saonel and Pirina will finally get rid of Gohan or Vegeta will get rid of Toppo or Dyspo? I feel like the purpose of these episodes is to get Goku back in fighting shape and maybe set Kefla/Kafla up as one of the end-game players.
I think Toppo vs Vegeta along with Saonel and Pilina vs Piccolo and Gohan are fights that are going to be happening for a long time since they have not been mentioned at all in any previews for the episodes. I think we will keep getting little scenes for these 2 battles to keep us entertained and to remind us there are other things going on apart from Goku vs Kale and Caulifla.

I would say the best chance for eliminations is the Universe 6 Robots with Caulifa and Kale at the end of episode 115. The fusion seems like it is being used to get Goku back to full strength.

The problem with Kafla is that if the fusion holds and she is really strong as predicted then Jiren will most likely get up and sort her out. What I am saying is that if they defuse then Frieza will be after them and if they don't Jiren will be.

Post Reply