"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:15 pm

Big Chief wrote:I wonder what the deal with Shantsa is. There has to be a reason why this small blue creature has made it this far.
Isn't clear? Because he didn't met any U7 warrior yet :P
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:25 pm

Deleted on request.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:54 pm

I just hope the fight between u6 nameks and piccolo and gohan be good and entertaining given u6 is done next week I hope the battle will be good

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:33 pm

Noah wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:Thinking about it, the character that could probably most easily learn and master ultra instinct is Uub. He's so adept at learning, he learns to fight as he fights Goku. And we all know the original Buu had the uncanny ability to immediately master any move or technique after seeing it once.

All of a sudden, Goku wanting to meet and fight Uub makes sense again.
No, it doesn't. Why would Goku care about boy that is at least Kid Boo-tier when he had met God Of Destructions, Angels, strong guys from other universes and the Grand Priest that are worlds and worlds above that level? It doesn't make a f***** sense and before you say: "Oh but he wants Oob because of his potential, remember Freeza, 4 months..."

And why would Goku also waste his time training him to reach his level when he could spar with characters from other universes (if they were restaured after this arc) that are far stronger than Oob?
Even now, Goku doesn't seem to be interested in fighting angels. He seems to accept that they're at an unreachable peak. If he actually manages to beat Jiren, then he might want a rematch with Beerus.

Besides GoD, what other strong guys are there really? He seems to have lost interest in Hit, who, taking away the time skip, isn't really in Goku's level anymore. The U6 saiyans are not at his level either. It's just Toppo and Jiren.

Goku is more interested in Uub's potential, based on what he saw from Kid Buu, than his present strength. Like I mentioned, Kid Buu could instantly learn as he fought. He had genius level fighting skills, but he was far too mentally unstable to benefit from them the way someone like Uub can. If Uub is capable of easily mastering ultra instinct and later on inheriting Kid Buu's crazy majin abilities, that could make him a force beyond any GoD.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:56 am

Noah wrote:
Big Chief wrote:I wonder what the deal with Shantsa is. There has to be a reason why this small blue creature has made it this far.
Exactly this.

He hasn't faced anyone relevant yet.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:41 am

I have a feeling Universes destroyed can't be brought back, which leads to Goku being not the most happy person until he meets uub, as he blames himself for that, the toie "villain" Goku has to lead to something right, no way they just introduced it for shits and giggles and left it alone just like that..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:55 am

Ki Breaker wrote:I have a feeling Universes destroyed can't be brought back, which leads to Goku being not the most happy person until he meets uub, as he blames himself for that, the toie "villain" Goku has to lead to something right, no way they just introduced it for shits and giggles and left it alone just like that..
Back to back arcs, where multiple universes are destroyed and remain so?
That would be a huge shock to me and I really doubt that would be the case.
Saving Gowasu only to have him killed anyways immediately afterwards and not being that different from Zamas' final solution for humankind is just so ridiculous, that surely it's not going to end up like that :lol:
I certainly hope so!

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:22 am

hardcorefakes wrote:
Noah wrote:
Exactly this.

He hasn't faced anyone relevant yet.
When Shantsa will face someone relevant, it will be that someone who will be going down :lol:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:46 am

Xeogran wrote: When Shantsa will face someone relevant, it will be that someone who will be going down :lol:
What if maji kayo vs Shantsa :o
dbgtFO wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:I have a feeling Universes destroyed can't be brought back, which leads to Goku being not the most happy person until he meets uub, as he blames himself for that, the toie "villain" Goku has to lead to something right, no way they just introduced it for shits and giggles and left it alone just like that..
Back to back arcs, where multiple universes are destroyed and remain so?
That would be a huge shock to me and I really doubt that would be the case.
Saving Gowasu only to have him killed anyways immediately afterwards and not being that different from Zamas' final solution for humankind is just so ridiculous, that surely it's not going to end up like that :lol:
I certainly hope so!
I have quite the opposite desires for this, I want Toriyama to go full ham like he did with Trunks and do establish irreparable damage being a possibility in Dragonball once and for all, even for the present where Dragonballs are active and kicking!
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:00 am

Ki Breaker wrote:What if maji kayo vs Shantsa :o
Do I really have to pick between my two favorite newcomers from this Tournament? :(

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:03 am

Xeogran wrote:
Do I really have to pick between my two favorite newcomers from this Tournament? :(
You sure love irrelevant fodder that do nothing.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:12 am

Whatever wrote:
Xeogran wrote:
Maji Kayo is stronger than Dyspo and I see people overestimating the other regardless :evil:

Shantsa is still on the Tournament, so his role cannot be judged as of yet.

Big Chief
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Chief » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:18 am

Whatever wrote:
Xeogran wrote:
There's nothing wrong with loving irrelevant fodder. Katopesla and Vikal are among my favorite new characters this arc and they are irrelevant fodder :D
Some know me as GigglesMcFiggles.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:25 am

Xeogran wrote:
Whatever wrote:
Xeogran wrote:
Maji Kayo is stronger than Dyspo and I see people overestimating the other regardless :evil:

proof of this statement? Because Dyspo getting hit with a bullshit trick doesnt mean superior raw power
Dyspo didnt even do his light speed punch thing

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:31 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Xeogran wrote:
Whatever wrote: You sure love irrelevant fodder that do nothing.

proof of this statement? Because Dyspo getting hit with a bullshit trick doesnt mean superior raw power
Dyspo didnt even do his light speed punch thing
Dyspo couldn't get off Maji's grip until he got distracted by Jiren stepping in. Also, tricks are a part of a battle. It was Maji's strategy, and it was successful.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:08 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:Even now, Goku doesn't seem to be interested in fighting angels. He seems to accept that they're at an unreachable peak. If he actually manages to beat Jiren, then he might want a rematch with Beerus.

Besides GoD, what other strong guys are there really? He seems to have lost interest in Hit, who, taking away the time skip, isn't really in Goku's level anymore. The U6 saiyans are not at his level either. It's just Toppo and Jiren.

Goku is more interested in Uub's potential, based on what he saw from Kid Buu, than his present strength. Like I mentioned, Kid Buu could instantly learn as he fought. He had genius level fighting skills, but he was far too mentally unstable to benefit from them the way someone like Uub can. If Uub is capable of easily mastering ultra instinct and later on inheriting Kid Buu's crazy majin abilities, that could make him a force beyond any GoD.
Sorry, but these (bold) are nothing but assumptions of your part. Nothing ever indicated that Goku accepted that he can't surpass the Angels, even Vegeta said someday he would surpass Whis and Vados, why Goku wouldn't share the same desire? The same could be said he have lost interest in Hit, Goku may have surpassed him in raw strength, but he still wanted to fight him in tournament despite knowing Hit couldn't use his full abillities.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:17 am

https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/935077502174629889

There will be a Q&A with Toriyama in the Saikyo Jump January 2018 issue, along with a "Saiyan Super Strongest" comic, which will contain infos about Saiyans and their power-ups, but only for the "Z" portion (so no Super).

I'm very interested in Toriyama's interview, I hope he will share something interesting and that he will also talk about Super.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 am

Next week we get the next batch of spoilers and a 1 week later Jump Festa stuff.

For Jump Festa, Hope they announce a new arc and its Planet Sadala or U6 Adventures

You could have 2 groups to focus

Group 1:
Goku, Vegeta and the U6 Saiyan kids

Group 2:
Gohan,Piccolo, Saonel and Pirina.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:27 am

At Jump Festa, they will probably just announce that Super is indeed continuing, and that Toriyama has written its next arc. They will probably also the date when the next arc will begin, but I doubt they will spoil what it will be about, considering the ToP won't be over yet by the 16th of December.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:29 am

emperior wrote:At Jump Festa, they will probably just announce that Super is indeed continuing, and that Toriyama has written its next arc. They will probably also the date when the next arc will begin, but I doubt they will spoil what it will be about, considering the ToP won't be over yet by the 16th of December.
Anytime they announce an arc we get a poster for it so hopefully that won't change here. They said to "wait for an announcment" for a new movie so hopefully that gets brought up as well.
emperior wrote:https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/935077502174629889

There will be a Q&A with Toriyama which will contain info about Saiyans and their power-ups, but only for the "Z" portion (so no Super).

I'm very interested in Toriyama's interview, I hope he will share something interesting and that he will also talk about Super.
Hopefully someone asks him about wheather or not Vegeta can use Ssj3.
Last edited by sintzu on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.