"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:21 am

omaro34 wrote: The spoilers have mislead us before. I hope he takes out some universe four fighters before going down.
I wouldn't be shocked. Even Tien took down the person who ringed him out.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:27 am

PushoverMediaCritic wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
PushoverMediaCritic wrote:
That isn't what actually happened. To the normal eye it looks like Goku scared Krillin off the stage. But what really happened was that Goku punched Krillin several times and kicked him off the stage so quickly that no one but Tien saw it.
Why Piccolo? Why not 17 or 18 or Gohan? Why does the fighter with the least amount of fighting time get kicked off first.
Because 17 and 18 have a story to be told with the Robot universe and Gohan's going to win the whole tournament, according to the extended intro's lyrics.
If that is the case then Piccolo should get to take out Shantsa and the Bugs.
perucho1990 wrote:But all jokes aside its kinda sad that overall Piccolo had less screen time than the Saiyan Girls, for some old school fans thats a big kick to the nuts.
It won't end though it will continue with every arc and especially when the next tournament comes he will be chosen and he will get the same treatment as the 2 previous tournaments.
HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Why Piccolo? Why not 17 or 18 or Gohan? Why does the fighter with the least amount of fighting time get kicked off first.
Time-wise, Piccolo actually got more than the androids.

17 and 18 disappeared from Episodes 103-115. They only had a small cameo in 109-110 and didn't fight. Piccolo, however, had a role in 103, 106, and then fought the U6 Namekians from 111-118 with a small break taken in 115.
He got 15 second sections apart from episode 118 and episode 106 which was him just dodging attacks.

18 teamed up with krillin in episode 99 and 17 in episode 117 and she also had 2 sections with Goku and will also get episodes 119, 120 and 121 at least.

17 is the same apart from the team up with Krillin but he also had episode 102 and some of episode 103. They also didn't have to share their episode like Piccolo did with then 2 and Goku.

They have already had more and will get even more and it is completely wrong. The only consolation they can give Piccolo is giving him the main fight and wins in episode 119.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:30 am

I can see Piccolo defeating Shantsa but either Goku or 17 will get rid of the Bugs imo.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:34 am

perucho1990 wrote:I can see Piccolo defeating Shantsa but either Goku or 17 will get rid of the Bugs imo.
That is just wrong then. 17 can have the Robots and Goku has Jiren.

Roshi, Krillin and Tien had major roles in the episode they were knocked out so Piccolo should get the same.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:43 am

Jigurashi wrote:
Artorias wrote:Figured this would be a decent place to post this. Here's how I see the ending of this tournament playing out:

-Androids are eliminated in 121.
-Rest of U7 defeats the robots and eliminates U3.
-Vegeta loses to Jiren.
-This leaves us with a 3 v 3 finale with Goku, Gohan, and Freeza each taking on a Pride Trooper. Goku fights Jiren, Gohan takes on Toppo, Freeza goes against Dyspo.
-Freeza and Gohan win their fights
-3 v 1 against Jiren
-Jiren eliminates Freeza and Gohan
-Goku v Jiren climax with Goku winning
OR
-Alternatively, Jiren eliminates Freeza, Goku and Jiren KO each other, Gohan last man standing.

I'd be curious to know people's thoughts.
It's interesting and a good prediction. I would prefer Jiren winning over either Goku or Gohan though.
TheOne wrote:
greeZH wrote: I hope not.
Most none Vegeta fans feel that way.

If you’re a fan like I am, you hope it happens. Or at least them hinting that he will get it down eventually.
For me it isn't even about being a fan or not. I simply feel he isn't getting it this saga as nothing implies he is, and all the promotion and the saga itself is clearly foreshadowing to Goku utilizing both aspects of UI. Vegeta will get UI in the future though. That's pretty obvious. I just don't see it happening this saga. He'll probably get it sometime next saga.
If they always foreshadowed everything, it’d ruin the surprise. Let’s just see what happens.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:44 am

kinisking wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Hey Piccolo is out maybe Gohan gets to do his thin-
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
There are other spoilers that says Gohan helps them temporarily beat the u3 guys.
That's good to know, here I was losing all hope
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:46 am

Predictions:

Piccolo and Gohan vs Shantsa happens in beginning of episode 119, double masenko on Shanta by Piccolo and Gohan, Shantsa is gone, then the Bugs catch Piccolo offguard to eliminate him, before heading to commercial break.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:50 am

perucho1990 wrote:Predictions:

Piccolo and Gohan vs Shantsa happens in beginning of episode 119, double masenko on Shanta by Piccolo and Gohan, Shantsa is gone, then the Bugs catch Piccolo offguard to eliminate him, before heading to commercial break.
Piccolo will not go out until end of the episode just like Krillin, Roshi and Tien did.

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:54 am

Kataphrut wrote:The reaction to this is depressingly predictable. For the past month or so, the biggest complaint with the tournament was that Universe 7 was doing too well and winning every fight. Now, that infuriating streak is coming to an end and everybody's in an uproar. Guys, if you want the arc to start being tense again, at some point the fanservice band-aid is going to have to come off.

Yes, the wording of that TRANSLATED SCAN sounds bad for Piccolo, but those things have never been the most reliable indicator of what will actually happen. Remember Krillin getting disqualified? The magical girls fusing? Freeza getting mad at Goku for kill-stealing the U2 guys? Maybe Piccolo isn't going to go out in a blaze of glory like Roshi or to a lesser extent Tien. To be honest, I'm fine with that. Giving everyone a dignified, heroic send-off only furthers the issue of U7 being too powerful and devalues the impact of the ones that have already had that treatment. Piccolo really shined last episode and realistically there isn't anywhere left for him to go from here. He can afford to go out next episode, and however it happens, I'm sure it'll be a better than fucking slipping on a banana peel.

As for Vegeta? Eh, he's been poorly handled this entire arc. Two good eps (107 and 112) outweighed by a lot of bad. This fight against Jiren (which should look stunning at the very least) is his last chance to prove himself as something other than an unfortunate joke, but after that I'm happy for him to drop out and let Gohan and Freeza step up as second-protagonists. Vegeta has been second-landing man for most of Super, it would be okay for him to not make it to the end for once and Gohan and Freeza are both far more interesting at this point.

I'm honestly more upset about Katopesla going out. I wanted my cockroach boy to last until the end. At least it looks like it'll be to a Universe 4 character. We need more eliminations from other Universes, especially now 6 is gone.
Finally a reasonable post in a sea of bullshit.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:00 am

Artorias wrote:
Kataphrut wrote:The reaction to this is depressingly predictable. For the past month or so, the biggest complaint with the tournament was that Universe 7 was doing too well and winning every fight. Now, that infuriating streak is coming to an end and everybody's in an uproar. Guys, if you want the arc to start being tense again, at some point the fanservice band-aid is going to have to come off.

Yes, the wording of that TRANSLATED SCAN sounds bad for Piccolo, but those things have never been the most reliable indicator of what will actually happen. Remember Krillin getting disqualified? The magical girls fusing? Freeza getting mad at Goku for kill-stealing the U2 guys? Maybe Piccolo isn't going to go out in a blaze of glory like Roshi or to a lesser extent Tien. To be honest, I'm fine with that. Giving everyone a dignified, heroic send-off only furthers the issue of U7 being too powerful and devalues the impact of the ones that have already had that treatment. Piccolo really shined last episode and realistically there isn't anywhere left for him to go from here. He can afford to go out next episode, and however it happens, I'm sure it'll be a better than fucking slipping on a banana peel.

As for Vegeta? Eh, he's been poorly handled this entire arc. Two good eps (107 and 112) outweighed by a lot of bad. This fight against Jiren (which should look stunning at the very least) is his last chance to prove himself as something other than an unfortunate joke, but after that I'm happy for him to drop out and let Gohan and Freeza step up as second-protagonists. Vegeta has been second-landing man for most of Super, it would be okay for him to not make it to the end for once and Gohan and Freeza are both far more interesting at this point.

I'm honestly more upset about Katopesla going out. I wanted my cockroach boy to last until the end. At least it looks like it'll be to a Universe 4 character. We need more eliminations from other Universes, especially now 6 is gone.
Finally a reasonable post in a sea of bullshit.
This arc went pass the point of it ever being tense a long time ago. Knocking Piccolo out will change nothing if Universe 7 knock out another 3 fighters and another Universe in the same episode.

If you wanted tension then either Goku or Vegeta should have ben eliminated already or characters like Hit, Kefla, Saonel, Pirina, Trio De Dangers should still be in.

Universe 6 should definitely have stayed in.

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:04 am

precita wrote:Toriyama's outline for this arc probably had nothing but Goku Vs Jiren. Every fight is made up by Toei writers, which is why it's handled the way it is
I'm willing to bet this is true. Everyone complaining about "Toriyama this, Toriyama that" is making quite the assumption that he actually planned any of this shit out. His notes for the arc were probably "There's a big tournament between the universes where you get erased if you lose. Here's a bunch of new characters. They all fight and stuff. The final two fighters are Goku and this gray alien man named Jiren. Goku (or Jiren, or X character) wins. Said character wishes everyone back with the DB's. The end. Have fun animators and writers!".

I'd be SHOCKED if his notes were any more detailed than that.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:08 am

Artorias wrote:
precita wrote:Toriyama's outline for this arc probably had nothing but Goku Vs Jiren. Every fight is made up by Toei writers, which is why it's handled the way it is
I'm willing to bet this is true. Everyone complaining about "Toriyama this, Toriyama that" is making quite the assumption that he actually planned any of this shit out. His notes for the arc were probably "There's a big tournament between the universes where you get erased if you lose. Here's a bunch of new characters. They all fight and stuff. The final two fighters are Goku and this gray alien man named Jiren. Goku (or Jiren, or X character) wins. Said character wishes everyone back with the DB's. The end. Have fun animators and writers!".

If you look at the manga,toriyama is still involved with this,look at the exhibition same conclusion,different paintjob.
Mostly active on discord.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:10 am

Artorias wrote:

Toyotaro's manga will determine this. It would also fit with the directors being Android fanboys.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:13 am

That's a lot of spoilers. Three sets for the same stuff. I wonder how accurate it all is?
What surprises me is how angry some people seem to be at the mere thought of Vegeta getting UI. (This is not a comment based on this forum.) In a fandom like this, where speculation and theories are completely normal, this isn't something you should be getting mad about. Let people theorise what they want, and let them be proven wrong when the time comes. It's that simple. (Do call them out if they try to pass theories as fact.)
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Glen300

Post by Glen300 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:20 am

There's no way to pinpoint whether something comes from Toriyama, unless he or Toyotaro outright say it. SSB Vegito was a Toyotaro suggestion that appeared in both the Manga and Anime.

Some of these ideas could come from Toyotaro, someone on the Anime staff, or Toriyama. Or they could have come to a collective decision that "A, B, C, D, will happen in the tournament". If something that happens in the Anime also appears in the Manga, doesn't automatically mean Toriyama's idea imo.
Last edited by Glen300 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:22 am

Glen300 wrote:There's no way to pinpoint whether something comes from Toriyama, unless he or Toyotaro outright say it. SSB Vegito was a Toyotaro suggestion that appeared in both the Manga and Anime.

Some of these ideas could come from Toyotaro, someone on the Anime staff, or Toriyama.
If there is a complete difference then it was most likely not in the script. SSB Vegito was still in the script even if the idea came from Toyotaro.

Glen300

Post by Glen300 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:36 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Glen300 wrote:There's no way to pinpoint whether something comes from Toriyama, unless he or Toyotaro outright say it. SSB Vegito was a Toyotaro suggestion that appeared in both the Manga and Anime.

Some of these ideas could come from Toyotaro, someone on the Anime staff, or Toriyama.
If there is a complete difference then it was most likely not in the script. SSB Vegito was still in the script even if the idea came from Toyotaro.
I understand what you're saying now. I misread your initial post.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:44 am

Ya know what I'm not as salty as I was last night. For one thing the spoilers aren't always accurate so things like Piccolo falling out probably isn't exactly what will happen. I'm still a tad dissapointed with U4 but I guess I wouldn't call them a total waste since they do take out Piccolo, who was one of the more important characters in this arc. Also good on U3 for lasting this long and giving U7 a proper fight after their not so great treatment this tournament. Also wow man 18 is getting the royal treatment like Roshi, took out two pride troopers, took out a U9 member offscreen, took out Ribrianne, survives the bug duo. Like man I thought her leg injury spelt doom for her but she just keeps on trucking on, I'll be really impressed if she survives U3.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:46 am

greeZH wrote:
TheOne wrote:
greeZH wrote: I hope not.
Most none Vegeta fans feel that way.

If you’re a fan like I am, you hope it happens. Or at least them hinting that he will get it down eventually.
It's more that I don't want that UI get's achieved too easily. I don't want Goku to master it either.
I would dig it though if Freeza would get UI. :mrgreen:
I see Frieza mastering it soon. They’ve gone out of their way to show him observing/analyzing Goku do it every time.

If only a couple people get it, it’s still pretty exclusive. Goku has had an exclusive transformation for awhile now. I was never down with Vegeta learning it since it was one of Gokus trademarks. However, this is something that’s possible for both of them to learn. So needless to say I would like for him to learn within a decent amount of time.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:49 am

Alruneia wrote:That's a lot of spoilers. Three sets for the same stuff. I wonder how accurate it all is?
What surprises me is how angry some people seem to be at the mere thought of Vegeta getting UI. (This is not a comment based on this forum.) In a fandom like this, where speculation and theories are completely normal, this isn't something you should be getting mad about. Let people theorise what they want, and let them be proven wrong when the time comes. It's that simple. (Do call them out if they try to pass theories as fact.)
I too was surprised at the amount of people upset about the thought of Vegeta getting UI :wtf:

It’s not an exclusive technique for Goku, so why throw fits?