"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:15 am

Hawk9211 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
HeroR wrote:Just got this from Herms. Spoilers for the coming episodes:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
So:
123 -Tomioka
124 - Fukushima
125 - Yamaguchi
126 - other new writer who's name I haven't memorized yet (Ayumu?)

Toshio, where are you?
Fukushima,yamaguchi?God save us all.
Yamaguchi wrote 109, 114, and 118 that fans general liked to loved. So I'm not sure why 'God save us all' applies to him. Fukushima is hit or miss.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:19 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:Freeza's trying the same trick yet again? Hope Dyspo keeps destroying him.
Freeza is not even golden

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:22 am

I think what 126 is talking about is that Vegeta is going to find some way to surpass the destroyers but in doing so he puts his life on the line due to his body not being trained enough to take in that kind of power and his attack is what gives Goku the opening he needs to defeat Jiren. These episodes are beyond what I thought Vegeta would get based on how little marketing he's gotten but I guess that's a reason to not look too much into it in the future.
Kishido wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:Freeza's trying the same trick yet again? Hope Dyspo keeps destroying him.
Freeza is not even golden
I wouldn't be surprised if it's a trick like what he did with Frost to get him to lower his gaurd to knock him out. Then again, Freeza give 0 shits about U7 so I wouldn't be surprised if he goes through with it either as 7 probably can't win without him.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:32 am

With Vegeta getting a power up and Toppo going full throttle,it seems more likely to me that Gohan and 17 are gonna lose to Toppo,so Vegeta faces him.
Also Freeza is a team player,he would not betray his team,i doubt he trusts U11 to keep their promise of reviving him.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:41 am

Vegeta getting so much focus this early is a red flag. Not counting Goku, whenever a character gets a ton of focus they don't last too much longer in the tournament.

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:49 am

precita wrote:Vegeta getting so much focus this early is a red flag. Not counting Goku, whenever a character gets a ton of focus they don't last too much longer in the tournament.
I think he will be needed against Jiren. He's making it to the end. Goku and Vegeta are going to get their power-ups to fight Jiren and possibly Toppo once he releases his GoD power, unless True Golden Frieza fights him. UI Goku won't be enough to take down Jiren solo IMO.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:51 am

precita wrote:Vegeta getting so much focus this early is a red flag.
I think there's a good chance he'll leave during 126 but that's just 3-4 episodes before the tournament ends, not exactly "early". 122-126 (at least) is 5 episodes of him being front and center with Goku against the main villain (and maybe Toppo) as one of the last 8 or less fighters. That's extremely good and every fan of his should be celebrating it.

I would've liked to see him more active in the previous 30 episodes but this seems to be making up for that.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:09 am

the true final fight will be

SHIN VS KHAI

Shin won’t allow any other insult and slap his shit

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:23 am

precita wrote:Vegeta getting so much focus this early is a red flag. Not counting Goku, whenever a character gets a ton of focus they don't last too much longer in the tournament.
By the time he's out this arc will almost be over....

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:03 am

Vegeta is confirmed to fight Jiren for at least 2 episodes and he's still there in 126, gonna fight Toppo and do something pretty big, though it'll results in his own elimination too probably. I feel bad for his haters now.

And people who argued when I said he'll perform better than Hit should accept that fact now.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:19 am

The only thing Vegeta is getting is a slap across the face, his Powerup beyond blue isn't enough to defeat Jiren and I say this with certainty..

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
hopefully it doesn't come down to Vegeta and Goku working together to beat Jiren like that's such a rare sight or something, a one on one with Jiren is what would be the best fight, the stakes will be high as well because whoever gets ringed out dies instantly, and whoever it is fighting Jiren by themselves good luck with ringing him out
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:36 am

Ki Breaker wrote:The only thing Vegeta is getting is a slap across the face, his Powerup beyond blue isn't enough to defeat Jiren and I say this with certainty..

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
hopefully it doesn't come down to Vegeta and Goku working together to beat Jiren like that's such a rare sight or something, a one on one with Jiren is what would be the best fight, the stakes will be high as well because whoever gets ringed out dies instantly, and whoever it is fighting Jiren by themselves good luck with ringing him out
I don't think there is any Vegeta fan who expects Vegeta to seriously defeat Jiren or something. Trashing Vegeta after everything he'll do just because he "lost" is a desperate attemp from the haters tbh. He already did more than Hit. I don't personally like to use the term "hater" but it's pretty obvious here. It's laughable because I didn't see this kind of argument used on anyone besides Vegeta and maybe Hit.

In the end, it's a fact that he did more than what anyone expected him to do at the start of this arc ONLY in this single episode and there's more to come.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:54 am

OverHeaven wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:The only thing Vegeta is getting is a slap across the face, his Powerup beyond blue isn't enough to defeat Jiren and I say this with certainty..

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I don't think there is any Vegeta fan who expects Vegeta to seriously defeat Jiren or something. Trashing Vegeta after everything he'll do just because he "lost" is a desperate attemp from the haters tbh. He already did more than Hit. I don't personally like to use the term "hater" but it's pretty obvious here. It's laughable because I didn't see this kind of argument used on anyone besides Vegeta and maybe Hit.

In the end, it's a fact that he did more than what anyone expected him to do at the start of this arc ONLY in this single episode and there's more to come.
He got 2 hits in.........and You are absolutely right.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:28 am

OverHeaven wrote:Vegeta is confirmed to fight Jiren for at least 2 episodes and he's still there in 126, gonna fight Toppo and do something pretty big, though it'll results in his own elimination too probably. I feel bad for his haters now.

And people who argued when I said he'll perform better than Hit should accept that fact now.
They said he'd lose against cabba back in champa's arc, he was done after black stabbed him & that he'd do little to nothing here and be knocked out early by ribrianne.

They should just stop cause each time they rule him out he gets something bigger and better than before.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:32 am

OverHeaven wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Who's hating?
All I said is he won't defeat Jiren with his powerup and then said hopefully it's not a team attempt at beating Jiren either..

He is getting slapped in the face and so is anyone who fights Jiren..
This ain't hate, it's called reality and it's better..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:37 am

Totamo wrote:
OverHeaven wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

He got 2 hits in.........and You are absolutely right.
Not only that, him lasting more than one episode against Jiren without getting eliminated is also something most people didn't expect. 4 more episodes confirmed and he'll fight Toppo as well. He'll greatly help Goku, not that type of treatment he got against Hit in universe 6 arc.

Pretty sure the majority including me initially thought that he'll get humiliated so badly without landing a single decent hit just to hype Jiren more or something. Like the Hit treatment.

Now it's pretty obvious that some people will keep trashing Vegeta and using that jobbing word - literally no matter how many impressive things he'll do - as long as he loses to Jire at the end, which is a given anyway. I'm not even that much of a Vegeta fan but this is laughable.
Who's hating?
All I said is he won't defeat Jiren with his powerup and then said hopefully it's not a team attempt at beating Jiren either..
I said that mostly because the picture you posted + the tone of your postd sounded like just an attemp to trash Vegeta. Sorry if I misunderstood you.

Most of my post is general talking tho based on the comments that I've seen. I don't mean anyone directly

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:45 am

sintzu wrote:
I think there's a good chance he'll leave during 126 but that's just 3-4 episodes before the tournament ends, not exactly "early". 122-126 (at least) is 5 episodes of him being front and center with Goku against the main villain (and maybe Toppo) as one of the last 8 or less fighters. That's extremely good and every fan of his should be celebrating it.

I would've liked to see him more active in the previous 30 episodes but this seems to be making up for that.
This or there's huge possibility that they wanna compensate Vegeta's lack of screentime and spotlight in this arc. He wasn't even involved in the recruitment episodes and in the TOP his feats weren't impressive at all.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:49 am

That's because unlike everyone else (except Freeza? I don't remember), Vegeta hadn't got an episode dedicated to him so far. He's getting it now, and since he's the deuteragonist of the series, obviously one episode wouldn't be enough and obviously he wouldn't be a goner now. It's time for him to shine in this saga.

Who knows?

Last edited by Grimlock on Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:53 am

Where was it said that Vegeta will figt Toppo again?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:54 am

Mercenary wrote:
sintzu wrote:

This or there's huge possibility that they wanna compensate Vegeta's lack of screentime and spotlight in this arc. He wasn't even involved in the recruitment episodes and in the TOP his feats weren't impressive at all.
Him not doing much at the start makes sense based on what we know now cause with him being heavily focused on at the end there's no need to take away screen time from the others who werent going to make it this far.