"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:25 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Toppo is also playing with Gohan and 17 together, and even then neither of them even have a chance against him (and according to some users, they are Blue level).

I know what it means to rival ... and it does not matter here, it was never stipulated that Gohan rivaled with Goku Blue, conveniently (for some people), while the narrator was talking about it, appeared the fight scene between him and Goku SSB.
But this may simply refer to Goku SSJ2.

Why use the argument of one of the writers here? Was he making it clear that it was just his personal opinion? Even Kale (less than a tired SSG) has already resisted a Kamehameha from a contained Goku SSB, it does not make sense to use as arguments arguments in which Goku did not use Blue's full power, this varies greatly.

And use the word you want, the point is that Vegeta needs more, after all, he did not do anything very relevant in this tournament. What is expected of a character so prominent as Vegeta is to defeat Toppo
Mercenary wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: Certainly a battle not worth watching

Such a waste of Vegeta's potential....
We know how TOEI acts in DBS, Vegeta is usually humiliated to exalt Goku.
So overcoming Toppo and getting a new transformation is something surprising, but I do not think we should expect him to defeat Jiren or anything like that.
Given that Goku was reading to used Blue Kaioken for Toppo, I guess he is playing. And it isn't 'according to some users, they are Blue level', the narrator and even one of the writers told us they're Blue level. Again, Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan has a huge power range.

It does matter her since the narrator for 91 outright told us that Gohan now has power that rivals Goku's and we saw scene of Gohan fighting Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku, not Super Saiyan 2 Goku. Which wouldn't make sense anywhere since why would the narrator even says that Gohan rivals Goku if they were talking about Super Saiyan 2 of all things. This really is downplaying at this point.

Because he's one of the writers of the show. And Kale wasn't less than a tired Super Saiyan God Goku. She was fighting evenly with him and Goku tried to ring her out by destroying the stage, not hitting her personally.

Vegeta doesn't need anything. He's a fiction character, no a real person with thoughts and feelings. They're not real and I'm sure why people used the word 'deserved' for anyone. Like I don't think Gohan 'deserved' a lot of things, but I'm not the one writing the story.
Last edited by HeroR on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:28 pm

Jigurashi wrote: No disrespect but there's nothing to prove since he's been second fiddle for the bulk of Super and the series in general.
I know. I personally think it's stupid that some feel that Vegeta has to beat Jiren. Just like some Gohan fans feel he has to beat Toppo, otherwise he's worthless.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:33 pm

Mercenary wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Vegeta isnt going to acmplish anything against jiren, but he certainly will show toppo who is the king of second fiddle.
Certainly a battle not worth watching

Why is it a waste? Toppo is one of the strongest beings so far in super. Vegetas potential wont be able to currently handle someone above a G.o.D

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:47 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:What is expected of a character so prominent as Vegeta is to defeat Toppo.
Freeze is taking Dyspo while Toppo will take down Gohan and 17 so with Freeza taking down one of u11 big 3 while Toppo takes out Gohan and 17 then the logical thing would be for Vegeta to take out Toppo as Freeza won't be given 2 big wins nor will Toppo be given 3 and vegeta will have to get something cause he's in u7 top 2.
Last edited by sintzu on Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:47 pm

HeroR wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Toppo is also playing with Gohan and 17 together, and even then neither of them even have a chance against him (and according to some users, they are Blue level).

I know what it means to rival ... and it does not matter here, it was never stipulated that Gohan rivaled with Goku Blue, conveniently (for some people), while the narrator was talking about it, appeared the fight scene between him and Goku SSB.
But this may simply refer to Goku SSJ2.

Why use the argument of one of the writers here? Was he making it clear that it was just his personal opinion? Even Kale (less than a tired SSG) has already resisted a Kamehameha from a contained Goku SSB, it does not make sense to use as arguments arguments in which Goku did not use Blue's full power, this varies greatly.

And use the word you want, the point is that Vegeta needs more, after all, he did not do anything very relevant in this tournament. What is expected of a character so prominent as Vegeta is to defeat Toppo
Mercenary wrote:

We know how TOEI acts in DBS, Vegeta is usually humiliated to exalt Goku.
So overcoming Toppo and getting a new transformation is something surprising, but I do not think we should expect him to defeat Jiren or anything like that.
Given that Goku was reading to used Blue Kaioken for Toppo, I guess he is playing. And it isn't 'according to some users, they are Blue level', the narrator and even one of the writers told us they're Blue level. Again, Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan has a huge power range.

It does matter her since the narrator for 91 outright told us that Gohan now has power that rivals Goku's and we saw scene of Gohan fighting Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku, not Super Saiyan 2 Goku. Which wouldn't make sense anywhere since why would the narrator even says that Gohan rivals Goku if they were talking about Super Saiyan 2 of all things. This really is downplaying at this point.

Because he's one of the writers of the show. And Kale wasn't less than a tired Super Saiyan God Goku. She was fighting evenly with him and Goku tried to ring her out by destroying the stage, not hitting her personally.

Vegeta doesn't need anything. He's a fiction character, no a real person with thoughts and feelings. He can dropped dead for all I care along with most of the cast. They're not real and I'm sure why people used the word 'deserved' for anyone. Like I don't think Gohan 'deserved' a lot of things, but I'm not the one writing the story.
To say that '' Gohan has a power that rivals that of Goku '' is something very vague, and it makes no sense to conveniently define this refers to SSB based on the recap of the episode that just shows Gohan briefly facing SSB Goku.

Anyway, we have seen that Gohan is not even able to scratch someone of Blue level, like Toppo.
Even if you think Gohan is SSB RoF level or something, it would not make sense. Unless you also think there is an abysmal power difference between SSB (RoF) and a contained SSB (ToP)

Kale only traded a few shots with Goku SSG, but Goku was clearly ahead. A single Ki Blast from him, forced Kale to make a great effort only to deflect him. While Goku was not even scratched by her attacks, Kale clearly felt pain (even not getting scratched)

And you understood what I meant about '' Vegeta needs more. '' No need to complicate matters
HeroR wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: No disrespect but there's nothing to prove since he's been second fiddle for the bulk of Super and the series in general.
I know. I personally think it's stupid that some feel that Vegeta has to beat Jiren. Just like some Gohan fans feel he has to beat Toppo, otherwise he's worthless.
As a fan of Vegeta, I would be pleased if he defeated Toppo. I know Vegeta will not defeat Jiren, so fighting the second strongest, who apparently will have a great power up is enough. I also enjoyed getting his own transformation, not just following in Goku's footsteps.

But for me it's clear that Toyotaro '' treats '' Vegeta much better than TOEI

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:51 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
He'll most likely get a lot more important fights in the tournament once the manga gets there like a rematch with Cabba.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:05 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
To say that '' Gohan has a power that rivals that of Goku '' is something very vague, and it makes no sense to conveniently define this refers to SSB based on the recap of the episode that just shows Gohan briefly facing SSB Goku.

Anyway, we have seen that Gohan is not even able to scratch someone of Blue level, like Toppo.
Even if you think Gohan is SSB RoF level or something, it would not make sense. Unless you also think there is an abysmal power difference between SSB (RoF) and a contained SSB (ToP)

Kale only traded a few shots with Goku SSG, but Goku was clearly ahead. A single Ki Blast from him, forced Kale to make a great effort only to deflect him. While Goku was not even scratched by her attacks, Kale clearly felt pain (even not getting scratched)

And you understood what I meant about '' Vegeta needs more. '' No need to complicate matters
HeroR wrote:
As a fan of Vegeta, I would be pleased if he defeated Toppo. I know Vegeta will not defeat Jiren, so fighting the second strongest, who apparently will have a great power up is enough. I also enjoyed getting his own transformation, not just following in Goku's footsteps.

Vague, but when they say rival nothing says they are talking about only Super Saiyan 2 Goku, who Gohan was edging out near the end. And the recap is still the narrator who is telling the audience what happened. It's like denying that narrator they said that Beerus and Super Saiyan God Goku nearly destroyed the universe.

Toppo has shown at best to be even with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku who was ready to used the Kaioken. So Gohan and 17 being weaker than Toppo doesn't say that they're not 'god level'. Only that they're weaker than a full powered Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku, which most of us figured. And the levels of Resurrection 'F' has been left in the dust arcs ago, so why would I compared Gohan to that instead of current Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku?

Vegeta doesn't need anything, which is my point. So the 'he needs it more' is bunk.
Kanassa wrote:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:45 pm

HeroR wrote:-
Forget Jiren. Vegeta Azul is gonna take down El Hermano. :lol:

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:03 pm

I've never said I want Vegeta to defeat Jiren (I mean, it would be great and nice twist of events but I am not THAT delusional).

However, him contributing to defeat Jiren would be much better than sacrificing himself in order to beat......Toppo....

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:09 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Mercenary wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: Certainly a battle not worth watching

Why is it a waste? Toppo is one of the strongest beings so far in super. Vegetas potential wont be able to currently handle someone above a G.o.D
I personally felt that they should have continued Vegeta's fight with Toppo after Universe 3 was erased. Them going head to head would have been more entertaining because we all knew that Goku would be the one to seriously fight Jiren.

Besides, Toppo's taunt on Vegeta saying he's basically second place just like he is deserves a fight to the bitter end.

Android 17 wasn't mentioned in the spoilers at all, but I hope he goes out with a bang. The Androids in general have done really well in this tournament.

Lastly, I'm waiting for the climax of this arc to begin now. This has been dragging for far too long. I hope they'll be a surprising twist or the introduction of a legit villain after the tournament concludes.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Goten and Trunks get some focus. The writers really left them in the dust.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:33 pm

Mercenary wrote:I've never said I want Vegeta to defeat Jiren (I mean, it would be great and nice twist of events but I am not THAT delusional).

However, him contributing to defeat Jiren would be much better than sacrificing himself in order to beat......Toppo....
See, if Toppo gets a Powerup by Turing in a GoD, Vegeta sacrificing himself to take out a GoD speaks volumes. That makes Vegeta a Legit threat to Beerus.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:35 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Forget Jiren. Vegeta Azul is gonna take down El Hermano. :lol:
Nope. El Hermano is Gohan Blanco level, only Calvo Vegeta could come close to his power.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:39 pm

Professor Freeza wrote:Vegeta sacrificing himself to take out a GoD speaks volumes. That makes Vegeta a Legit threat to Beerus.
That would make him rethink the way he treats him as if he's able to take down someone close to Beerus' level then there's nothing stopping him from putting his eyes on Beerus next.

IndieBooToo
Temporarily Banned

Post by IndieBooToo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:40 pm

Professor Freeza wrote:
Mercenary wrote:I've never said I want Vegeta to defeat Jiren (I mean, it would be great and nice twist of events but I am not THAT delusional).

See, if Toppo gets a Powerup by Turing in a GoD, Vegeta sacrificing himself to take out a GoD speaks volumes. That makes Vegeta a Legit threat to Beerus.

Since we know Vegeta will fail against Toppo with whatever move he'll use, Frieza will likely come in and finish Toppo off and then he maybe goes to help Goku with Jiren. Not sure what will become of Gohan at this point.

IndieBooToo
Temporarily Banned

Post by IndieBooToo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:41 pm

sintzu wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:Vegeta sacrificing himself to take out a GoD speaks volumes. That makes Vegeta a Legit threat to Beerus.
That would make him rethink the way he treats him as if he's able to take down someone close to Beerus' level then there's nothing stopping him from putting his eyes on Beerus next.
Then Beerus would hakai Vegeta faster than the speed of light.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:45 pm

IndieBooToo wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:

Lol, there's no way Vegeta will lose to Toppo.
Since we know Vegeta will fail against Toppo with whatever move he'll use, Frieza will likely come in and finish Toppo off and then he maybe goes to help Goku with Jiren. Not sure what will become of Gohan at this point.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:55 pm

That's the question ... we do not know if Vegeta will sacrifice himself against Toppo.

If he used some risky move, but managed to surpass and beat Toppo, it would already be a worthy highlight.

In fact, it does not make much sense for Vegeta to try to sacrifice himself against Toppo. This attack is to literally kill opponents, and he can not do that.
Not to mention that I find it difficult someone die in combat in this tournament

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:12 pm

YamiGoku wrote:I think super is not at its best when talking about power scaling...

but i think the fan base is also too fixed on making every character a number, like goku is like a 10, so vegeta must be an 8, and gohan a 7, etc. I understand the necessity of making sense of how much stronger is one of another, but, we sometimes forget that this is not DBZ, yes is a continuation of DBZ and a DB series, but also is a new different thing, like DBZ had a different approach of power scaling compared to DB .

I think DBS just want you to know how strong "x" character is, but in a more basic (and less fixed on numerical power levels) way.

I dont think Gohan is SSB level, because he just didn't do something on SSB level and also (i think) no one said he is (literally) on the same level.
how gohan isnt blue level?
the narrator outright stated he rivaled ssjb goku
his attack pushed the u3 mecha that stalematted a galick gun and kamehameha from ssjb goku and ssjb vegeta
held his own agaisnt golden freeza where both despite fucking around use enough Power to make everyone think there going all out
Ssjb has a power range don't know why this fanbase can't play connect the dots

Paragon1

Post by Paragon1 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:47 pm

Not long to go now.. hopefully Crunchyroll isnt going to crash this time!

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:51 pm

Noah wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Forget Jiren. Vegeta Azul is gonna take down El Hermano. :lol:
Nope. El Hermano is Gohan Blanco level, only Calvo Vegeta could come close to his power.
Yep, el hermano is one of the top 5 strongest beings in existance.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 20/09b.png