"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:52 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
MisteryOne wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: It's basically powering up to SSJ Grade 2 while you're a SSJB. Doesn't seem that complicated to me. Nothing is ever stated that you couldn't transform on top of SSJB.
I thought Grade 2 was an useless transformation? And why didn't Goku figured this earlier?
3 is the useless one. 2 just drains stamina.
It's still useless when you can try to master the form like they did with Grade 4. I guess it can still work, but not only ot doesn't make sense that Goku didn't use it earlier if that's the case, it would also make this new form a extreme waste of stamin because Blue itself is stated to waste stamina in the anime. If they are coherent with that on the next episodes I would be fine with it, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Vegeta also didn't seem to grow as muscular.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:53 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:He just needs to believe in his Nakama like Vegeta. Then suddenly something will happen. Believe in Piccolo, and his true power will be somehow summoning Piccolo into a shield for him to use again XD
Let's not forget, with Piccolo at his disposal, he could absorb his very being and become the Ultimate Saiyan Slug.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:53 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Freeza9000 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: It's basically powering up to SSJ Grade 2 while you're a SSJB. Doesn't seem that complicated to me. Nothing is ever stated that you couldn't transform on top of SSJB.
And no one has tried this before because?
No one thought you could power up SSJ2 to SSJ3 level strength but Future Trunks pulled it off while Goku and Vegeta never did.
He did in Battle of Gods when Beerus slapped Bulma. In fact, he surpassed it.
Caulifla best girl! :)

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:55 pm

Grimlock wrote:If at the end of the day you come off as being right, then it's just what I said:
Grimlock wrote:Ithen this is just another random power-up Toei/Vegeta pulled out of that asses and we won't have any explanation.
Which is bad, in reality. But since Dragon Ball Super doesn't care to provide any explanation to most of the most important thing they introduce... :roll:
I seriously doubt they will do it, but until the arc is over I will be extremely optimistic and hope they somehow explain a bit more, like I did when Ikari debuted. We know that Toei doesn't care about explanations through...But Ultra Instict made sense, so I still want to hope.

Also, I find it both funny and interesting that Vegeta's motivation is Cabba and not Bra. Can we go to Salad next arc please? Even the characters seem to want it.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:55 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:He did in Battle of Gods when Beerus slapped Bulma. In fact, he surpassed it.
Before this episode, I was joking that Vegeta's new power-up would be "THAT'S MY CABBA!!" It actually was! :lol:

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:56 pm

Jesus Christ, the Vegeta/Cabba dynamic could have been something interesting back in the U6 arc but now AFTER it was wasted, Toei wants to force the end-result down our throats without any of the development? Fuck that garbage. Would have much preferred Vegeta to get his power-up due to his desire to save his family.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:56 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:He did in Battle of Gods when Beerus slapped Bulma. In fact, he surpassed it.
Before this episode, I was joking that Vegeta's new power-up would be "THAT'S MY CABBA!!" It actually was! :lol:
Oh my God. :lol: Although I wish it was "MY BRA!" or "MY FAMILY!"
Last edited by Dragon Ball Gus on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:58 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Freeza9000 wrote: And no one has tried this before because?
No one thought you could power up SSJ2 to SSJ3 level strength but Future Trunks pulled it off while Goku and Vegeta never did.
Vegeta didn't make it a permanent transformation. It was a "rage boost".

ssjprodigy
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjprodigy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:58 pm

when certain youtubers/fan exaggerate the gohan and 17 team up like its the worst mistake ever when it was just a failed plan with no one getting knocked out *Cough* Cough Fornev...

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:59 pm

Soooooo Strengthened Super Saiyan Blue?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:59 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Vegeta didn't make it a permanent transformation. It was a "rage boost".
Do we really know that that's the case? As far as I can recall Vegeta hasn't used SS2 since that happened.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:00 pm

Doctor. wrote:Jesus Christ, the Vegeta/Cabba dynamic could have been something interesting back in the U6 arc but now AFTER it was wasted, Toei wants to force the end-result down our throats without any of the development? Fuck that garbage. Would have much preferred Vegeta to get his power-up due to his desire to save his family.
I think they're saving the whole "Vegeta is fighting for his family" card as a reason for him attaining Ultra Instinct later on.

Maybe?

I personally better think it's better to be saved for a moment like that.
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Vegeta didn't make it a permanent transformation. It was a "rage boost".
Do we really know that that's the case? As far as I can recall Vegeta hasn't used SS2 since that happened.
As was know, that power up was a one-time thing and has never been talked about again since Battle Of Gods. Hell, when it happened in the movie, Vegeta was just a SSJ.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:07 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Hell, when it happened in the movie, Vegeta was just a SSJ.
Lightnings never appeared over Super Saiyan 2 in any movie (except Movie 9, I think). It seems they just wanted to continue the trend.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:10 pm

Well, well, well.

Feels over Reals.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:10 pm

[spoiler]All those mines Goku layed down really felt like a "Shoot Superman" moment.

https://youtu.be/Xq1a3taf-5U?t=94[/spoiler]
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:13 pm

According to Herms:
So yeah, the Great Priest says Vegeta seems to have broken through his shell (similar to Whis’s description of Goku using Ultra Instinct) and collected power in his body greatly surpassing what he previously had as Super Saiyan Blue. That would seem to be it for an explanation.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:18 pm

I kind of felt it be a trunks style power up. But since Vegeta fans don't get much in the anime according to them, i guess they will take it.

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:18 pm

Since 'breaking your limits' is the theme of the intro and the arc in general, and we've seen Goku as well as now Vegeta do so, with (based on the titles) Toppo doing so in a couple episodes, I wonder if Jiren will also have a 'limit-breaking' power-up before the end of the tournament?

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:19 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:According to Herms:
So yeah, the Great Priest says Vegeta seems to have broken through his shell (similar to Whis’s description of Goku using Ultra Instinct) and collected power in his body greatly surpassing what he previously had as Super Saiyan Blue. That would seem to be it for an explanation.
That looks to be the best we will get.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:20 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: No one thought you could power up SSJ2 to SSJ3 level strength but Future Trunks pulled it off while Goku and Vegeta never did.
Vegeta didn't make it a permanent transformation. It was a "rage boost".
In the manga it does seem that it was a permanent boost to his SS trough. But ignoring that, Trunks never improved SS2 in the anime, so what are you trying to justify exactly? Completely different continuities. Specially since in this case Goku already showed interest of trying to improve Blue by using Kaioken, unlike his SS2, which as far as we know he never tried to improve. If definetoy can't be as easy as to just transform in top of Blue, and I still don't see how it relates to Grade 2 honestly.

Pretty sure Goku would figure out you can combine Blue by just using Grade 2 that developing a dangerous power that has a 90% chance of killing you (Kaioken).
Last edited by MisteryOne on Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.