"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:24 pm

Analytical Delusion wrote:Since 'breaking your limits' is the theme of the intro and the arc in general, and we've seen Goku as well as now Vegeta do so, with (based on the titles) Toppo doing so in a couple episodes, I wonder if Jiren will also have a 'limit-breaking' power-up before the end of the tournament?
Bro, bro, think about it. Do you honestly want jiren to break his limits? The dude will go from being stronger than a god of destruction, to being stronger than a freeking Angel.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:28 pm

Analytical Delusion wrote:Since 'breaking your limits' is the theme of the intro and the arc in general, and we've seen Goku as well as now Vegeta do so, with (based on the titles) Toppo doing so in a couple episodes, I wonder if Jiren will also have a 'limit-breaking' power-up before the end of the tournament?
I feel like Jiren will just, like he did on this episode, use more of his actual power. I don't think we have seen him going at full yet.

Personally I would love if Toppo somehow gets to be the stronger of the U11 by the end of the arc as a cool twist, but it won't happen, so probablu his GoD thing still doesn't make him stronger than Jiren.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:29 pm

Odd. Usually episodes aren't locked behind premium on Crunchyroll DBS. Now they are?
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:31 pm

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:46 pm

MisteryOne wrote:
I feel like Jiren will just, like he did on this episode, use more of his actual power. I don't think we have seen him going at full yet.

Personally I would love if Toppo somehow gets to be the stronger of the U11 by the end of the arc as a cool twist, but it won't happen, so probablu his GoD thing still doesn't make him stronger than Jiren.
I see toppo becoming as strong as a god of destruction, but i dont see him close to jiren. if belmod isnt, neither will toppo.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:47 pm

Once again the previews were wrong Gohan didn't mess up against toppo

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:49 pm

pacz360 wrote:Once again the previews were wrong Gohan didn't mess up against toppo
I through we were done with taking the previews very seriously after the whole "Dyspo's light bullets" and "Frieza wanted to fight U2" fiasco
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:52 pm

MisteryOne wrote:
pacz360 wrote:Once again the previews were wrong Gohan didn't mess up against toppo
I through we were done with taking the previews very seriously after the whole "Dyspo's light bullets" and "Frieza wanted to fight U2" fiasco
People still do sadly hell preview before stated dyspo was gonna do to the other u7 fighters yet he didn't

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:52 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
MisteryOne wrote:

I see toppo becoming as strong as a god of destruction, but i dont see him close to jiren. if belmod isnt, neither will toppo.
It would also be rather odd since Toppo out right stated Jiren is more powerful then himself.

Dragon Ball has never really be the kind of series that pulls that kind of subversion. The only time its ever happened was during the Android arc were each set of androids would get replaced because the editor said "their cool but whats the real threat like?" In every other arc passed the Red Ribbon one the stated main threat is always the main threat. Tien, Piccolo, Vegeta, Frieza, Buu, Baby, Super 17, Omega, Beerus, Golden Frieza, Hit, Zamasu. I don't see why Jiren would be any different.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:53 pm

Also it appears that Dyspo will go all out against Freeza and Gohan
So Dyspo was in a suppress state fighting Hit and Ssjg goku :lol:

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:57 pm

Has anyone ever noticed that Frieza and Jiren's names are opposites?

Refrigerator and Stove.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:04 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Has anyone ever noticed that Frieza and Jiren's names are opposites?

Refrigerator and Stove.
No wonder freeza wants to stay away from jiren :lol:

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:06 pm

It is amazing is it now how many where undercutting Gohan as failing or how certain it was that it would happen just by the previews alone. Gohan does it again and his character becomes a liablity or something like that, that he would be the reason for 17 getting elimated and all that junk was just again foiling each other by taking the previews as to serious as possible hard facts when they have proven to be trolls by Toei. :|

Episode 118, My Favorite Episode of the ToP so far, IMO ended the Previews to be taken serious after the whole Frieza taking down U2, but then Goku got in the way and the last 3 U2 Bros doing nothing......Yea THAT is really what happen. :roll:

I think it was a shame for fans to think either 17 would GO OUT that easy or that Gohan would faultier so easy to keep many thinking his character is cursed to do so. Many need to have more faith that THIS far into the ToP that these characters are all here for a purpose and they will by Toei be treated by our hopes with the most respect and purpose and not be faulter to such low level status.

The Previews should forever be taking as at least 50% Trolling, only the episode itself will tell the tale. Gohan and 17 are better characters then the previews where giving to us and THAT should have been the guess they where false.

Fans who Know Gohan and 17 knew their worth was bigger then the previews gave us and the Episode showed that well.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:14 pm

Dyspo is gone next week, thats pretty much confirmed.

Gohan might survive, because he needs to help 17 again vs Toppo.

Btw Toei indirectly explained SSJ Ikari, as Trunks breaking his shell :think:

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:19 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Odd. Usually episodes aren't locked behind premium on Crunchyroll DBS. Now they are?
It happened during a few months in 2016 I think, idk why they're doing that.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:22 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Dyspo is gone next week, thats pretty much confirmed.
Sadly I've got that same feeling, well fingers crossed he has a good last fight and pulls of a few cool moves before the end.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:22 pm

Gohan loses next week?

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:23 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:Dyspo is gone next week, thats pretty much confirmed.
Sadly I've got that same feeling, well fingers crossed he has a good last fight and pulls of a few cool moves before the end.
Agree hope his fight against Freeza and Gohan be Good

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:23 pm

Anyway who's writing next week's episode?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:24 pm

precita wrote:Gohan loses next week?
Hard to say really....some how I think its going to have more to do with Frieza then Dyspo. Frieza's shown a love of cultivating trust just to stab someone in the back to secure victory this arc.