"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:35 am

Jigurashi wrote:GoD Toppo likely done with in 1 1/2 episodes sounds lame to me but at the same time, the final battle with Jiren likely being 4 episodes from 127-130 I can totally see.
Though this, I agree with. Just like Anilaza, I'd prefer at least one more episode with GoD Toppo since Toppo had such an impressive showing (assuming Vegeta handles his business). But hey, I'll take UI Goku vs Jiren any day of the week.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:42 am

Is this really coming down to half of Universe 7 vs Jiren? Toppo couldn't even get one elimination?

I'm dying here, man...

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:55 am

While a part of me hopes that because Toppo isn't mentioned in the spoiler it might mean he's still in I'm a tad doubtful. I mean while I'm pretty happy 17 is still in and good on Vegeta for getting a major win its just disappointing to me. I wouldn't be as annoyed if it weren't for the fact that Toppo didn't do much during the tournament and only recently got more involved. Also the fact that he didn't get a single elimination while a character like Damon could. Kinda kills the hype of God Toppo if he does indeed get taken out by Vegeta next episode. Ah well I'll wait till the episode airs before I start jumping to conclusions but as I'm a bit less hyped for 126 now.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:57 am

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:GoD Toppo with 0 Eliminations. Basil with 1 Elimination. Imagine that

I dont think Freeza is eliminated though
Either way, if we're reading this right, our boy Vegeta hopefully gets the job done. 8)
Yep. Finally a HUGE Victory :D

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:14 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:GoD Toppo with 0 Eliminations. Basil with 1 Elimination. Imagine that

I dont think Freeza is eliminated though
Either way, if we're reading this right, our boy Vegeta hopefully gets the job done. 8)
While I'd be happy to see this, still, Toppo potentially not getting one single elimination though? Ugh. Meanwhile, Jiren only has two. So much more could have been done to prevent this issue, but I digress. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:19 am

Looks like Vegeta might put some work on Toppo soon.... :mrgreen:

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:23 am

Toppo fodderizing Freeza>>all those fodders being eliminated by u7. Toppo doesn't need an elimination.

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:25 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote: Either way, if we're reading this right, our boy Vegeta hopefully gets the job done. 8)
While I'd be happy to see this, still, Toppo potentially not getting one single elimination though? Ugh. Meanwhile, Jiren only has two. So much more could have been done to prevent this issue, but I digress. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They don’t need eliminations to be BAMFs. Everyone here knows Toppo and Jiren could’ve soloed just about everyone here. It makes no difference if you eliminated 0 fighters or 60 fighters. What matters is how many people from your universe are still standing at the end of the tournament. If they would’ve chosen to run and hide the entire time, that would’ve been fine. I liked seeing everyone else getting KOs since we already knew what the Pride Troopers were capable of.

I will say though I would’ve liked to of seen more action from Toppo like this.
Last edited by TheOtherDude on Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:27 am

buutenks wrote:Toppo fodderizing Freeza>>all those fodders being eliminated by u7. Toppo doesn't need an elimination.
Exactly. How many people he’s ringed out makes no difference.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:32 am

I'm gonna be smart and wait because I'm not a moron. But for a show that was bashed for being too much Goku and Vegeta, I find it amusing that people are mad that 17 is still in.

it goes to my theory that most dragon ball fans only truly care about the saiyans and they just act like they care about the others.

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:35 am

Oh boy, remember the few caldendar images few months ago that had 17 with Goku and Vegeta? Looks like that was really a hint for the final 3 fighters.

Now I hope he will eliminate Jiren too :mrgreen: ai can dream right

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:42 am

OverHeaven wrote:Oh boy, remember the few caldendar images few months ago that had 17 with Goku and Vegeta? Looks like that was really a hint for the final 3 fighters.

Now I hope he will eliminate Jiren too :mrgreen: ai can dream right
Yes, you can dream, tho you’ll wake up and realize is gonna be jiren vs UI goku

Slaythe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Slaythe » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:48 am

Totamo wrote:I'm gonna be smart and wait because I'm not a moron. But for a show that was bashed for being too much Goku and Vegeta, I find it amusing that people are mad that 17 is still in.

it goes to my theory that most dragon ball fans only truly care about the saiyans and they just act like they care about the others.
Like 2 piccolo fans are hating on 17.

Everyone else sees him for the MVP and break out character he is.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:02 am

I think 17 will hold off Jiren while those 2 fuse.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:03 am

Frankly speaking, I'm now tired of the ToP writers wanking Vegeta to death.

He fought Jiren, was the first one to get him down, then Jiren destroyed him but let him stay on the arena for.. reasons. A few seconds later Vegeta magically stood up and got a new form, is fighting Jiren, will fight GoD Toppo and win, then come back to fighting Jiren again.

It's too much. When he fought in Z, he never got that much screentime.

Worst thing is, there was barely any buildup to Vegeta being such a strong presence before it began.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:10 am

Xeogran wrote:Frankly speaking, I'm now tired of the ToP writers wanking Vegeta to death.

He fought Jiren, was the first one to get him down, then Jiren destroyed him but let him stay on the arena for.. reasons. A few seconds later Vegeta magically stood up and got a new form, is fighting Jiren, will fight GoD Toppo and win, then come back to fighting Jiren again.

Worst thing is, there was barely any buildup to Vegeta being such a strong presence before it began.
Vegeta is the gift that keeps giving. 8)
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:13 am

Xeogran wrote:Frankly speaking, I'm now tired of the ToP writers wanking Vegeta to death.

I'd like to know how you feel about 17 then because he's been wanked even more than Vegeta despite being a secondary character at best. He had less buildup than Vegeta prior to the ToP and was miraculously as strong as SSB fighters and has fought GoD Toppo and will be fighting Jiren. At least with Vegeta it makes sense since he's the deuteragonist of the series. During Z that was Gohan.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:19 am

sintzu wrote:I think 17 will hold off Jiren while those 2 fuse.
I don't see fusion happening.

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:24 am

TheOtherDude wrote:
MrBlackFox wrote:Aside from fan theories, a thing that made me always think was Vermoud's quote " Jiren is a being who will never lose, no matter who he's up against" like he CAN'T be beaten, not only because of his power but with another trick/curse /wish or something else
I wouldn’t take anything they say on there at face value. They’ve shown they’re willing to lie (bend statements) for the sake of suspense.

For example the “reveal of Jiren” being more powerful than his God of Destruction. It made no since for him to be so concerned about how Toppo performed against Goku knowing someone like Jiren was in his universe. Toppo had to tell Vermoud that his friend Jiren would be able to handle anything he can’t. Anybody who was watching in detail should have been able to come to the conclusion that Jiren and Vermoud didn’t seem to know each other personally at the time. So how could he be the mortal stronger than his God of Destruction that Whis mentioned?

There was definitely some deceit involved. Very very poorly executed to the point where it came across as lying. The point is, don’t take what they say as concrete.
Not really, he just asked Toppo if he can beat Goku. What is the problem if Vermoud wanted to know the difference between their power levels and how strong is Goku compared to their God of Destruction candidate?
-He wasn't even so concerned about it as you say, rewatch the scene again. He asked in a normal and calm voice.
-He didn't have any strange reaction to Toppo's answer, nor asked him about this Jiren dude who somehow is stronger than their god of destruction candidate and didn't know anything about him till now. Assuming he knows him make more sense here.
-Jiren was a part of the Pride Troopers at that time and Toppo is their leader, again it wouldn't make any sense that he didn't mention anything about someone as strong as Jiren EVER to Vermoud before his battle with Goku. It's not like he was afraid that Jiren might take the god of destruction position from him or something.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:34 am

Spotted the Gohan fanboy