"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:05 pm

HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Jiren goes full power, Goku holds his fist, Jiren gets kneed in the stomach, blast Goku, Goku deflected. So the preview and the NEP showed even at full power Goku had the edge.
Nope. I actually saw the preview In detail.

Jiren goes full power. Goku holds his fist, cuts to a different scenario where he gets hit in the gut that has nothing to do with the fist clash, then cuts back to jiren putting more power in the fist, gokus fist gets pushed and goku himself shows expression.

I saw both, jiren overwhelming goku, and vise versa.
Jiren didn’t overwhelm Goku outside the blast that Goku deflected. And this isn’t about if the two scenes relate, the point is Goku held Jiren’s fist even while it was glowing.
You are arguing from a preview meant for goku too look good. If the preview is the only thing you go by, and not the summaries (which don’t say anything about FP jiren getting overwhelmed, just regular jiren) then no wonder you are getting buried by all these users here

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:05 pm

You know, it's been a long road to get here but way back during last year I made a prediction of how this would go and I was right. My boy Jiren is gonna get...

By my original boy Frieza. Ok time for the Frieza victory dance.

Screw power levels, screw Ultra Instinct and screw saiyans. All hail your lord and savoir, that total scumbag, Lord Frieza! Master of Cheapshots!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:05 pm

HeroR wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:I'll wait to watch the episode to see how this plays out. But I do want to Freeza to win this. Freeza winning the Tournament Of Power is only way him coming back to life has any kind of significant payoff.
Except the Dragon Balls goes to the best fighter, nothing about last man standing.
But in the context of the Tournament Of Power, the last man standing can be seen as the best warrior. Because, well, he's the only fighter of the 80 original combatants to remain when all is said and done.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:06 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:What’s the point of Ultra Instinct - a form that was said to be UNBEATABLE by Whis - if Goku is just going to LOSE head-on with it!???

Like seriously Toriyama!??? Really!???

This show is now ruined. Forever. They had one chance to get it right this time and they fucking blew it! I have lost all hope in them.
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
We don't even know how Goku's gonna lose.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:06 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:What’s the point of Ultra Instinct - a form that was said to be UNBEATABLE by Whis - if Goku is just going to LOSE head-on with it!???

This show is now ruined. Forever. They had one chance to get it right this time and they fucking blew it! I have lost all hope in them.
I'm laughing so hard right now. This fandom is legitimately terrible.
Feels over Reals.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:07 pm

Analytical Delusion wrote:In light of the apparent conclusion, I wonder if Jiren himself has UI? Some exposition would be nice.
That...changes things. Maybe we should wait and see what happens before overracting. :think:

I guess it's a good thing I kept a cool head through this. :shifty:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:07 pm

RedHeat wrote:

I'm laughing so hard right now. This fandom is legitimately terrible.
You can tell. They don’t like it when their precious hereo loses

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:08 pm

sintzu wrote:The main issues isn't Goku losing but them hyping up UI as this unstoppable thing only for it to seemingly lose when it debuts. If Goku was going to lose then why not just stick to Omen and save the real one when he's going to win a major fight ? what's the point of hyping it up only to show it's not all that much. Now with the 4 other universes Goku is going to have to find something EVEN stronger. UI is just another thing in a long list of potential that modern DB has wasted.
It's not the first time that Dragon Ball tremendously hypes up a form or power-up only for it to not deliver in battle, and it won't be the last.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:09 pm

HeroR wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
And I said going by the NEP, so the length doesn’t matter here.
No, you didn't.

Your exact quote:
From the summery, Jiren was surpassed
Not only did you not use the preview as a basis, but you tried to say the summary suggested it when nothing of the sort suggests that Goku overpowers a full power Jiren in those summaries.
He was surpassed and I mentioned the NEP to say that full powered Jiren wasn’t overwhelming Goku.
No, a weaker Jiren was surpassed. The summaries never made any mention of Goku surpassing a full power Jiren, which was what the argument was all about when you first said "From the summary, Jiren was surpassed." to which you went on to say "Goku just didn't win, kind of like Tien." That makes it obvious that you were referring to the totality of the fight, not just when Jiren wasn't serious.

We can argue semantics all day, but you were wrong. The summaries never said Goku surpassed a full power Jiren.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:10 pm

DBZ_Lee wrote:You are kidding me. Frieza wins? so predictable...... pathetic in fact. Goku loses - again, yet people complain about how Vegeta was treated? seriously.... I will say that perhaps this loss to Jiren will spur him on to continue training hard, knowing that there is a being out there stronger than he is, and maybe they will cross paths in the future once more in a new series - one can only hope, as that is an awful way for modern DB to end.
Is that serious? Do you want to compare Vegeta's performance with Goku's?

It does not matter if Goku is defeated, he overcame the Hakaishins and mastered a technique that neither the gods can easily master, not to mention all the excessive prominence he received in recruiting and tournament

And people still say that Vegeta fans are never satisfied ...
Goku fans are annoyed with a defeat

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:11 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
DBZ_Lee wrote:You are kidding me. Frieza wins? so predictable...... pathetic in fact. Goku loses - again, yet people complain about how Vegeta was treated? seriously.... I will say that perhaps this loss to Jiren will spur him on to continue training hard, knowing that there is a being out there stronger than he is, and maybe they will cross paths in the future once more in a new series - one can only hope, as that is an awful way for modern DB to end.

It does not matter if Goku is defeated, he overcame the Hakaishins and mastered a technique that neither the gods can easily master, not to mention all the excessive prominence he received in recruiting and tournament

I wouldn’t say vegeta overcame the hakaishins when goku was just recently stated to be just above beerus. And apperantly even that seems to be unable to beat Jiren.

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:13 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
TysonWine wrote:"Jiren's fast, heavy blow is too much for even Goku in Ultra Instinct mode to dodge."

Well, there you go. This is for the fans that were saying "Goku reached the pinnacle of strength, there's no where for him to go after this." As usual, if you're strong enough, you can overcome anything. Such is the way of Dragon Ball. Jiren's gonna get some hits in. If he can do it, surely a future antagonist can as well.
Again, that is against the UNMASTERED version of UI, the MASTERED version can not and will not be hit by the likes of Jiren.
GodVegetto91 wrote:Dragon Ball Super now has officially the worst writers of any show in television history! This is just sad.. What they have done is unforgivable and unacceptable. It is almost COMICAL. It is trolling, on the highest level. It was completely unneccesary, even for their standards!

This is undefendable. And quite frankly, i am going to stop talking now, because i can’t promise i’d remain civil much longer.

I am speechless.

I am terribly terribly dissapointed. They have now hit an all-time low. Lower than zero. Lower than negative infinity in fact!

GodVegetto91 wrote:the MASTERED version can not and will not be hit by the likes of Jiren.
I would troll you, but Toriyama did it better than I ever could...

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:15 pm

This news has exhausted me today, the arguing around the fandom has been INSANE. I think I need a break for today

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:15 pm

My prediction based on recent spoilers:

1. Goku gets ring-out
2. Freeza miraculously eliminates Jiren too
3. Freeza gets hasty but he suddely disappears due to over exhausting himself thus making his way back to Hell way earlier than expected.
4. The Omni Kings don't know what to do
5. The GP suggests to have Jiren as the winner of the tournament
6. The U7 gets erased
7. The U11 gets cocky and Jiren will have his desired wish
8. Jiren will reveal his only wish for himself and us, the audience
9. Jiren will wish for all the universes restoration(Super Shenlon might or might not restore all the 13, but the 7 will be brought back, nevertheless)
10. The U11 is shocked
11. Goku and the others don't know what to say
12. The Zenos are happy ho have so much universes back as they want more tournaments in the future.
13. Goku will leave with Jiren as he wants Goku to help him to deal the evil doer.
14. Everybody is shocked at first but go home ultimately
15. Whis will revive Freeza(seriuosly, maybe not :P)
Last edited by Low Tone G on Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:15 pm

So what's the spoiler?

Goku Loses?
Jiren thinks he has won and collaspes or passes out?
Frieza actually wins.
Jiren is MVP and gets the wish?

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:18 pm

Actually, the spoilers don't mention Frieza defeating Jiren, only that Jiren is hit by the Death Beam of a battered and wounded opponent. It could be that Jiren simply stomps and eliminates Frieza after he dared to ambush him.

And, yeah, now no one can say that 'Goku always wins'. Goku has always LOST in Super. He lost against Beerus, he lost against Frieza, he lost against Hit, he lost against Infinite Zamasu, and he will apparently lose against Jiren. Goku is a loser, haha.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:18 pm

TysonWine wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
TysonWine wrote:"Jiren's fast, heavy blow is too much for even Goku in Ultra Instinct mode to dodge."

Well, there you go. This is for the fans that were saying "Goku reached the pinnacle of strength, there's no where for him to go after this." As usual, if you're strong enough, you can overcome anything. Such is the way of Dragon Ball. Jiren's gonna get some hits in. If he can do it, surely a future antagonist can as well.
Again, that is against the UNMASTERED version of UI, the MASTERED version can not and will not be hit by the likes of Jiren.
GodVegetto91 wrote:Dragon Ball Super now has officially the worst writers of any show in television history! This is just sad.. What they have done is unforgivable and unacceptable. It is almost COMICAL. It is trolling, on the highest level. It was completely unneccesary, even for their standards!

This is undefendable. And quite frankly, i am going to stop talking now, because i can’t promise i’d remain civil much longer.

I am speechless.

I am terribly terribly dissapointed. They have now hit an all-time low. Lower than zero. Lower than negative infinity in fact!

GodVegetto91 wrote:the MASTERED version can not and will not be hit by the likes of Jiren.
I would troll you, but Toriyama did it better than I ever could...
It’s not my fault.. Really. It’s the writers fault for doing something that makes ZERO sense at all.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:19 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Nope. I actually saw the preview In detail.

Jiren goes full power. Goku holds his fist, cuts to a different scenario where he gets hit in the gut that has nothing to do with the fist clash, then cuts back to jiren putting more power in the fist, gokus fist gets pushed and goku himself shows expression.

I saw both, jiren overwhelming goku, and vise versa.
Jiren didn’t overwhelm Goku outside the blast that Goku deflected. And this isn’t about if the two scenes relate, the point is Goku held Jiren’s fist even while it was glowing.
You are arguing from a preview meant for goku too look good. If the preview is the only thing you go by, and not the summaries (which don’t say anything about FP jiren getting overwhelmed, just regular jiren) then no wonder you are getting buried by all these users here
And you’re arguing on a vague preview summery, so we’re both doing the same thing.

And I’m used to being buried and even then it’s only you and other users. That’s hardly buried.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:20 pm

I guess it's time to insult everyone who's angered by the show. You know, makes you look smarter and better than them

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:20 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:

I wouldn’t say vegeta overcame the hakaishins when goku was just recently stated to be just above beerus. And apperantly even that seems to be unable to beat Jiren.
I'm talking about Goku overcoming the Hakaishins, not Vegeta ...

Anyway, Vegeta is definitely in the same realm of the Hakaishins, as well as Toppo (who was declared to be no different from a Hakaishin) and perhaps Kefla. Probably he can beat some GoDs, or maybe he can give Beerus a hard time with Final Explosion.
Last edited by TheSaiyanGod on Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.