"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by sangofe » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:09 pm

sintzu wrote:
sangofe wrote: Image
It'll be interesting to see a fight set at night instead of the morning/afternoon which isn't something we've seen before.
TheGmGoken wrote:Anyone notice that they didn't show Vegeta amour :shh:
You can see a small part of it which is Blue.
I think it got dark when Vegeta go taken over by Baby fighting Baby Gohan?

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:09 pm

sintzu wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:If a 15 seconds video is sparking off like this, God help us when an actual episode drops!
Like I said before it'll get hated on for every small or big thing that it does.

It's hard to believe that the most hate the franchise gets is on the #1 site for it,everywhere else I go fans are happy we're getting new content yet here of all places is where people aren't.
Actually I don't think Kanzenshuu is number 1 unless you mean news wise. And I've seen a mixed response everywhere I go. And once again. It's jusr DB. Nothing to lose your shit about.

MabuMany DB FILLER fights was in night. So was Dbgt

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:11 pm

sangofe wrote:
You're right but this'll be the first in a Toriyama story.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

BlackCatScott
Regular

Post by BlackCatScott » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:12 pm

TheGmGoken wrote: Dragonball itself isn't that awesome. So honestly while a new series is nice. It's not the hottest thing and not really excited. It's just Dragonball. Better things out there.
Well if that's what you think... okay then. That's fine. No great loss if you're disappointed with the new content then, eh?

My point of view is very different. I couldn't have imagined just a few years ago that the series would be rejuvenated the way it is. I couldn't have imagined two movies and a new series. I guess I'm just delighted that's a thing.

I'm not deeply outraged with anything that I've seen. It has never been a flawless series and there have always been imperfections - plot holes here & there etc. I can look past that and enjoy it for what it is. It just looks like more Dragon Ball and I'm delighted with that.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:14 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
It's just DB. Nothing to lose your shit about.
You should've told you're self this when you were going on and on about Goten in the FNF topic.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:16 pm

Black_Liger wrote: You just talked truth Basaku, it's ridiculous, Fans were proud of DB's sense of progresion, watching the characters grow, HECK even get old, we claimed it was awesome growing up alonside Goku and see him get a family. Now fucking Naruto has more progression in in that he freaking has children and the story keeps up with the new generation, it could have gone prequel bullshit but it didn't as as much as current naruto is not what it was, it took a better approach than db.

but like I said, DB fans were proud of db because of the progression and passing of time, now they suddenly are content being locked in time, stripped of what made dbz awesome.
We saw that they grow old. It's still awesome. Just because they don't change that much doesn't mean that they don't age. This isn't pokemon. Naruto so far is just bad. Really bad. The new characters in Naruto now couldn't even survive without the old characters being there. You take out the old characters, people wouldn't even care for them.

Just because they want to focus on a specific time doesn't mean it's being locked in time.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:16 pm

BlackCatScott wrote: I couldn't have imagined just a few years ago that the series would be rejuvenated the way it is. I couldn't have imagined two movies and a new series. I guess I'm just delighted that's a thing.
I couldn't have imagined DB evolution would be the reason the series would get rejuvenated.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:17 pm

Seriously guys...there's a foe option. Just use that if there's some comments you don't like seeing. Don't like negativity, use the foe option. BAM, suddenly the comments you don't like are no longer visible. Instead it's people bitching cause they want to, and I see no reason why they can not, and people bitching on other people cause their bitching. You know to save yourselves the headaches, you could just ignore bitching and only converse with those who are excited. Let people who are unhappy converse, and people who are happy converse. Let people love and worship, and let people hate and dump on something they don't particularly like. You have no obligation to make people like something they don't want to or hate something they like. It's getting really damn annoying seeing people complain about other people complaining when you can just hide those comments.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:17 pm

sintzu wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:
It's just DB. Nothing to lose your shit about.
You should've told you're self this when you were going on and on about Goten in the FNF topic.
That's a character not the entire franchise. Goten happen to be my top 3 favorite fictional charactercharacters.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:19 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:Seriously guys...there's a foe option. Just use that if there's some comments you don't like seeing. Don't like negativity, use the foe option. BAM, suddenly the comments you don't like are no longer visible. Instead it's people bitching cause they want to, and I see no reason why they can not, and people bitching on other people cause their bitching. You know to save yourselves the headaches, you could just ignore bitching and only converse with those who are excited. Let people who are unhappy converse, and people who are happy converse. Let people love and worship, and let people hate and dump on something they don't particularly like. You have no obligation to make people like something they don't want to or hate something they like. It's getting really damn annoying seeing people complain about other people complaining when you can just hide those comments.
It wouldn't be fun like that. Correcting people when they are wrong just make me feel warm inside.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:19 pm

I think the biggest sin here is that members showing their concerns and wants for the new series gets instantly categorized under "hating on what we've seen".

Is it okay to not love everything, instantly, to avoid possible disappointments? (Even if when it's good, to not expect too much)
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:21 pm

sintzu wrote:It's hard to believe that the most hate the franchise gets is on the #1 site for it,everywhere else I go fans are happy we're getting new content yet here of all places is where people aren't.
Why should I be happy about getting more shit piled on my plate? Should everybody have loved Superman IV because it's NEW CONTENT OMGGGG?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:21 pm

sintzu wrote:Goku&Vegeta getting new power ups and forms isn't progression ? and what do you mean by there won't be any tension ?
Getting stronger isn't progression. You have to ask yourself one important question: How do these power-ups affect the story? That's what decides whether or not the story progresses or stays the same. Luckily for you, SSG actually changes the story a bit.

You see, the Super Saiyan transformation affected the story. It was being built up since the middle of the Namek arc and it was a big motive behind a bunch of Freeza's actions and a key component of his inferiority complex. By this logic, you can say that Super Saiyan God affects the story too, and it does, and it also affects Goku's personality.

Nevertheless, that wasn't the point. What I mean by there won't be any progression isn't that they're not gonna get stronger, we know they obviously will. What I mean is that we know exactly how it will finish. How? The epilogue is still there. We know everyone is alive, we know everyone is a good guy. It makes the story predictable. Every time there's a possible twist like, I don't know, Goten surpassing Goku's strength, is all negated because we know Goku is stronger and Goten is a slacker at the end of the epilogue.

What happens when someone dies? We know they're alive, so it doesn't really matter, does it? Dragon Ball was never a series that thrived on the tension coming from a character's death. But it was a series thriving on the tension coming from the question of whether or not a revival is possible. The Saiyan arc was tense because Piccolo died, some of the characters fighting had already died once and we didn't know if we could revive everyone or how tough their journey to Namek would be. The Namek arc was tense because most characters were still dead, Porunga died before they faced Freeza and Goku already died once so he could absolutely not afford to lose. It was only at the very end when we knew they had two sets of Dragon Balls that everything was okay. The Cell arc was tense because we knew of a terrible future where Goku was dead, so nobody knew about New Namek, and after Piccolo fused with God, there were no Dragon Balls available for awhile.

So, again: What happens when someone dies in Super? Nothing, as long as it stays in the 10 year timeskip. They could do their best efforts to try and impose some tension: they can kill off almost everybody, they can kill off Whis to stop his time shenanigans and they can destroy Earth and Namek. They can do anything to try and make it seem like it's a hopeless situation.... But we still know everyone's gonna be alright by the end. And that doesn't give a feeling of "OH SH*T! How are they gonna get around this?!", it gives a feeling of "Oh this is getting bad, but it's alright".
sintzu wrote:How do you know it'll be tedious and not fun when you haven't seen it ?
Oh c'mon, don't use this argument again. People used this argument when a poster for Resurrection 'F' came out and the skeptics had to keep their mouth shut. They used this argument when a summary came out, and they still had to keep their mouth shut. And when the movie was leaked and they could finally say their opinion hadn't changed, they were labeled as haters. It's annoying, we're not saying "Yes, it's going to be shit, shut up, we know what we're talking about", we're voicing our concerns, just like other people are voicing their hopes and hype.
sintzu wrote:What else would it be ?
A brand new series...?

Why do you want it to be more of Z? I want a new series, I don't want the same thing again.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:25 pm

Rukura wrote:I think the biggest sin here is that members showing their concerns and wants for the new series gets instantly categorized under "hating on what we've seen".

Is it okay to not love everything, instantly, to avoid possible disappointments? (Even if when it's good, to not expect too much)
It's not just okay but it's recommended. I mean not typing away your frustration is just too hard. You need to make sure everyone around you know how you feel about it. You also need to make sure that you repeat your points multiple time so that they don't forget.
Doctor. wrote:
sintzu wrote:What else would it be ?
A brand new series...?

Why do you want it to be more of Z? I want a new series, I don't want the same thing again.
It always have and will always be the adventures of Goku. There is no Z or normal DB. It's just DB. A different series mean it isn't dragon ball anymore. Should have let Toriyama do a whole new series then.
Last edited by fexus on Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rukura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Rukura » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:30 pm

fexus wrote:
Rukura wrote:I think the biggest sin here is that members showing their concerns and wants for the new series gets instantly categorized under "hating on what we've seen".

It's not just okay but it's recommended. I mean not typing away your frustration is just too hard. You need to make sure everyone around you know how you feel about it. You also need to make sure that you repeat your points multiple time so that they don't forget.
So, I need to keep repeating that I enjoyed it EVERYTIME I critique something I wanna see improved on? Do I also need to repeat that I like Dragon Ball, even though I'm posting in THIS forum? A list of what Dragon Ball content I liked and didn't like? Is this not kinda ridiculous?
Full checklist of all Xenoverse clothing pieces, accessories and Z-Souls (Many thanks to jrdemr for the Z-Souls sheet): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u8vxc8m0fehev ... .xlsx?dl=0

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:32 pm

^ Avoiding saying it's surely unworthy garbage before it even airs would be a start for a few members around here.
dbzfan7 wrote:Seriously guys...there's a foe option. Just use that if there's some comments you don't like seeing. Don't like negativity, use the foe option. BAM, suddenly the comments you don't like are no longer visible. Instead it's people bitching cause they want to, and I see no reason why they can not, and people bitching on other people cause their bitching. You know to save yourselves the headaches, you could just ignore bitching and only converse with those who are excited. Let people who are unhappy converse, and people who are happy converse. Let people love and worship, and let people hate and dump on something they don't particularly like. You have no obligation to make people like something they don't want to or hate something they like. It's getting really damn annoying seeing people complain about other people complaining when you can just hide those comments.
Honestly never heard of that.
What does it do exactly? It can't obviously recognize whining comments from actual comments, but then I guess it sorts of eliminate specific members from ever having their comments on your screen or something, as if those members didn't exist on the forum?

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:34 pm

Rukura wrote:
fexus wrote:

So, I need to keep repeating that I enjoyed it EVERYTIME I critique something I wanna see improved on? Do I also need to repeat that I like Dragon Ball, even though I'm posting in THIS forum? A list of what Dragon Ball content I liked and didn't like? Is this not kinda ridiculous?
No you don't need to say that you like or even enjoy DB. Just post your critique and remember to post the same thing multiple time. I mean Toriyama would eventually read your post if you post enough.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:36 pm

fexus wrote:It always have and will always be the adventures of Goku. There is no Z or normal DB. It's just DB. A different series mean it isn't dragon ball anymore. Should have let Toriyama do a whole new series then.
The anime is divided into DB and DBZ. And seeing as how Super is an anime, I'm not sure why you're bringing the manga into this. I meant a new series as in the same vein as GT. GT is very clearly from the same series, it has the same feel more or less, but contains new character designs and is in a different time period.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:37 pm

Cold Skin wrote: What does it do exactly? It can't obviously recognize whining comments from actual comments, but then I guess it sorts of eliminate specific members from ever having their comments on your screen or something, as if those members didn't exist on the forum?
Its a simple ignore list function. "Add a foe" -> all comments from that person are not displayed for you and instead you have a bar that says the comment from person x is not shown for you.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:39 pm

Doctor. wrote:GT is very clearly from the same series, it has the same feel more or less, but contains new character designs and is in a different time period.
The main plot points of an arc would be the same regardless of the time period or character designs.