"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:03 pm

Noah wrote:So... Beerus will really appear 6 months instead 4 years after Boo? This mean that Tarble and JSAT will be filler and BoG will be retconned?
Hopefully.

I'm also expecting a bunch of much needed changes to the F story, which I'm excited about. As it stands, it seems the BoG arc will be different with the introduction of Champa.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:05 pm

Big Momma wrote:The shot in the OP of Goku and Vegeta walking towards that vortex made me so excited.
Yeah, walking to adventures that gave me goosebumps and the Bejita Vader son sparring.

Super has SSJGOD Goku and Mystic Gohan for you guys
TheGmGoken wrote:
SaiyanZ wrote:I know Chuquita and GmGoken are freaking out over the SSJG and sleeveless Goten in the OP :D
I almost died. It's already my pictures. Such an amazing opening. I'll rank it top 3. It was good but the song kinda sucked.
The song is very good I like it.
Last edited by shinmaru on Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:06 pm

It would be great if Avo and Cado were integrated into the Resurrection 'F' retelling somehow.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:08 pm

Marco Polo wrote:It would be great if Avo and Cado were integrated into the Resurrection 'F' retelling somehow.
They get one-shotted by Frieza during the F arc.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:11 pm

I'm with you, shinmaru. I love the both the OP and ED songs.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:12 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
Noah wrote:So... Beerus will really appear 6 months instead 4 years after Boo? This mean that Tarble and JSAT will be filler and BoG will be retconned?
Hopefully.

I'm also expecting a bunch of much needed changes to the F story, which I'm excited about. As it stands, it seems the BoG arc will be different with the introduction of Champa.
It does seem like both stories will get retconned a bit.. the wholde deal with Goku, Vegeta and Gohan fighting off Freeza forces seem weird and maybe we'll get Freeza's arrival prior to Goku getting SSGod.
Okay that's very speculative, but you also bring up Champa, who does seem to be getting introduced already in this BoG arc. That press statement made it sound like we'd first get a mysterious new character after [F] and I assumed that would be Champa, but it might be somebody different.
Could be in one of the coming episodes, Beerus will return home from his planet desctruction Schedule and then encounter Champa and QWhis, who knows.

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:13 pm

Ushabtis wrote:Why do people like/prefer Goten's new Gi....? its literally the same thing just without sleeves.
Because its without sleeves :lol:

Did anyone notice? The Super title of the opening resembles the old DragonBall anime title with the sun in the back. And are that Freeza soldiers? So much new stuff
Last edited by shinmaru on Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:14 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:
Hopefully.

It does seem like both stories will get retconned a bit.. the wholde deal with Goku, Vegeta and Gohan fighting off Freeza forces seem weird and maybe we'll get Freeza's arrival prior to Goku getting SSGod.
Okay that's very speculative, but you also bring up Champa, who does seem to be getting introduced already in this BoG arc. That press statement made it sound like we'd first get a mysterious new character after [F] and I assumed that would be Champa, but it might be somebody different.
Could be in one of the coming episodes, Beerus will return home from his planet desctruction Schedule and then encounter Champa and QWhis, who knows.
We also gotta keep in mind that this is just an opening, just because those characters are fighting Freeza's men in the OP doesn't mean those exactly characters in those outfits will be fighting them.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:20 pm

It's good to see Toyo-tarou isn't bound by what Chioka Kimitoshi and the others do with their animated series. Now there's another reason to check out both.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

nekobi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by nekobi » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:32 pm

Big Momma wrote:I'm with you, shinmaru. I love the both the OP and ED songs.
I agree as well. I thought both the opening and ending were spectacular! The ending of Goku through the years brought back so many memories! <3 I thought both songs were pretty catchy as well. :)

I'm a huge anime fan but I haven't been this excited for a weekly series in a long time! I honestly can't wait until next weekend again!

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:36 pm

Goku said we'd meet again! :D :cry: :cry: :cry: I loved the episode a lot! the opening and closing credits were awesome as well! Orange Star Hero is still my favorite but I liked that outro a lot! seeing Goku look and smile so awesome!
This is going to be a start to a great adventure! :D :thumbup:
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

rolmanus

Post by rolmanus » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:40 pm

Oh my god, that opening and ending just made me cry.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:44 pm

Damn, so long the wait for a subbed version...
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Scott
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scott » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:47 pm

Noah wrote:Damn, so long the wait for a subbed version...
I know right.........why do i always have to be patient with the things i want ? :lol:

Vaughngief
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vaughngief » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:52 pm

Sorry, if this has been asked a lot, but I'm kinda confused at what's going on with this show. Super takes place after the Buu arc, but before Battle of Gods? If that's the case then why is Beerus showing up already? I've recently been promoted at work and haven't had the time to follow everything. No spoilers for Resurrection F is they're somehow included. Haven't seen it yet.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:54 pm

We're 6 months after Buu and doing a rewrite of BOG and F, and then after that it's onto a new storyline where the characters get to visit another Universe (#6) while looking for "Super" dragon balls. :3
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:55 pm

Noah wrote:Damn, so long the wait for a subbed version...
I would imagine it will be out by tomorrow. Things take time if you want them good. Not even Over-Time can have subs out like a hour or two after the newest Kamen Rider episode is out.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:56 pm

Events are seemingly being changed to allow the story to take place earlier on the timeline, that way they have more room in the 10 year gap to work with for however long they want to continue the series.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:58 pm

That opening and especially the last shot of the ending briught a year to my eye no lie. I'm so happy right now. It looks so good! Eighteen years ago, the final words of GT were "Till we meet again guys!" Now on 2015, it's finally back :') 8)

thesupergodman

Post by thesupergodman » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:00 pm

Hm, I guess I'll take back what I said. At the very least, I hope the series is good on its own merits, because if it is, I'll be pleased.