"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

alakazam^
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:45 pm

zamasu121 wrote:
ailema88 wrote:Can someone translate this

ベジータとブラックの対決はベジータが圧倒的優位に進めるも、ブラックは新たな技を発動させる。一方、ザマスは離れていたマイをめがけて向かっていった!

Source: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/b_hp/dragonball ... index.html
according to google translate vegeta overpowers black and zamasu goes after mai
there is a good chance this might be wrong i would not trust google translate on this
That's mainly it. Also, Black uses a new technique.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:01 pm

Pretty sure the new technique part refers to either the Chi Scythe or the Pink Fog Clones of Destruction. I would bet it means the latter one.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:05 pm

So it looks like Vegeta beaten Black so hard that broke his suddenly power-ups lol
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

zamasu121
Beyond Newbie

Post by zamasu121 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:13 pm

Noah wrote:So it looks like Vegeta beaten Black so hard that broke his suddenly power-ups lol

the only time black got a big power up was after fighting goku it has been said multiple times

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:22 pm

zamasu121 wrote:the only time black got a big power up was after fighting goku it has been said multiple times
There's no confirmation of that yet, since Black said after having defeated Vegeta for the first time, that the pain would make him stronger.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:31 pm

Noah wrote:
zamasu121 wrote:the only time black got a big power up was after fighting goku it has been said multiple times
There's no confirmation of that yet, since Black said after having defeated Vegeta for the first time, that the pain would make him stronger.
I think what he means is a "big" power up, like Black only gets a big boost when he fights Goku because he not just gets a zenkai but learns more about the body he took whereas fighting against Vegeta and Trunks can only give him zenkai's.

zamasu121
Beyond Newbie

Post by zamasu121 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:34 pm

Noah wrote:
and trunks said black powered up slowly while fighting him.
also black was shown to be stronger so i doubt he really needs a big power up to beat goku

Makai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Makai » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:35 pm

I feel like this arc should last for many more episodes, no point in having them fuse if it's only gonna last like 2-3 episodes. Same with Merged Zamasu.

alyx_20

Post by alyx_20 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:33 pm

Chuquita wrote:Toei's Precure does Halloween almost every year, this year included. Their annual October Precure movie last year was even pumpkin-themed.

Same animation studio, that's why I'm hoping.
i just can't imagine christmas with dbz, that's why i'm hoping for toei to do it, goku eating all the food before the dinner :lol:

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:45 pm

Noah wrote:
Yes, but did he instantly get a power up then? No. I don't know why everyone is thinking his powerups broke when it's obviously happening next episode. His powerups aren't always the instant a person stops hurting him.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

zamasu121
Beyond Newbie

Post by zamasu121 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:49 pm

kinisking wrote:
Noah wrote:
Yes, but did he instantly get a power up then? No. I don't know why everyone is thinking his powerups broke when it's obviously happening next episode. His powerups aren't always the instant a person stops hurting him.
you are probably right i believe black would put up a better fight but vegeta would still be stronger

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:15 pm

Cetra wrote:Pretty sure the new technique part refers to either the Chi Scythe or the Pink Fog Clones of Destruction. I would bet it means the latter one.
Chi Scythe? I think it's safe to say that weapon isn't like his blade and such with how they differ in appearance.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:16 pm

The part about Vegeta being stronger might just be a part of the recap of last week's episode, it wouldn't be the first time that happens.

zamasu121
Beyond Newbie

Post by zamasu121 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:29 pm

Neon Z wrote:The part about Vegeta being stronger might just be a part of the recap of last week's episode, it wouldn't be the first time that happens.
vegeta will most likely still be stronger

Nekis13
Regular

Post by Nekis13 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:44 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Nekis13 wrote:Man, I like Vegetto, but if we get Gogeta I'll scream. A lot.
In joy or in rage?
Joy, extreme joy.
stay edgy

DeviantArt Thing: Drawings and stuff, also Dragon Ball

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:49 pm

Regarding SoL and Mini Arcs. What about if they adapted Jaco into a mini arc? Fairy Tail recently did something similar with it's prequel Manga. I'd be up for it.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:58 pm

IGhostUlt wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
IGhostUlt wrote: Thank you! All I see from this dude is hating on gohan. Everyone can shine except for gohan right? The same mess is happening to piccolo, but it's alright if he gets a huge role and power up and gohan doesnt? Give me a break, it's all hypocritical.
FWIW it's REALLY hard to make Gohan relevant again as a fighter, If he becomes SSB he would basically be the strongest character in the universe...and he would thus be thrust into the role of main protector of Earth. I could see this upsetting a LOT of fans...especially those of Goku and Vegeta. I'm not defending that poster specifically since I have no idea what his thoughts or intentions are just throwing in my two cents.
Heres my problem with stuff like this. Why does gohan have to have ssb to be relevant in the first place? We just want him to fight again, that's it. He could only have ssj2 or ultimate for all I care. He doesn't need to be a god to be relevant again geez.
It just seems odd for him not to attain Blue considering he has the most potential of anyone. I like Gohan...I wouldn't mind him fighting but it seems like it would be tough.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Freezerbaby
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freezerbaby » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:18 pm

I got the feeling that Gohan won´t shine anymore, in fact, I think he is being set up for the Gohan we see nine years later at the tournament, he actually looks like him

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:20 pm

Freezerbaby wrote:I got the feeling that Gohan won´t shine anymore, in fact, I think he is being set up for the Gohan we see nine years later at the tournament, he actually looks like him
There was nothing about that gohan that hinted that he didn't train. I agree though.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Freezerbaby
Beyond Newbie

Post by Freezerbaby » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:30 pm

kinisking wrote:
Freezerbaby wrote:I got the feeling that Gohan won´t shine anymore, in fact, I think he is being set up for the Gohan we see nine years later at the tournament, he actually looks like him
There was nothing about that gohan that hinted that he didn't train. I agree though.
I think that the fact that he didn´t take part in the tournament is more than enough to realize that he had given up training for years.