"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Nevaeh » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:45 pm

OLKv3 wrote:I HIGHLY doubt we're getting a new DB series any time soon. Especially in 2020 lmao.
The Dragonball cashcow has never been fatter

I don't know if Toei/Bandai should be applauded or ridiculed if a new series isn't on the air by at least the end of 2019

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:17 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
Rebel Instinct wrote:Even if the discontent is not a majority, if it is large enough, then there's surely something amiss in one way or another. As the old adage goes, "There's no smoke without fire." The sheer sustained volume of criticism that Dragon Ball Super has received over its run is indicative of some severe underlying issues. Trying to shift the blame onto the fans themselves is disingenuous and gives Super too much leeway as a product.
You said that there's no pleasing everyone and then you say that if a minority is complaining, that should be addressed? This sounds really biased against Super. Super isn't a bad product by default, no matter what people might try to make you believe. It has issues just like everything else (and the past series, of course) but the evidence we have is that the majority is pleased with it, not the contrary.

The "sheer sustained volume of criticism" comes from just some fans, a vocal minority. Why should their opinion have any weight if most of them show they aren't even critically thinking about what they are complaining? The majority of complaints come from fans being ignorant about how an anime is put together, misunderstandings (from what the show is telling them, synopses, etc), knee-jerk reactions and just poor reasoning all around. So yes, the fans are responsible by how they conduct themselves and it just seems there are many of them complaining because that minority keeps parroting eachother over and over again.

The anime is aimed at children but I didn't think the adult fanbase would play the part so seriously.
No, there is legitimate criticism of the show that is true. Its inconsistent characterization, it not living up to the expectations that itself lies down or poor powerscaling.

But then there is the dumb stuff, like Goku getting the spotlight even though he is main character and he started this even in GT, i never had a problem because he was the best character in that show or anger at characters at people getting stronger offscreen even though piccolo did the exact same thing I'm the saiyan saga.

Super will be more hated than loved in the future, i gurantee that, but in time that many of super's flaws are z's flaws magnified.

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:42 pm

Rebel Instinct wrote:
Guesswhoo wrote:I'm sad about DBS ending but seeing the current state of the DB fanbase, I think it is for the best, and to this day I still think that DBS failing in the eyes of many is mainly related to the audience and fanbase. I think that every decision made by DBS was followed by a large wave of undeserved criticism (on Youtube or other platform) and the writer didn't know what to do to make fan happy anymore:

-Give 2nd and 3rd party character some shining moment ? ---> "They overstay their welcome", "Power level are bullshit, they should be one shotted", "where is Goku or Vegeta", "Goku or Vegeta should have One shot these enemies instead of wasting time of other character , another proof of DBS s*** writing",...

-Return the focus to Goku and Vegeta ? ---> " Here we go again, the Goku and Vegeta show !", "The reason why I hate DBS is because it doesn't give other character their time to shine", ...

-Making reference to the OG DB ? ---> "That is so unoriginal", "Those s** are just copy pasted on DBZ, so laaame", ...

There are many more to tell but my point is that a serie is destined to fail when its fan desperately want the serie to appeal to what they think DB is (Is it a just a show about dumb fighting or comedy gold or dumb transformation ?) or when they want it to be a modern anime with Dragon Ball name on it.

With that set of mind, we cannot see the true purpose of the show or what the show want to be and instead focusing on what we want the show to be next. That is one of the reason why so many sequel or remake fail. I don't tell them to like the show because it has a purpose, I want them to consider what the show wanted to be and respecting that before throwing their preference instead of the usual anime critics for beginner package AKA " bad writing, no deep meaning, no edgy, no badass, not MADHOUSE/ Bones, no dark story, no social symbolism, no deep life lesson like LifU is WhAt yu wAnt it tU Be...".
Normally, I'm not the type to post cheap meme responses, but I couldn't help but be reminded of this one.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances ... -wrong.jpg

Why should people take DBS's writing at face value and accept its decisions in a vacuum? The most common complaints aren't really a case of fans wanting Super to live up to the standards set by modern anime either, it's largely the sense that it doesn't quite measure up to the standards set by its predecessors. The Dragon Ball series laid out a decades long foundation and Super was expected to maintain that foundation. The series may want to do its own thing, but it should still be beholden to the rules of it's predecessors unless it provides ample justification for diverging from them. Unless you intend to reboot a series entirely or otherwise go back to square one, you have to build off of what came before and not undermine the parameters set by its foundation. This is the concept of narrative consistency and it's a standard by which media is routinely judged.

This notion that a sequel should not be judged by the bar set by it's predecessors, but rather by what it attempts to do on its own, is flawed. Respecting what a series is attempting to do is one thing and taking a series in a fresh new direction can be a commendable choice, but when continuing off of a well established foundation (let alone one as iconic as Dragon Ball) with it's own rules, mechanics, sensibilities and balances, you have to respect that if you want to maintain its integrity going forward and any radical changes have to be given a solid in-universe reason for the shift in dynamic.

Not everyone wants the same thing or has the same expectations for what makes a series good - this is a given. The idea of an "unpleasable fanbase" is nonsense. A "fanbase" is not a singular entity that can be appeased. By definition, there is no media in existence that can please everybody. Someone will always be disappointed. What should be taken into consideration is the degree of discontent that arises from a decision and what that means for the series. Even if the discontent is not a majority, if it is large enough, then there's surely something amiss in one way or another. As the old adage goes, "There's no smoke without fire." The sheer sustained volume of criticism that Dragon Ball Super has received over its run is indicative of some severe underlying issues. Trying to shift the blame onto the fans themselves is disingenuous and gives Super too much leeway as a product.

Many of Super's biggest criticisms are universally shared by a large number of people and many who love the series as it is still acknowledge these shortcomings despite not being personally turned off by them. This should prove that it's not just people being unreasonable over nothing, it's a sign of legitimate problems with the series. GT is an example where the decisions made caused the community at large to turn against it. Should one disregard the issues people had with GT and instead blame them for not accepting it for what it tried to do? No. While more severe than the reaction to Super, obviously the series had some real problems that instigated the reception it got. I say this as someone who actually unironically enjoyed GT. Super has some glaring issues and outside of a handful of exaggerated claims and nitpicks, I feel like the criticism it has received thus far has been almost entirely deserved.
I strongly agree with pretty much everything you said. Most of the issues that occur are universal issues throughout the fandom. Half the time it doesn’t even feel as if the people working on the series are actual fans. Super comes across as a side project series. Something they didn’t put all their energy into perfecting.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:02 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:
Rebel Instinct wrote:
Guesswhoo wrote:I'm sad about DBS ending but seeing the current state of the DB fanbase, I think it is for the best, and to this day I still think that DBS failing in the eyes of many is mainly related to the audience and fanbase. I think that every decision made by DBS was followed by a large wave of undeserved criticism (on Youtube or other platform) and the writer didn't know what to do to make fan happy anymore:

-Give 2nd and 3rd party character some shining moment ? ---> "They overstay their welcome", "Power level are bullshit, they should be one shotted", "where is Goku or Vegeta", "Goku or Vegeta should have One shot these enemies instead of wasting time of other character , another proof of DBS s*** writing",...

-Return the focus to Goku and Vegeta ? ---> " Here we go again, the Goku and Vegeta show !", "The reason why I hate DBS is because it doesn't give other character their time to shine", ...

-Making reference to the OG DB ? ---> "That is so unoriginal", "Those s** are just copy pasted on DBZ, so laaame", ...

There are many more to tell but my point is that a serie is destined to fail when its fan desperately want the serie to appeal to what they think DB is (Is it a just a show about dumb fighting or comedy gold or dumb transformation ?) or when they want it to be a modern anime with Dragon Ball name on it.

With that set of mind, we cannot see the true purpose of the show or what the show want to be and instead focusing on what we want the show to be next. That is one of the reason why so many sequel or remake fail. I don't tell them to like the show because it has a purpose, I want them to consider what the show wanted to be and respecting that before throwing their preference instead of the usual anime critics for beginner package AKA " bad writing, no deep meaning, no edgy, no badass, not MADHOUSE/ Bones, no dark story, no social symbolism, no deep life lesson like LifU is WhAt yu wAnt it tU Be...".
Normally, I'm not the type to post cheap meme responses, but I couldn't help but be reminded of this one.

Why should people take DBS's writing at face value and accept its decisions in a vacuum? The most common complaints aren't really a case of fans wanting Super to live up to the standards set by modern anime either, it's largely the sense that it doesn't quite measure up to the standards set by its predecessors. The Dragon Ball series laid out a decades long foundation and Super was expected to maintain that foundation. The series may want to do its own thing, but it should still be beholden to the rules of it's predecessors unless it provides ample justification for diverging from them. Unless you intend to reboot a series entirely or otherwise go back to square one, you have to build off of what came before and not undermine the parameters set by its foundation. This is the concept of narrative consistency and it's a standard by which media is routinely judged.

This notion that a sequel should not be judged by the bar set by it's predecessors, but rather by what it attempts to do on its own, is flawed. Respecting what a series is attempting to do is one thing and taking a series in a fresh new direction can be a commendable choice, but when continuing off of a well established foundation (let alone one as iconic as Dragon Ball) with it's own rules, mechanics, sensibilities and balances, you have to respect that if you want to maintain its integrity going forward and any radical changes have to be given a solid in-universe reason for the shift in dynamic.

Not everyone wants the same thing or has the same expectations for what makes a series good - this is a given. The idea of an "unpleasable fanbase" is nonsense. A "fanbase" is not a singular entity that can be appeased. By definition, there is no media in existence that can please everybody. Someone will always be disappointed. What should be taken into consideration is the degree of discontent that arises from a decision and what that means for the series. Even if the discontent is not a majority, if it is large enough, then there's surely something amiss in one way or another. As the old adage goes, "There's no smoke without fire." The sheer sustained volume of criticism that Dragon Ball Super has received over its run is indicative of some severe underlying issues. Trying to shift the blame onto the fans themselves is disingenuous and gives Super too much leeway as a product.

Many of Super's biggest criticisms are universally shared by a large number of people and many who love the series as it is still acknowledge these shortcomings despite not being personally turned off by them. This should prove that it's not just people being unreasonable over nothing, it's a sign of legitimate problems with the series. GT is an example where the decisions made caused the community at large to turn against it. Should one disregard the issues people had with GT and instead blame them for not accepting it for what it tried to do? No. While more severe than the reaction to Super, obviously the series had some real problems that instigated the reception it got. I say this as someone who actually unironically enjoyed GT. Super has some glaring issues and outside of a handful of exaggerated claims and nitpicks, I feel like the criticism it has received thus far has been almost entirely deserved.
I strongly agree with pretty much everything you said. Most of the issues that occur are universal issues throughout the fandom. Half the time it doesn’t even feel as if the people working on the series are actual fans. Super comes across as a side project series. Something they didn’t put all their energy into perfecting.
If it was universal, we wouldn't be having fanwars every week.

Super is polarizing, my friend. Thats the opposite of universal.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:14 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
precita wrote:The series can only continue if they move to EOZ
I agree, but would Toriyama bold enough to against he said before about not wanting to write a story after that because the cast was too old?
He also said that he didnt plan for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus for a long time in 2016 iirc, and now in 2018 Goku has completely surpassed Beerus.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:26 pm

perucho1990 wrote:He also said that he didnt plan for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus for a long time in 2016 iirc, and now in 2018 Goku has completely surpassed Beerus.
He didn't specify any time period.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:29 pm

Hawk9211 wrote:Coincidence or not?Look at the rug.
That looks so much like the ToP ring I find it hard to believe it isn't a coincidence, though I also find it hard to believe they would base the ring off that rug... lol

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:30 pm

He said it 20 years ago at the time he was sick and tired of the franchise anyway. Plus a nice truck of money parked at his house courtesy of Toei/Bandai and I'm sure he can be convinced to change his mind...

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:42 pm

Liquir wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:No new episode today?
No episode this week.Tokyo Marathon is being broadcast on FujiTV.
https://twitter.com/Terez27/status/954370550016638977
Only possibility is we get week-long Preview Images like we did with Episode 122, tho with uncertainty of it happening.
Oh thanks for the info man
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Rebel Instinct
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rebel Instinct » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:35 pm

Guesswhoo wrote:snip
To clarify my comment about "unpleasable fanbases", My intention wasn't to say that they don't exist. They actually very much do exist. Rather, what I meant was that since every sequel/prequel/interquel alienates some portion of the community in some way, all fanbases are, by technicality, never entirely pleasable. Since no fandom is ever totally satisfied, this makes the label of "unpleasable" kind of redundant. A bit pedantic I suppose, but using the term "unpleasable fanbase" also typically carries demeaning generalizing connotations.

I think a more fair and accurate descriptor would be "divided". There is usually something of a prevailing community consensus regarding whether or not a product is considered "good" or "bad". It's generally very easy to tell what that consensus is and all it usually takes is a cursory look into a few communities dedicated to the subject to make it readily apparent. But if one were to come into any given online Dragon Ball community, they'd find the reception to be very mixed - mostly leaning toward positive, but more mixed than a content community usually is on average. I think that this is the problem you're getting at when you said this:
Guesswhoo wrote:when the fanbase become a broken one and each of the piece gets a non negligible part of support
If I understood your point correctly here, then I think we are in agreement on this - with one caveat. With the community as badly split up as it is, I feel that this is indicative of underlying issues with the series itself rather than fans setting their standards too high. I wouldn't place blame on the fans themselves for having such diametrically opposed opinions on the series. Instead, I feel like the notion of Super not entirely living up to the expectations set up by it's predecessors has weight to it. If it were indeed as faithful to the mechanics of Z as one should expect it to be, I feel like the divisions wouldn't be nearly as stark. There would naturally be the typical amount of people unhappy with it, but the fighting and arguing would be much less pronounced. The community would be a much more calm and pleasant place to be.

Now, if I've discerned your stance on character usage in Super correctly, I believe we're in agreement here as well. Properly utilizing the available cast of characters has been an issue with Dragon Ball in the past. That said, despite many members of the cast losing their prominence over time, they were still occasionally made use of in tertiary roles and most arcs managed to competently juggle a fairly large cast of characters. The problem, as you say, comes from hammering the weaker characters into roles they don't really fit into without ample justification. Inorganically boosting the power of weaker characters to make them viable or having them perform above their weight class causes problems among the community. Many would be perfectly happy to see the other characters return to prominent roles again (if the hype for the Tournament of Power is any indication), The problem comes from not ensuring that the reasons for their inclusion are properly addressed or that their performance abides by the mechanics the series has established. If you can accomplish that, I feel like bringing back characters like Krillin or Tien to fight on the front line again would be more well received.
alakazam^ wrote:
Rebel Instinct wrote:Even if the discontent is not a majority, if it is large enough, then there's surely something amiss in one way or another. As the old adage goes, "There's no smoke without fire." The sheer sustained volume of criticism that Dragon Ball Super has received over its run is indicative of some severe underlying issues. Trying to shift the blame onto the fans themselves is disingenuous and gives Super too much leeway as a product.
You said that there's no pleasing everyone and then you say that if a minority is complaining, that should be addressed? This sounds really biased against Super. Super isn't a bad product by default, no matter what people might try to make you believe. It has issues just like everything else (and the past series, of course) but the evidence we have is that the majority is pleased with it, not the contrary.

The "sheer sustained volume of criticism" comes from just some fans, a vocal minority. Why should their opinion have any weight if most of them show they aren't even critically thinking about what they are complaining? The majority of complaints come from fans being ignorant about how an anime is put together, misunderstandings (from what the show is telling them, synopses, etc), knee-jerk reactions and just poor reasoning all around. So yes, the fans are responsible by how they conduct themselves and it just seems there are many of them complaining because that minority keeps parroting eachother over and over again.

The anime is aimed at children but I didn't think the adult fanbase would play the part so seriously.
What I meant by my statements regarding pleasing people and considering complaints is this: There is no piece of media which can make everyone happy. There will always be disappointed consumers. However, if the amount of backlash is larger than what is typically expected on average, then it's probably worth being taken into consideration. Normally, there isn't enough backlash to significantly splinter a community or cause the amount of community infighting to rise. This isn't coming from a place of bias against Super as a whole, since I actually quite enjoy the manga interpretation of the series. My point is that the effect that Super has had on the Dragon Ball community is no small commotion to be easily dismissed.

Community minorities are not all created equal and minority complaints are often still significant enough to create a meaningful impact. A prime example would be patches in video games. When a gaming community complains about imbalances or glitches that need to be fixed, these complaints almost invariably come from a minority of players. Yet. despite being a vocal minority relative to a silent majority of satisfied customers, that minority's issues are often taken into consideration by the developers if their contingent is significant enough in size. An opinion doesn't have to be shared by the majority in order for it to have legitimacy. Being part of a majority does not mean one's opinions hold more or less weight than those in the minority or signify that the product isn't significantly flawed. That would be considered an Ad Populum fallacy.

You're overly quick to dismiss those unhappy with the writing of Super as being a tiny, insignificant amount of people and go even further to describe these people as also being mostly outright wrong or too ignorant to know what they are talking about. You seem to be under the impression that the majority of complaints are totally invalid or otherwise have no value, but how did you go about accurately quantifying the "validity" of the complainers' opinions and reactions? How did you determine the number of invalid complaints relative to valid complaints? Is it an objective metric or is it based on how you personally felt? There is no doubt that the majority of people are accepting of Super in general - the viewership/sales statistics reflect that. However, that doesn't mean that the relative minority don't have a point when they voice complaints. Even those who are happy with Super still share some of the same complaints The minority shouldn't be swept under the rug simply because the series is popular or successful.
alakazam^ wrote:The anime is aimed at children but I didn't think the adult fanbase would play the part so seriously.
Making intentionally insulting remarks like this accomplishes nothing but stirring up anger and resentment. It's unnecessary and only makes things worse.
The post-Super fandom has ruined my love for Dragon Ball.

TheOtherDude
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheOtherDude » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:20 pm

Totamo wrote:
TheOtherDude wrote:
Rebel Instinct wrote:

Despite some of the divides in the fandom, you mean to tell me there’s not a single thing most people agree upon as far as criticism? I think everyone ultimately just wants In Universe consistency and quality animation. And for that to happen, you’d need everyone all on the same page when it comes to the series. Putting amateur animators on the biggest cash grab series you have was not a smart idea. Letting Toei take too much artistic liberties in a 20+ year old series in a series that had a specific foundation set was not a smart idea. They allowed too much wiggle room for Toei instead of having a manga counterpart to follow.

You can’t forget that some of us have watched the entire dragon ball series countless times before Super appeared. There were certain things that couldn’t happen and could happen. Just a quick example. When watching dragon ball and Z back to back, you could easily assess that chiaotzu and Roshi were way too far behind to ever catch up to the rest of the Z fighters after king piccolo, raditz, Ginyu Force etc. The gaps got larger and larger. You knew certain characters wouldn’t stand a chance against other characters. Now with the introduction of Super, Roshi is somehow able to make Tien look like a chump, even though he surpassed him in dragon ball. Half the fandom says it’s BS that Roshi gets this treatment. The other half says it’s perfectly fine since he was apparently “training” this entire time. You can’t reduce this by saying “it was all head cannon”.

It’s stuff like this that frustrate people who want a more accurate follow up with Z and others are okay with whatever you put in front of them. If they said Roshi was actually part saiyan, I guarantee you some people would come up with all kinds of reasons why it was obvious he was.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:40 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:
Totamo wrote:
TheOtherDude wrote:

Despite some of the divides in the fandom, you mean to tell me there’s not a single thing most people agree upon as far as criticism? I think everyone ultimately just wants In Universe consistency and quality animation. And for that to happen, you’d need everyone all on the same page when it comes to the series. Putting amateur animators on the biggest cash grab series you have was not a smart idea. Letting Toei take too much artistic liberties in a 20+ year old series in a series that had a specific foundation set was not a smart idea. They allowed too much wiggle room for Toei instead of having a manga counterpart to follow.

You can’t forget that some of us have watched the entire dragon ball series countless times before Super appeared. There were certain things that couldn’t happen and could happen. Just a quick example. When watching dragon ball and Z back to back, you could easily assess that chiaotzu and Roshi were way too far behind to ever catch up to the rest of the Z fighters after king piccolo, raditz, Ginyu Force etc. The gaps got larger and larger. You knew certain characters wouldn’t stand a chance against other characters. Now with the introduction of Super, Roshi is somehow able to make Tien look like a chump, even though he surpassed him in dragon ball. Half the fandom says it’s BS that Roshi gets this treatment. The other half says it’s perfectly fine since he was apparently “training” this entire time. You can’t reduce this by saying “it was all head cannon”.

It’s stuff like this that frustrate people who want a more accurate follow up with Z and others are okay with whatever you put in front of them. If they said Roshi was actually part saiyan, I guarantee you some people would come up with all kinds of reasons why it was obvious he was.
If you know people would defend it than how is it universal?

a lot of people were actually kind of glad they threw the power scale out when it came to the humans because otherwise we have to reuse the same plot devices that was in z which would have been called unoriginal or just not have them at all which would have angered that section of the fandom.

A lot of people did watch z and some people weren't exactly happy with what it did to some characters or franchise. Case in point: transformations. While ball had them, they were never a plot device for the heroes to abuse. Z changed that forever.

There is no such thing as universal agreed, there is general consensus but we don't really know what that is because we have too many young kids who don't care as long as things are cool and too many old fans who want super to be geared more towards their crowd.

Thats why super is so polarizing. No one really knows how the fandom really feels about it.

As for quality animation, super has had that, i think you mean consistent quality animation and this is a long running show and Toei has more products now than before so thats not possible. Like have have you seen one piece, the dressrosa arc made many drop.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:12 pm

TheOtherDude wrote:
Totamo wrote:
TheOtherDude wrote:

Despite some of the divides in the fandom, you mean to tell me there’s not a single thing most people agree upon as far as criticism? I think everyone ultimately just wants In Universe consistency and quality animation. And for that to happen, you’d need everyone all on the same page when it comes to the series. Putting amateur animators on the biggest cash grab series you have was not a smart idea. Letting Toei take too much artistic liberties in a 20+ year old series in a series that had a specific foundation set was not a smart idea.
Can this statement just die. The person who said that comment on amatuer animators isn't even in Toei, much less on Super.

Hell, even in the context his referring to, namely episode 5, all the animators on that episode had been in the industry for at least 1-2 years at a minimum, and even then those people were at the buttom of the staff list, meaning that they didn't really contribute much to the episode.

We've even had veteran Dragonball animators like Shida come out and openly saying that they're young animators are all really talented.

The biggest problem with Super's production, was that they screwd in the most basic terms of scheduling, making the show have time noticeable time-constraints on animators that are still in effect.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:24 pm

Whenever the next series starts. I hope Toriyama either goes all in or backs off completely . None of this outline crap he’s doing that relies on Toyo and Toei to fill in tons of blanks.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:45 pm

Why the fuck aren’t they releasing any images/screenshots of Goku’s Mastered Ultra Instinct state? It’s saturday night and i was at least expecting their Twitter account to release some images to hype us up for next weeks episode and also to compensate for the fact that we have no episode tonight. I was waiting all week for this and still nothing! So when will they release some cool MUI Goku screenshots?

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:11 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:Whenever the next series starts. I hope Toriyama either goes all in or backs off completely . None of this outline crap he’s doing that relies on Toyo and Toei to fill in tons of blanks.
I doubt you are going to get that. Toriyama is 62.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:53 pm

Totamo wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:Whenever the next series starts. I hope Toriyama either goes all in or backs off completely . None of this outline crap he’s doing that relies on Toyo and Toei to fill in tons of blanks.
Then he should step away and let Toei/Toyo do it without him. We can hope they learned from their mistakes from GT/AF. I hope so

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:32 am

Totamo wrote:
That's plenty young enough to write a story.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:36 am

ToshioWrites wrote:
Totamo wrote:
Then he should step away and let Toei/Toyo do it without him. We can hope they learned from their mistakes from GT/AF. I hope so
You compared GT to AF...
I... I can’t right now

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:11 am

Last edited by Liquir on Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.