"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Ushabtis » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:33 pm

How did i forget about Jaco. He needs to be a large supporting character
Jaco the Super Elite with The Great Saiyaman fighting crime for a spin-off series. Make it happen Toriyama

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:35 pm

Ushabtis wrote:How did i forget about Jaco. He needs to be a large supporting character
Jaco really needs to be involved in something major in Dragon Ball Super. He is just too awesome and funny of a character to be sitting on the sidelines.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:36 pm

I wouldn't want Jaco to just be shoehorned in, though. If it doesn't concern the Galactic Patrol, then I'm not sure why he'd come.

Unless Kuririn & Jaco fight crime every-so-often in U7 while everyone else is fighting in U6.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:42 pm

He(Jaco) could show up to say that inter-universal traveling is illegal. How will they travel? Bulma to build a machine or will it be a God's thing.

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:43 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Jaco really needs to be involved in something major in Dragon Ball Super. He is just too awesome and funny of a character to be sitting on the sidelines.
agreed he is easily one of my favorite characters toriyama has ever made and the thought of him being a large-ish character in Super would be awesome
Doctor. wrote:I wouldn't want Jaco to just be shoehorned in, though. If it doesn't concern the Galactic Patrol, then I'm not sure why he'd come.
I agree that he shouldn't be shoehorned in. That'd be dumb but making a reason for him to be in the show wouldn't be too hard at all. for example Whis got in trouble with the whole reverse time thing in ROF so Galactic patrol puts in under watch and Jaco gets the job.
Jaco the Super Elite with The Great Saiyaman fighting crime for a spin-off series. Make it happen Toriyama

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:44 pm

It was said Beerus and Whis are series regulars for Super so I'm pretty sure they're going as well. I don't see how Goku and company would even get there without them. I doubt you can just travel to another universe via a space ship.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:48 pm

Also guessing Whis is the one who can help them travel to Universe 6.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Captain Space
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Captain Space » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:50 pm

Birusu16 wrote:It was said Beerus and Whis are series regulars for Super so I'm pretty sure they're going as well. I don't see how Goku and company would even get there without them. I doubt you can just travel to another universe via a space ship.
Probably not, but...

This is not exactly a series bound by hard science and the laws of reality XD
"Actually I didn’t know what Bulma’s real hair color was" --Toriyama

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:51 pm

Birusu16 wrote:It was said Beerus and Whis are series regulars for Super so I'm pretty sure they're going as well. I don't see how Goku and company would even get there without them. I doubt you can just travel to another universe via a space ship.
They could use the spaceship as base of operations/home while they explore Universe 6.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:57 pm

the thought of the Galactic patrol not having a ship that can travel between dimensions is silly to me.

but at this point though, I'm just trying to come up with reasons for Jaco to show up...when there really is no reason for him to. :cry:

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:01 pm

Is it just me, or have they made SSG Goku more muscular for Super?

Assuming that's art for the new "Super Beerus Arc" for Heroes.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:07 pm

Ushabtis wrote:the thought of the Galactic patrol not having a ship that can travel between dimensions is silly to me.

but at this point though, I'm just trying to come up with reasons for Jaco to show up...when there really is no reason for him to. :cry:
It wouldn't surprise me at all. For an organization that's supposed to patrol the mortal universe, they apparently think of Beerus as nothing more than a myth. Seeing how it was gods that revealed the whole 12 Universe situation, it seems like something that might not be on the Galactic Patrol's radar. Actually, at this point, I'd be surprised if they even knew about the afterlife and its gods, Makai and any of that stuff from their own universe...
UpFromTheSkies wrote:Is it just me, or have they made SSG Goku more muscular for Super?

It is, but almost all promotional art for Heroes originates as card art. Case in point, that big splash image is actually used in the background of the SSG Goku card they are promoting. Just like everything else with Heroes art, they are not always on model: colors can be wrong, designs can be messed up, etc. Don't take it as evidence of anything.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:10 pm

Well, the Galactic Patrol were the first to hear of Freeza's revival, ahead of any of the Kaio, Kaioshin or even Whis.

I think it's far-fetched to think they'd have a machine to travel between universes, or that they even know there are more than one, though.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:11 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote:Is it just me, or have they made SSG Goku more muscular for Super?

Honestly they spend a lot of time(?) trying to hide his arms in official ssjg Gokû art. Stuff for VJump, stuff for Heroes; they almost always pose him so you can't see his arms all that well (it's kind of entertaining to me to watch them try); which is what I think the above is part of.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:12 pm

Doctor. wrote:Well, the Galactic Patrol were the first to hear of Freeza's revival, ahead of any of the Kaio, Kaioshin or even Whis.
Likely because their job is to protect the universe, and they probably kept tabs on the organization even after Freeza's defeat because they were still causing a ruckus. So his return would eventually end up on their radar, while the gods have other things to attend to.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:15 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:It wouldn't surprise me at all. For an organization that's supposed to patrol the mortal universe, they apparently think of Beerus as nothing more than a myth. Seeing how it was gods that revealed the whole 12 Universe situation, it seems like something that might not be on the Galactic Patrol's radar. Actually, at this point, I'd be surprised if they even knew about the afterlife and its gods, Makai and any of that stuff from their own universe...
Well we've really only have seen Galactic patrol through Jaco, and he crashed his ship into the moon watching netflix so you know grain of salt really. I think its safe to assume there is some high level players in the Galactic patrol. Jaco says he's super elite but I can say I'm a polar bear, doesn't make it true. :lol:

BeholdeR

Post by BeholdeR » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:17 pm

Anyone think some of the maincast might actually stay in the universe 6 for ever?

For example, if Piccolo goes there, he might meet someone/or just stay there.

Or we might get someone from the universe 6 to come back with the gang and stay in universe 7?
fadeddreams5 wrote:If Gohan fights, he is 100% getting knocked the **** out.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:20 pm

BeholdeR wrote:Anyone think some of the maincast might actually stay in the universe 6 for ever?

For example, if Piccolo goes there, he might meet someone/or just stay there.

Or we might get someone from the universe 6 to come back with the gang and stay in universe 7?
It's possible, but I hope they don't get rid of Piccolo, if anything I'd like to see him become more relevant. I can't see him wanting to travel to other universes, though, especially not with a group of people, unless his presence is absolutely necessary.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:24 pm

soulnova wrote:who do you think will come along for the trip to Universe 6?
Based on the poster : Goku,Vegeta&Piccolo.

Beerus and whis were announced as regulars so you can add them to the cast as well.
Last edited by sintzu on Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:24 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Ushabtis wrote:the thought of the Galactic patrol not having a ship that can travel between dimensions is silly to me.

It wouldn't surprise me at all. For an organization that's supposed to patrol the mortal universe, they apparently think of Beerus as nothing more than a myth. Seeing how it was gods that revealed the whole 12 Universe situation, it seems like something that might not be on the Galactic Patrol's radar. Actually, at this point, I'd be surprised if they even knew about the afterlife and its gods, Makai and any of that stuff from their own universe...

It is, but almost all promotional art for Heroes originates as card art. Case in point, that big splash image is actually used in the background of the SSG Goku card they are promoting. Just like everything else with Heroes art, they are not always on model: colors can be wrong, designs can be messed up, etc. Don't take it as evidence of anything.
You're right, it probably doesn't mean anything, but I'm hoping it is evidence they are going to tweak his design a bit. Skinny Goku is the only thing I don't really like about BoG, and whenever I watch it I try to ignore it and tell myself he's not that skinny, but he really looks like a teenager.