"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:44 pm

About the next episodes synopsis:

- Man, finally Gohan is doing something, it was pretty boring to watch him stick with the rest of the gang and do nothing, but against U10 scrubs? They are basically the punchbag of this tourny :problem:

- Goku and Hit teamwork remembers me of Goku and Piccolo in early DBZ, although I don't like how he fights more often alongside people from U6 than from his own universe.

Zamasu55 wrote:I'm sick of U7 and U6, they need to focus on other universes too.
My thoughts exactly. It's like they don't know what to do with other universes, I don't care seeing random warriors fighting against each other, it would be good than the usual universes we already know about punching everyone guts.
Chuquita wrote:I know I'll be disappointed if it's yet another ssj1 recolor. The look in the teaser poster is so much nicer imo.
Yea, I'm expecting for something unique a long time ago, is that hard to do a new form which changes the appearance significantly than just a crap hair recolor?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:47 pm

JulianStyles wrote:What I find most interesting is no U7 eliminations mentioned. Krillin gets eliminated episode 99. Episode 104 and not a second person out? How badly and quickly did Akira want Krillin out?
He wanted him out pretty badly since he wanted 18 to team up with 17.
Noah wrote:About the next episodes synopsis:

- Man, finally Gohan is doing something, it was pretty boring to watch him stick with the rest of the gang and do nothing, but against U10 scrubs? They are basically the punchbag of this tourny :problem:

- Goku and Hit teamwork remembers me of Goku and Piccolo in early DBZ, although I don't like how he fights more often alongside people from U6 than from his own universe.

Zamasu55 wrote:I'm sick of U7 and U6, they need to focus on other universes too.
My thoughts exactly. It's like they don't know what to do with other universes, I don't care seeing random warriors fighting against each other, it would be good than the usual universes we already know about punching everyone guts.
Chuquita wrote:I know I'll be disappointed if it's yet another ssj1 recolor. The look in the teaser poster is so much nicer imo.
Yea, I'm expecting for something unique a long time ago, is that hard to do a new form which changes the appearance significantly than just a crap hair recolor?
When you talk about U6, you mean the saiyajins, right? because, Hitto barely did anything in the tournament so far.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:55 pm

It hasnt hit me till reading all of you guy's comments but.. Gowasu is from U10... I'm not ready to say byebye to Mr.GodTube. I am interested in Cus, I wonder what expression she'll make when U10 goes poof. I also wonder if someone will get thrown out and the summaries are just keeping it a secret, anyways I just want 1 saiyan out! be it Gohan,Vegeta,Cabba,Cauli or Kale. I'm really hyped with Hit and Goku teamwork and who they'll be fighting against, will it be 3 pride troopers or all remaining ones including Jiren?
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Chill man Sans it won't be :lol: All the marketing from Toei so far implies Goku does it on his own "break new ground" etc!
I hope you're right mate, those 6 saiyans still in the ring and incidentally one of those stubborn girls that can boss the other girl around now owes Goku a debt for not throwing them out of the ring when he had the perfect opportunity to do so makes me paranoid, its why I want 1 saiyan out of the ring, to remove the possibiity of it :lol: I want Goku to gain a new form via like what happened with SSJ3 (him just keeping it a secret) or he unlocks it midway like SSJ. I give more importance to how they get the form rather than what it will look like as whatever it may look will inevitably grow on me.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:12 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:It hasnt hit me till reading all of you guy's comments but.. Gowasu is from U10... I'm not ready to say byebye to Mr.GodTube. I am interested in Cus, I wonder what expression she'll make when U10 goes poof.
I'm betting she holding a camera when u10 is erased
Mostly active on discord.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:12 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:What I find most interesting is no U7 eliminations mentioned. Krillin gets eliminated episode 99. Episode 104 and not a second person out? How badly and quickly did Akira want Krillin out?
Or maybe because these summaries are a couple lines for a 20 minute episode... wait until the actual episodes with actual context and actual things happening air before coming up with judgments like this.
When Krillin was eliminated in episode 99 it was mentioned in the summary for episode 100. The show is centered around U7. I'm sure if they were down a fighter it would mention it even if they didnt name the person.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:16 pm

JulianStyles wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Or maybe because these summaries are a couple lines for a 20 minute episode... wait until the actual episodes with actual context and actual things happening air before coming up with judgments like this.
When Krillin was eliminated in episode 99 it was mentioned in the summary for episode 100. The show is centered around U7. I'm sure if they were down a fighter it would mention it even if they didnt name the person.
These summaries also aren't as detailed as others as they squeezed two in instead of the usual one. Besides I think they were just making it a point as it was the first elimination.

Vegeta123
Banned

Post by Vegeta123 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:26 pm

JulianStyles wrote:
Vegeta123 wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote: How do you know that they aren't doing anything?
because spoilers didn't say so. And i know the writers won't do anything with them. They are more than useless.
You alright there buddy? Sounds like you have some misplaced vendetta. Also may have trouble reading. Epsiode 103 says "Gohan and U7 warriors" whos with Gohan? Oh yea Roshi, Tien and Piccolo. So most likely those so called useless characters will be in the fight. How does putting down U7 fighters help your fandom for Vegeta?
There is a reason why they said "Gohan and U7", because those other useless fodder aren't worth mentioning. Tien knows his place so i don't hate him. Roshi is funny sometimes, but that green slug i hate most....tall for nothing waste of space because he doesn't know his place. let vegeta shove chopsticks down his throat that damn yoshi.

the writers already put down the other u7 fighters by making them worthless in the plot so I'm just verbalizing how they feel about them because they won't say it.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:32 pm

Vegeta123 wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:
Vegeta123 wrote:
because spoilers didn't say so. And i know the writers won't do anything with them. They are more than useless.
You alright there buddy? Sounds like you have some misplaced vendetta. Also may have trouble reading. Epsiode 103 says "Gohan and U7 warriors" whos with Gohan? Oh yea Roshi, Tien and Piccolo. So most likely those so called useless characters will be in the fight. How does putting down U7 fighters help your fandom for Vegeta?
There is a reason why they said "Gohan and U7", because those other useless fodder aren't worth mentioning. Tien knows his place so i don't hate him. Roshi is funny sometimes, but that green slug i hate most....tall for nothing waste of space because he doesn't know his place. let vegeta shove chopsticks down his throat that damn yoshi.

the writers already put down the other u7 fighters by making them worthless in the plot so I'm just verbalizing how they feel about them because they won't say it.
The edge be carefull not to cut yourself with it.You try too hard to be like Vegeta.
Also you hate the slug because he is tall?Damn you even inherited Vegeta's napoleon complex.
Living your life through another person is one thing,living your life through a fictional character that is destinated to be an eternal jobber is even sadder.
Last edited by Whatever on Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:33 pm

Vegeta123 wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:
Vegeta123 wrote:

I'm sure the writers no where each fighter fits. Piccolo will get his feet wet and be impressive before its over. Same with Tien. Roshi already has a hand in 2 eliminations. Not everyone needs to be SSB Vegeta Tier. Dont know why you hate Piccolo hes pretty much the same character as Vegeta only painted green.

Vegeta123
Banned

Post by Vegeta123 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:40 pm

JulianStyles wrote:
Vegeta123 wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:

I'm sure the writers no where each fighter fits. Piccolo will get his feet wet and be impressive before its over. Same with Tien. Roshi already has a hand in 2 eliminations. Not everyone needs to be SSB Vegeta Tier. Dont know why you hate Piccolo hes pretty much the same character as Vegeta only painted green.
He is not the same character as that filthy slug, that is such an insult to vegeta. I won't even say the slug's name he is so beneath it. He should have died long ago when Nappa blasted his ugly pointy eared face. He's nothing more than a mere Namek, nothing more than gohan's shadow. He's not even a character worth drawing.

Vegeta is superior on every level than that slug. stronger, actually has friends and a family, they should take that slug to a zoo, that's where he belongs.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:44 pm

I still think Goku's new Form should be Purple. If i recall correctly, blue + red (Kaioken) = purple.

Swifticuffs
Beyond Newbie

Post by Swifticuffs » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:10 pm

Anyone see the "chocolate leak" yet?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGTo8d5V0AED_-x.jpg:large

As stupid as it sounds, there's a small image of Goku with SSJ Style hair in the upper right corner, yet the hair is red. So.... yeah. Credit to Ken Xyro's twitter, but there's some youtube vids of this now too.

Edit: Also, can't the admins do anything about these two guys going back and forth in every topic about how great or terrible Vegeta is? Aye...

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:12 pm

LOL back to red for whatever reasons...

Super Saiyan BEYOND God Super Saiyan

Super Saiyan God
Saiyan Beyond God
Super Saiyan (Blue) God Super Saiyan

=

Super Saiyan BEYOND God Super Saiyan = Super Saiyan Red

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:27 pm

Swifticuffs wrote:Anyone see the "chocolate leak" yet?

As stupid as it sounds, there's a small image of Goku with SSJ Style hair in the upper right corner, yet the hair is red. So.... yeah. Credit to Ken Xyro's twitter, but there's some youtube vids of this now too.

Edit: Also, can't the admins do anything about these two guys going back and forth in every topic about how great or terrible Vegeta is? Aye...
We've been discussing this for last few pages.

Nasryyy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nasryyy » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:27 pm

I don't know if this has been posted here or not, but i have seen this theory on some sites that this might be the order of elimination, if it's true it's more satisfying than the theory of the ending
as we can see each fighter is holding a dragon ball and look at the stars in each one it might be an indication

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
1-krillin
2-piccolo
3-master roshi
4-tien
5-C-17
6-C-18
7-Freeza
Last edited by Nasryyy on Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:32 pm

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:40 pm

Whatever wrote:
Vegeta123 wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:

The edge be carefull not to cut yourself with it.You try too hard to be like Vegeta.
Also you hate the slug because he is tall?Damn you even inherited Vegeta's napoleon complex.
Living your life through another person is one thing,living your life through a fictional character that is destinated to be an eternal jobber is even sadder.
You know I never got this why do people call vegeta a jobber if you look at his win/lose count he not even close to being one,gohan however!

Vegeta123
Banned

Post by Vegeta123 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:42 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Whatever wrote:
Vegeta123 wrote:

You know I never got this why do people call vegeta a jobber if you look at his win/lose count he not even close to being one,gohan however!
I agree. Vegeta has more kills in the show than goku he is a real warrior....not some brainless clown.

i can't believe he's defending the green slug too who isn't worth defending

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:45 pm

Vegeta123 wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:
Vegeta123 wrote:

He is not the same character as that filthy slug, that is such an insult to vegeta. I won't even say the slug's name he is so beneath it. He should have died long ago when Nappa blasted his ugly pointy eared face. He's nothing more than a mere Namek, nothing more than gohan's shadow. He's not even a character worth drawing.

Vegeta is superior on every level than that slug. stronger, actually has friends and a family, they should take that slug to a zoo, that's where he belongs.
I mean he's not wrong vegeta my favorite character but they really are extremely similar
-Both there fathers were king
-both team up with goku
-both were goku rival
There more but I barely remember the only difference is that vegeta has a family

Swifticuffs
Beyond Newbie

Post by Swifticuffs » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:50 pm

MagmonKai wrote:
Swifticuffs wrote:Anyone see the "chocolate leak" yet?

We've been discussing this for last few pages.
Apologies. I'll browse through next time.