"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:13 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:Fair enough. Does it say that is the ONLY requirement because that isnt how its portrayed at all.
What other requirements are there that the U6 Saiyans didn't fulfill?
Also Vegeta was the strongest Saiyan alive. By definition he was already beyond the average Saiyan...which is a very vague range considering most were weaker than Nappa it would seem and an average is always moving.
This isn't how it works. Even if Vegeta was the current strongest Saiyan, he was still within regular Saiyan levels. This isn't defined by the currently alive Saiyans, it is defined by the nature of the Saiyan race.
Plus Goten and Trunks in base werent at the level of Namek Goku when they gained SSJ.
Goten & Trunks are stated to be special cases. Check my original post again.
Okora wrote:I thought Whis also implied that super saiyan wasn't all that uncommon in the past.
What? When did Whis imply that?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:57 pm

MagmonKai wrote:Lol, so Vegeta who is on par with Goku is supposed to lose to Ribrianne an unknown fighter from universe 2? I would hope he would at least be taken out by someone we know is on Goku's level like Toppo. Guys, I don't really see why people think he's going to fall to her. Maybe it's going to be an intense battle, but I don't see him falling to her.

The answer is simple. Some guys here just want Vegeta to be ringed out so badly that they come up with various theories which can prove their point. I don't even like Vegeta that much but I can't really understand the hate for him, lol. He is quite interesting character in comparison to those lackluster guys we have in the TOP.

The better question is - how big is that arena they're fighting on? Shouldn't be there...I dunno, more cramped or sth?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:00 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:Eh ok 17 thats a minus points from me, you dont go attacking someone in the middle of transforming! it wont be entertaining if you take her out like that you noob.
Er... What? A lot of people criticize the main heroes for waiting their enemies transform instead of attacking them from the start. I like that #17 don't give a damn about Brianne and her Teletubbie form, it makes things looks realistic. Hope he gives her a good spanking.
TheSaiyanGod wrote:Can anyone confirm if these synopses are real? Strange no one has spoken of them. I do not know who posted
Episodes 102 - 104

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
:lol:

All these are so predictable that it's lame, hope it's fake. Also I don't think U4 will be erased so easily.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:07 pm

Slaythe wrote:
Yet you did, thank you, cutie pie.
You're most certainly welcome. And you also most certainly sound like you're in character. Sounds like something 17 would say :lol:
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:28 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:Fair enough. Does it say that is the ONLY requirement because that isnt how its portrayed at all.
What other requirements are there that the U6 Saiyans didn't fulfill?
Also Vegeta was the strongest Saiyan alive. By definition he was already beyond the average Saiyan...which is a very vague range considering most were weaker than Nappa it would seem and an average is always moving.
This isn't how it works. Even if Vegeta was the current strongest Saiyan, he was still within regular Saiyan levels. This isn't defined by the currently alive Saiyans, it is defined by the nature of the Saiyan race.
Plus Goten and Trunks in base werent at the level of Namek Goku when they gained SSJ.
Goten & Trunks are stated to be special cases. Check my original post again.
Okora wrote:I thought Whis also implied that super saiyan wasn't all that uncommon in the past.
What? When did Whis imply that?
1) I'm not saying they shouldnt have gotten in. I'm saying it should have taken longer than ten seconds.

2) How do we know what the average Saiyan level is? Its an assumption either way.

3) If there are special cases it isnt a requirement because the rule has been violated.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:33 pm

Noah wrote:
All these are so predictable that it's lame, hope it's fake. Also I don't think U4 will be erased so easily.
[/quote]
We know for a fact they're fake.
Last edited by ArchedThunder on Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:42 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:I'm not saying they shouldnt have gotten in. I'm saying it should have taken longer than ten seconds.
Why? They have already trained their asses through the years, and they were told how to do it.
How do we know what the average Saiyan level is? Its an assumption either way.
It's not an assumption, the manga stated it's between 30.000 & 60.000. The U6 Saiyans are far beyond that level.
If there are special cases it isnt a requirement because the rule has been violated.
Only for Goten & Trunks.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:59 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:I'm not saying they shouldnt have gotten in. I'm saying it should have taken longer than ten seconds.
Why? They have already trained their asses through the years, and they were told how to do it.
How do we know what the average Saiyan level is? Its an assumption either way.
It's not an assumption, the manga stated it's between 30.000 & 60.000. The U6 Saiyans are far beyond that level.
If there are special cases it isnt a requirement because the rule has been violated.
Only for Goten & Trunks.
I guess because it just seems like lazy writing is all. You can disagree its fine I respect that.

Why only Goten and Trunks? Either something is a hard rule or it isnt. If there are 2 exceptions there could certainly be many more right?
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

vashter
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by vashter » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:32 am

shadowmaria wrote:E102

He is like *walking* "Hi I'm goku and don't give a fuck who you are"

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:37 am

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Is he fucking prancing through the stage? I imagine 'Sunshine, lolipops and.." playing in the background
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:50 am

Kanassa wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Is he fucking prancing through the stage? I imagine 'Sunshine, lolipops and.." playing in the background
It looks like he's doing that thing where he excitedly runs off to battle someone

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:51 am

Are we sure goku isn't hallucinating?
That's the kind of reaction one wouldn't be giving when you are about to die soon..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:58 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Are we sure goku isn't hallucinating?
That's the kind of reaction one wouldn't be giving when you are about to die soon..
I mean goku is retarded so....

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:44 am

Dragonballgod19 wrote:
If being retarded is the way to stay on top, he sure as hell is doing a damn good job
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:11 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote:
If being retarded is the way to stay on top, he sure as hell is doing a damn good job
Nah he's staying on the top because he's the main character and plot armor

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:12 am

#17 will whoop some rear ends in the upcoming episode (except for Pride Troopers he will probably also beat some henchmen) and then get elliminated by Rebrianne. It would be an interesting twist cuz no one expected #17 to go as a #2 but considering how he despised Krillin because of dropping his guard, this can be actually giving his nose a flick.

And also this stupid theory based on some ending that Vegeta goes down as a #3 would fall apart cuz Tien wouldn't be #2 to go down in that case.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:14 am

Dragonballgod19 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote: I mean goku is retarded so....
Nah he's staying on the top because he's the main character and plot armor
And he is having this mentality because plot as well!

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:25 am

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Is he... skipping through the ring? with a jolly mcdonalds expression on his face? this has been obvious but there is something very wrong with this dude.