"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:01 am

Kaiosama wrote:This story works much better with the main character being the strongest instead of being equal to Vegeta.
Vegeta doesn't have UI nor is he anywhere near Jiren's level who is also way above Toppo. What you want is a GT 2.0 where Goku gets all the screen time and important fights while everyone else just sits in the back and watches.

Goku is already the main character, he's already the strongest and he already gets the big bads for himself but you also want him to get everyone under that ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:25 am

Kaiosama wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:I have no problem with vegeta reaching G.O.D level at all, in fact, with the series ending, vegeta should be able to give any god of destruction a good fight, with goku being the one to surpass G.o.D tier as the main character. But I swear to zeno, that if toppo goes down with 0 eliminations, I’m gonna k-...
Agreed. This story works much better with the main character being the strongest instead of being equal to Vegeta. Anything else would be horrendously bad writing. Vegeta beating Toppo is problematic. He shouldn't be that strong. Honestly in my opinion Toppo should have elminated Vegeta and the others and should beaten Goku into submission until he awakens UI for the final time at full power. Then he could finally have the main event fight we've all been waiting this whole arc after eliminating Toppo to prove he is a threat to Jiren. Mastered UI Goku vs FP Jiren. A fight beyond the Gods. Everyone else needs to be eliminated now because I don't want Goku vs Jiren to only last one episode, nor do I want Vegeta sticking around where he doesn't belong with lame asspull power-ups.

Man, I've seen a lot of fanboys in my life but this guy is biased as heck.

Don't worry, your boy will end up as the strongest character in the franchise yet you still've got some sort of problems with Vegeta being right behind him?

So maybe we should just remove everyone from this franchise and just let Goku hog the entire screentime, battle the strongest and that's it.

Man, some people never cease to amaze me...

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:27 am

sintzu wrote: Goku is already the main character, he's already the strongest and he already gets the big bads for himself but you also want him to get everyone under that ?
Never did he get the big bad in Super. Lost to Hit, arguably never fought Black as well as Vegeta and Trunks did, and Jiren is holding off.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:33 am

Xeogran wrote:
sintzu wrote: Goku is already the main character, he's already the strongest and he already gets the big bads for himself but you also want him to get everyone under that ?
Never did he get the big bad in Super. Lost to Hit, arguably never fought Black as well as Vegeta and Trunks did, and Jiren is holding off.
Goku put on a waaaaaaaaay better show against those 3 than Vegeta did. There's more to good screentime than outright winning a fight or killing the bad guy.

In the original DB it took Goku not 1, not 2 but 3 tournaments to become the world champion but are you going to say he didn't get the big fights in the first 2 because he didn't win them ?

Against Freeza on Namek it was Freeza's attack that took him down in the end but are you going to say he didn't get the big bad there because it wasn't his attack that cut him in half ? Or that he didn't get Buu because he had a bit of help ?

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:02 am

sintzu wrote:
Kaiosama wrote:This story works much better with the main character being the strongest instead of being equal to Vegeta.
Vegeta doesn't have UI nor is he anywhere near Jiren's level who is also way above Toppo. What you want is a GT 2.0 where Goku gets all the screen time and important fights while everyone else just sits in the back and watches.

Goku is already the main character, he's already the strongest and he already gets the big bads for himself but you also want him to get everyone under that ?
I think he's still upset that Vegeta didn't get UI instead of his new Blue variant.

That being said, Vegeta's been established as the deuteragonist of this series. His character progression in this arc may not be as good as the previous arcs have been (actually, let's be real, it hasn't been good at all compared to the previous arcs, especially the last arc), but I seriously disagree that the show would have been any better if Vegeta was shafted in favor of Goku taking on everyone else.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:16 am

He wanted Vegeta to get UI but doesn't want him to be on Goku's level ? OK. :eh:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:I seriously disagree that the show would have been any better if Vegeta was shafted in favor of Goku taking on everyone else.
Goku is already getting everything a main character should get so characters like Vegeta just add to the overall stoy. Taking them out for MORE Goku would just be overkill. It was already a major issue with GT and a good amount of fans have said time and again that Vegeta wasn't enough and they should bring in even more secondary characters. It's be like having a garden with just red flowers, why do that when you can have your favorite color on top of others that's help them standout and make the overall view better ?
Last edited by sintzu on Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:17 am

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:
sintzu wrote:

I think he's still upset that Vegeta didn't get UI instead of his new Blue variant.

That being said, Vegeta's been established as the deuteragonist of this series. His character progression in this arc may not be as good as the previous arcs have been (actually, let's be real, it hasn't been good at all compared to the previous arcs, especially the last arc), but I seriously disagree that the show would have been any better if Vegeta was shafted in favor of Goku taking on everyone else.
But Vegeta does have more compelling reasons to take Charge. his promise to Cabba and protect ANOTHER Saiyan race from extinction, especially when they arent evil at all. His family. More so his daughter who was born YESTERDAY.

Goku just doesnt belong here. If anything Veegta should get the winning strike.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:18 am

Professor Freeza wrote:Goku just doesnt belong here. If anything Veegta should get the winning strike.
This has been a Goku centric arc form the very start so if Vegeta's going to get a win I'd rather it be in his own arc.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:21 am

sintzu wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:Goku just doesnt belong here. If anything Veegta should get the winning strike.
This has been a Goku centric arc form the very start so if Vegeta's going to get a win I'd rather it be in his own arc.
We are never gonna get a Vegeta centric arc. This arc had him survive the Big bad AND get an on screen transformation, break his limits.

No better chance than this to do it. This is likely the last time Vegeta will be this important in any arc.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:24 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
sintzu wrote:
We are never gonna get a Vegeta centric arc. This arc had him survive the Big bad AND get an on screen transformation, break his limits.

No better chance than this to do it. This is likely the last time Vegeta will be this important in any arc.
He already took on and defeated a god of destruction (if we go by spoilers), what else do you want him to do? Now it’s gokus turn to go UI and fight jiren.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:26 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
sintzu wrote:

What suggests that?

His equal to Goku in terms of accessible power, and his leagues ahead of literally everyone else besides Goku in the main cast?

What in hell suggests that potential future arcs will disregard him?

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:26 am

sintzu wrote:He wanted Vegeta to get UI but doesn't want him to be on Goku's level ? OK. :eh:
Trust me man, I can't explain it at all myself.
Professor Freeza wrote: But Vegeta does have more compelling reasons to take Charge. his promise to Cabba and protect ANOTHER Saiyan race from extinction, especially when they arent evil at all. His family. More so his daughter who was born YESTERDAY.

Goku just doesnt belong here. If anything Veegta should get the winning strike.
The issue, as many have complained about, is the lack of indication and acknowledgement from Vegeta that he's doing this for his family. People loved the concept of family man Vegeta ever since "THAT'S MY BULMA!!!" and it had been progressing steadily over the arcs. Then we get to the actual tournament and that development is nowhere to be found.

Though I do get your point about him wanting to revisit and reminisce over his Saiyan past.

And... I wouldn't go that far. Goku's still the protagonist in the end who'll likely get the final battle versus Jiren.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:35 am

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Goku's still the protagonist in the end who'll likely get the final battle versus Jiren.
Another issue is that the show is ending so they're not going to end it on Goku not getting the final fight.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:48 am

sintzu wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Goku's still the protagonist in the end who'll likely get the final battle versus Jiren.
Another issue is that the show is ending so they're not going to end it on Goku not getting the final fight.
Why is that a problem?

Goku hasn't won a final fight by himself in all the arcs of Super.

Why would it be a shame for Goku to finally earn his own victory?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:27 am

JazzMazz wrote:Why would it be a shame for Goku to finally earn his own victory?
I'm talking about Vegeta, Goku being the main character is the one rightfully to get and win the show's final fight.

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:31 am

sintzu wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:Why would it be a shame for Goku to finally earn his own victory?
I'm talking about Vegeta, Goku being the main character is the one rightfully to get and win the show's final fight.
But to be fair, if Goku really does win(which he probably will), you can't say he didn't earn it with the sheer amount of absolute thrashings that Goku has been given this arc.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:39 am

sintzu wrote:
It's not an all or nothing proposition here. It doesn't really matter who gets the final strike on Jiren, if anyone does. As long as they're both in the ring when he goes down or the time runs out, they both win. There's no reason they both can't share in the glory and quite frankly, even if Goku does somehow manage to master UI in the last 2-3 minutes of the tournament, I don't think he's going to defeat Jiren without Vegeta's help. He sure as hell wouldn't have beaten Kid Buu alone.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:53 am

Jigurashi wrote:
kinisking wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Gotta give credit to where it's due, #17 lasting this long and contributing as much as he has is nothing short of amazing. He's truly been the MVP for the entire tournament.
Not at all. Just because he contributed more than expected doesn't make him mvp at all. Goku and Vegeta have more eliminations, and Goku especially has fought some top tier opponents. I think I'd place him 3rd most valuable.
Have to agree here. I can see why people are impressed with his stellar performance and doing better than some might have expected but he factually isn't the MVP.
It's understandable that people are very impressed with 17's performance, it's just that "MVP" isn't the correct term, as Goku holds that title currently if I recall. What 17 is is the tournament's greatest dark horse, coming out of basically nowhere and becoming one of the best fighters overall.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:56 am

I've finally caught up to Super. And only a few episodes left...

Anyway, with the spoilers indicating that Vegeta will possibly take Toppo out, I'll be sorely disappointed if he never managed a single elimination like the people here have been saying.

As for Goku vs. Jiren, I'm not sure if I'd be able to believe that Goku is going to master Ultra Instinct in the next couple of minutes. These last few episodes scare me in terms of what Toei will pull.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:16 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:There's no reason they both can't share in the glory and quite frankly, even if Goku does somehow manage to master UI in the last 2-3 minutes of the tournament, I don't think he's going to defeat Jiren without Vegeta's help.

He sure as hell wouldn't have beaten Kid Buu alone.
I personally don't think he'll master it until Super returns which is why I think Vegeta will play a main role in Jiren's downfall but it'll be Goku leading with the current UI he has.

Goku was still the front and center guy in that fight but I do agree that if it weren't for Vegeta he wouldn't have won as he's the one who took most of the beating for him and came up with the idea that took Buu down.