"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by omaro34 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:29 pm

Toei is cracking down hard on people posting the episode on YouTube. Don't know why it's a problem to them now when episodes were constantly being posted in the past since Super started.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:34 pm

My guess is because that big hour long double-episode is coming up. Whenever it's a big plot point Toei puts more feelers into the ground.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:36 pm

Jigurashi wrote:Piccolo's part just makes it more likely to me he's going to be taken out saving Gohan as I already suspect. It's really making me lose interest in Piccolo as a character. He and Gohan both benefit a lot more as characters currently if they were separated, same with Goku and Vegeta.
If this episode is anything to go by then Gohan would be doomed the second he leaves Piccolo. He is not going to protect him twice and Piccolo has Namekians to fight with hopefully no Gohan involved.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:37 pm

Piccolo is at least going to be safe till he fights the two Nameks from U6, so I don't think you have to worry about him yet.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:49 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:Piccolo's part just makes it more likely to me he's going to be taken out saving Gohan as I already suspect. It's really making me lose interest in Piccolo as a character. He and Gohan both benefit a lot more as characters currently if they were separated, same with Goku and Vegeta.
If this episode is anything to go by then Gohan would be doomed the seco d he leaves Piccolo. He is noy going to protect him twice and Piccolo has Namekians to fight with hopefully no Gohan involved.
I wouldn't like it, but I could easily see Gohan fighting the Namekians with Piccolo. Piccolo really isn't all that special anymore. He's in that awkward space between the really irrelevant guys, and the top characters. I'm more inclined to believe they'd give Gohan a good showing when he fights on his own than I am to believe that Piccolo won't sacrifice himself for Gohan. I don't want that, it's an old and very tired out meme at this point and it lessens my opinion of both characters whenever I see it happen.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:50 pm

I don't think they will eliminate Vegeta next, cause that would be very surprising. I can't imagine the the hatred spreading in all medias by this actually happening.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:57 pm

Jigurashi wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
If this episode is anything to go by then Gohan would be doomed the seco d he leaves Piccolo. He is noy going to protect him twice and Piccolo has Namekians to fight with hopefully no Gohan involved.
I wouldn't like it, but I could easily see Gohan fighting the Namekians with Piccolo. Piccolo really isn't all that special anymore. He's in that awkward space between the really irrelevant guys, and the top characters. I'm more inclined to believe they'd give Gohan a good showing when he fights on his own than I am to believe that Piccolo won't sacrifice himself for Gohan. I don't want that, it's an old and very tired out meme at this point and it lessens my opinion of both characters whenever I see it happen.
I am confident that in Toriyama's script there is a big fight for Piccolo and Toei can't do anything about it. I wouldn't be surprised if the Gohan and Piccolo bit today was nearly all made up by Toei.

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:01 pm

Frosts face here in the preview reminded me of Freeza's face in ep. 94:

Karasawa?
Last edited by MainJPW on Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:27 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
I am confident that in Toriyama's script there is a big fight for Piccolo and Toei can't do anything about it. I wouldn't be surprised if the Gohan and Piccolo bit today was nearly all made up by Toei.
Define big, because what you find big I don't. Goku VS Jiren I'd say is a big fight, I don't see Piccolo having a fight of that level in this saga at all.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:36 pm

Hmm… I'm thinking about shirt of Android 17 too much. Word «mir» in Slavic languages means «peace». Is it coincidence or intented?

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:40 pm

That Frost pic, it looks like either he shot Roshi or he shot Vegeta?

It would make sense if Frost goes after Vegeta, as payback for humilliating him in the Champa Arc.

potat_lasaro

Post by potat_lasaro » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:49 pm

This is just a crazy thought, but what if Frost wanted to cause Roshi to use the Mafuba for the next episode?

Like, he saw Roshi use it earlier in the tournament and figured that it would be the best way to get revenge on Vegeta so he plans a way to reverse it onto someone else (don't know if that's possible. Been a while since I read the manga) and throws it at Vegeta.

To get his plan to work, he sicks Magetta onto Vegeta, distracting him while he goes after Roshi and forces him to use the Mafuba against him before redirecting it onto Vegeta...

I don't see it happening, but it would be shocking and a little fun to see something like that happen.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:21 am

Its very funny how Tenshinhan clones seemed fine after taking shots from Harmura, the same shots that rekt Piccolo, even Rota was fine.

Episode made Piccolo a complete joke.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:37 am

Noah wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Totamo wrote:Actually yes it really is. We've seen Goku and Vegeta several damn times in Super.
Three times if we want to count.
I think you miscalculated, mate. Only three times we had Goku and Vegeta interacting in Super?
Working together. Four with the latest episode
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:00 am

Noah wrote:I don't think they will eliminate Vegeta next, cause that would be very surprising. I can't imagine the the hatred spreading in all medias by this actually happening.
The shock factor would be the entire reason why they'd take him out so early.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:22 am

Beyond wrote:How did Piccolo get embarrassed this episode? The situation was far out of his control. He didn't even make any major mistakes either. Piccolo did alright consider how big the disadvantage was. He came up with several idea that weren't bad in theory at least. Gohan felt like he was dumbed down a bit this episode though. If both Gohan and Piccolo were allowed to be smart at the same time, they might have won on their own.
The reason is the most overused,cliche and annoying team up which is hindering two characters
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:25 am

potat_lasaro wrote:This is just a crazy thought, but what if Frost wanted to cause Roshi to use the Mafuba for the next episode?

Like, he saw Roshi use it earlier in the tournament and figured that it would be the best way to get revenge on Vegeta so he plans a way to reverse it onto someone else (don't know if that's possible. Been a while since I read the manga) and throws it at Vegeta.

To get his plan to work, he sicks Magetta onto Vegeta, distracting him while he goes after Roshi and forces him to use the Mafuba against him before redirecting it onto Vegeta...

I don't see it happening, but it would be shocking and a little fun to see something like that happen.
Piccolo reversed it on Kami I think.

Shaqazooloo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shaqazooloo » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:13 am

Kanassa wrote: Working together. Four with the latest episode
I think he meant Super as a whole not just this tournament.
Favorite Dragon Ball Characters
1. Waluigi
2. Whis
3. Evil Buu

Dislikes: Playing by the rules

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:15 am

That episode title. Is it just for Frost or for Freeza as well.

And goddamn Frost looks awesome.

Theory time. What if he will redirect the Mafuba towards Vegeta surprising him?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:20 am

Kishido wrote:.

Theory time. What if he will redirect the Mafuba towards Vegeta surprising him?
That's how I think he takes out Vegeta and Roshi at the same time next..
Roshi dies from the strain and Vegeta is out before he knows it..
The debate whether opening is correct or ending continues..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker