"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Professor Freeza » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:05 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Meanwhile, I’m over here still waiting on the name of Vegeta’s variant of Blue. :think:
Limit Breaker Blue Vegeta

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:16 pm

Professor Freeza wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Meanwhile, I’m over here still waiting on the name of Vegeta’s variant of Blue. :think:
Super Saiyan My Pride.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

SirTorra
Beyond Newbie

Post by SirTorra » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:19 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
Super Saiyan My Pride.
Super Cyan Muh Pride

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:34 pm

It seems Arale managed to outvote Zamasu and EoZ Goku? to be apart of the UDM Burst #30 set (out end of March)! Good for her!

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:01 pm

TekTheNinja wrote: Well you sure are happy about being wrong and content with bad writing, but good for you I suppose. :roll:
Super and modern DBZ have many cases of bad writing, but Yamcha's treatment isn't one of them. He's so much more entertaining now that they acknowledge him as a joke. Yamcha was always at his best as a joke character, such as when he was a bandit who got his eyes poked and tooth knocked out by Goku, his nuts headbutted by Kami, and froze whenever he saw pretty girls.

I don't even want a balance. Full comic relief is Yamcha at his best, imo
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:02 pm

Super Saiyan Bluer

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:23 pm

Name is simple, beyond ssj blue.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:44 pm

Well for naming Veg's new form, given how it looks....

Ascended Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan / Ascended Super Saiyan Blue / Ascended Blue.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:12 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Well for naming Veg's new form, given how it looks....

Ascended Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan / Ascended Super Saiyan Blue / Ascended Blue.
Ascended super saiyan god ascended super saiyan.

MajinVegetaPD
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaPD » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:28 pm

Professor Freeza wrote:
Throw Vegeta a bone Blue

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:45 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote: Well you sure are happy about being wrong and content with bad writing, but good for you I suppose. :roll:
Super and modern DBZ have many cases of bad writing, but Yamcha's treatment isn't one of them. He's so much more entertaining now that they acknowledge him as a joke. Yamcha was always at his best as a joke character, such as when he was a bandit who got his eyes poked and tooth knocked out by Goku, his nuts headbutted by Kami, and froze whenever he saw pretty girls.

I don't even want a balance. Full comic relief is Yamcha at his best, imo
That may be fine... but as long as the jokes aren't too mean-spirited and the in-universe characters treat him without being seemingly aware of the meme.

I mean, I'm not knocking your opinion. But personally, I'd at least want that much myself.
(I also don't think his treatment was good writing at all... even if it resulted in a popular meme that some enjoy)
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:06 pm

Hawk9211 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote: This arc has glaring issues I should have mentioned it in my post.But,one bad thing does not justify another one.
It's not one bad thing justifying another, it's all part of the same issue. The tournament props up opponent characters to make Universe 7 look good.
Still man, they could have made them as strong as god level which half of the cast with piccolo debatedly could have dealt with.But,my point about both of them being incorrectly hyped still stands.
I don't think they where incorrectly hyped at all, maybe we fans just interpreted wrong. :think:

Yea many could feel they where just to make U7 look good, but I have notice many fans becoming fans of the New Characters besides what their power levels are, what their elimination count is or by how far they went in the ToP. That is going to be all old hat by the time and if it happens the Next DB Series and if they decide to move forward with some of the new characters.

What lived up to the hype the most was who the characters where and getting to know them on a basic level of their characters. It was a decent start and honestly is the more important Start for Any Character, You have to have a Good Persona and Development to have possibilities in any story. I get tired of Everything being about Power Levels, Power Levels, Power Levels and MORE Power Levels. Like that is the ONLY thing that should matter in Dragon Ball anymore.

Like Comics the Powers are and should be 2nd at best compared to Character's background and their Persona, so the ToP opened our world to these new characters and who they are and thanks to that the ToP's new characters walk away with new fans and with hope for more of them in the future.

I am Happy U7 got Glory for the Characters and the Fans of those Characters that felt Needed it(Vegeta, 17, 18, Gohan, Roshi and Freeza as the Newer Examples), But What Fans like me got more where New Characters that become part of our favorites and despite the power level controversies we enjoyed WHO They are and What they bring to the DB Mythos and for Me My Hope they move forward with them. :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:29 pm

Professor Freeza wrote:
Don't you mean fairy sparkles Vegeta? :lol:

Oracle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Oracle » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:20 am

Super Saiyajin Blue 2 or Super Saiyajin God Super Saiyajin 2 (SSGSS 2).

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:42 am

If we're naming it after the actual name of Vegeta's bulky form, it should be Super Saiyan Blue Grade 2.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:33 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
No, Vegeta's "new" form is pretty much plain SSB..
Super Saiyan Barbie that is..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:11 am

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: It's not one bad thing justifying another, it's all part of the same issue. The tournament props up opponent characters to make Universe 7 look good.
Still man, they could have made them as strong as god level which half of the cast with piccolo debatedly could have dealt with.But,my point about both of them being incorrectly hyped still stands.
I don't think they where incorrectly hyped at all, maybe we fans just interpreted wrong. :think:

Yea many could feel they where just to make U7 look good, but I have notice many fans becoming fans of the New Characters besides what their power levels are, what their elimination count is or by how far they went in the ToP. That is going to be all old hat by the time and if it happens the Next DB Series and if they decide to move forward with some of the new characters.

What lived up to the hype the most was who the characters where and getting to know them on a basic level of their characters. It was a decent start and honestly is the more important Start for Any Character, You have to have a Good Persona and Development to have possibilities in any story. I get tired of Everything being about Power Levels, Power Levels, Power Levels and MORE Power Levels. Like that is the ONLY thing that should matter in Dragon Ball anymore.

Like Comics the Powers are and should be 2nd at best compared to Character's background and their Persona, so the ToP opened our world to these new characters and who they are and thanks to that the ToP's new characters walk away with new fans and with hope for more of them in the future.

I am Happy U7 got Glory for the Characters and the Fans of those Characters that felt Needed it(Vegeta, 17, 18, Gohan, Roshi and Freeza as the Newer Examples), But What Fans like me got more where New Characters that become part of our favorites and despite the power level controversies we enjoyed WHO They are and What they bring to the DB Mythos and for Me My Hope they move forward with them. :thumbup:
I do understand where you are coming from,but dragon ball is about martial arts and this is a fighting.I don't care much powerlevels but I do care about power scaling(doctor. explained it perfectly,a lot of people have it their signatures).

I really enjoy the world building of dragon ball,OG db is my favourite due to this but the problem is that they don't focus on it.It's a backgroung thing that is often mishandled.

Now,the my problem with U2 and other tournament contestants is the way they have been handled it seems that they are just meant to fill the slots.

They are either negatively characterised to make U7 and U6 good or are parodies to add some colour.Not even parodies,they are negatively coloured stereotypes.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:12 am

Hey. Where are the Preview Images for Tomorrow's Episode?

They are usually up everywhere by now. Already 2 hours late

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:14 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
No, Vegeta's "new" form is pretty much plain SSB..
Super Saiyan Barbie that is..
What about SSGSSBSSGSS(super saiyan god super saiyan beyond super saiyan god super saiyan).
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:10 am

Hawk9211 wrote:What about SSGSSBSSGSS(super saiyan god super saiyan beyond super saiyan god super saiyan).
I think we can stop here, no other suggestion is going to beat this. :lol:
We are looking at another Super Saiyan Rage situation, though, so we probably won't get an actual name until maybe a Heroes card shows up. So until then, call it whatever you like as long as people understand what you mean.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link