"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:04 pm

We reached the 300th page. And we barely know anything about Super. BOG and ROF threads all over again.
Time for another 300.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:06 pm

It's a shame the resources are scarce (are they?), because I'd like to know how much Toei had revealed about GT when they were only two weeks away, just to compare to this Super drought.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:15 pm

Chuquita wrote:It's a shame the resources are scarce (are they?), because I'd like to know how much Toei had revealed about GT when they were only two weeks away, just to compare to this Super drought.
That would be interesting to see, although I'm willing to be it was a lot more simply because there was a much more finished to actually reveal. :lol:
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:40 pm

I think that Funimation e-mail might be fake. Funimation at A-Kon said that they want the dub to be perfect as possible. Funimation most likely wants to wait until most of the episodes are finished before dubbing it. This is not with DB, DBZ and GT where those shows where long fished in Japan and that they can dub them faster.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ssjjanemba
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjjanemba » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:43 pm

GokuRules987 wrote:
ssjjanemba wrote:It would be cool if DBS has a war, just like Naruto and one piece.
Would be cool but where would the war even take place? It would be impossible for them to fight it at earth where even the weakest character in Dragon ball is a Planet buster++. Unless the war was to take place in space.
Any mid tier character should have no problem wiping out solar system while top tiers like beerus and whis are galaxy busters.
I was thinking a war involving all 12 universes.
Hi

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:44 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I think that Funimation e-mail might be fake. Funimation at A-Kon said that they want the dub to be perfect as possible. Funimation most likely wants to wait until most of the episodes are finished before dubbing it. This is not with DB, DBZ and GT where those shows where long fished in Japan and that they can dub them faster.
Nothing in the email mentions a dub. It could simply be a simulcast announcement, which would require them to have the rights to it.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:03 pm

ssjjanemba wrote:
GokuRules987 wrote:
ssjjanemba wrote:It would be cool if DBS has a war, just like Naruto and one piece.
Would be cool but where would the war even take place? It would be impossible for them to fight it at earth where even the weakest character in Dragon ball is a Planet buster++. Unless the war was to take place in space.
Any mid tier character should have no problem wiping out solar system while top tiers like beerus and whis are galaxy busters.
I was thinking a war involving all 12 universes.

My original idea for Super was that wishing on the Dragon Balls on this universe would alter the balance on any of the other ones. That's why only the wise race of Nameks were allowed to have them in the first place. If that was the case, it wouldn't be surprising if the other Universes wanted to get rid of them completely after Earth and Namek wishing like crazy during the last few decades.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:33 pm

soulnova wrote:
My original idea for Super was that wishing on the Dragon Balls on this universe would alter the balance on any of the other ones. That's why only the wise race of Nameks were allowed to have them in the first place. If that was the case, it wouldn't be surprising if the other Universes wanted to get rid of them completely after Earth and Namek wishing like crazy during the last few decades.
You know, I had an idea like that too. xD

But assuming that 9-star ball wasn't an error, it's possible the other universes have dragon balls too. Unless there's a third set of dragon balls in universe 7... ugh...
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:37 pm

I still think that 9-star ball is a error. Even though this is the most basic thing about Dragon Ball.
But Its strange not having the 6th one and instead a 9th. Maybe we have to turn it upside down. :lol:
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:39 pm

I'm still supporting a field trip to Universe 9. :3

And while I don't have any interest in that Multiverse comic that's been going on, I feel like I'd have fun seeing a Toriyama written mulitiverse.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:41 pm

Some years ago, I said I would start reading DB Multiverse.
I'm still saying that now.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:47 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Some years ago, I said I would start reading DB Multiverse.
I'm still saying that now.
It's really interesting to be honest. I started reading just before BoG came out and when Beerus mentioned the other universes I was really surprised by what could imply.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:23 pm

Could they be playing their cards close to their chest on perpus in-order to create the kind of fan excitement and speculation we're seeing?

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:37 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Could they be playing their cards close to their chest on perpus in-order to create the kind of fan excitement and speculation we're seeing?
Most likely yes.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:33 pm

Hey guys. I was wondering will there be any place to actually watch Dragon Ball Super when it releases next month? Preferably subbed. I wouldn't mind actually paying a reasonable price to be able to stream the whole first season (or whatever first run we get) legally without streaming/downloading.I'm normally pretty clued in on Dragon Ball and find it strange there is no service that has been announced yet. Surely there will be a huge demand for this I kind of wish I could start this service up myself and make a killing lol.

dae428
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dae428 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:43 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:I still think that 9-star ball is a error. Even though this is the most basic thing about Dragon Ball.
But Its strange not having the 6th one and instead a 9th. Maybe we have to turn it upside down. :lol:
Personally, I think it's the artist just messing with us. :lol:

You probably know just as much as we do. There's been very little information regarding Dragon Ball Super at all... :(

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:04 pm

If they want to take their time to make sure their dub is as good as it can be, then great. Couldn't care less. But it's in everyone's best interest for them to at least do a simulcast. I'm sure FUNi is doing their part, but Toei seems content to stay in the 90s.

I'm begging for a simulcast. I don't want any of us doing damage control because of people resorting to (potentially poorly-translated) fansubs. And if a simulcast gets the whole world watching Japanese Dragon Ball, then that's just icing on the cake. :twisted:
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:31 pm

Anyone thinks that we may get different universes with same characters, something similiar to that Multiverse fan manga? Or the others 11 universes never will be explored or they have different planets or something?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:35 pm

Has anyone thought of this?
What if the 100 episodes are wasted. I would NOT BE shock if this happens. Using 12 episodes as a seasonal number

12 episodes of Pre BoG and BoG retelling(Fat Beerus cameo/ cliffhanger)
12 episodes of post BoG(Fat Beerus debut?)
12 episodes of POSSIBLE Revival of Freeza retelling
12 episodes of post Revival of Freeza
1-6 episodes a season of slice of life based episodes (similar to chapter one)

That's already 52-72 episodes. Which is what I fear. And I'm sure Toei doesn't mean exactly 100 episodes...

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:47 pm

Noah wrote:Anyone thinks that we may get different universes with same characters, something similiar to that Multiverse fan manga? Or the others 11 universes never will be explored or they have different planets or something?
I wanted the latter (different planets and such) up until Fat!Beerus Champa and Lady Whis sparked theorizing in this thread about the possibility of a universe with Princess Vegeta battling an Evil Gokû (he's also very snarky towards her) and now I want to see both of them, if only for regular Vegeta's reactions to all this.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!