"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:23 pm

WhisPL wrote:Where did the information that they have something to reveal?
Last month's VJump said Weekly Jump issue #27 (which comes out next week) will have new info about the upcoming arc. Weekly Jump leaks usually happen Thursday or Friday the week before the street date, so we should get new Super news tomorrow or Friday.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Sonicjamareiz
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:28 pm

WhisPL wrote:Where did the information that they have something to reveal?
V-Jump always leak some Super stuff every week.
Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc :sick:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:30 pm

Sonicjamareiz wrote:V-Jump always leak some Super stuff every week.
You're confusing publications. V-Jump is Shueisha's multimedia magazine (primarily video games, but also tons of other stuff) and releases on the 21st of every month. Weekly Shonen Jump is the anthology publication that Shueisha's major young boys' series are published in, and it comes out every Monday; it also includes advertisements and promotions.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Sonicjamareiz
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:47 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Sonicjamareiz wrote:V-Jump always leak some Super stuff every week.
You're confusing publications. V-Jump is Shueisha's multimedia magazine (primarily video games, but also tons of other stuff) and releases on the 21st of every month. Weekly Shonen Jump is the anthology publication that Shueisha's major young boys' series are published in, and it comes out every Monday; it also includes advertisements and promotions.
Oh okay thanks for the clarification I did not know there was a difference. :D
Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc :sick:

WhisPL
Not-So-Newbie

Post by WhisPL » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:36 pm

I thought that a big announcement is to be something.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:57 pm

If I remember right, it's supposed to be "new info", but doesn't say what that will be.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Avok
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avok » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:05 pm

I hope we see some artwork.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:11 pm

Avok wrote:I hope we see some artwork.
I just want to see what Gokû Black looks like (and to see how close or not my theory on his back story is).
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:15 pm

Looking back at the picture in question (from page 860), it says shocking developments will be revealed in the preview after the June 5th episode, and to also check out the June 6th issue of Weekly Jump. So yeah, here's hoping that the preview and/or magazine give us something beyond "*gasp* did ya know Trunks is coming back?!" I still have the feeling they might be very vague, and at best just give us a shadowy outline of Gokuu Black with a caption of "A powerful new enemy!! He resembles a certain someone...?!" I've seen it happen way too many times to not be jaded about this :P
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:38 pm

I have a feeling that not only 1 character will die but 2-3 others because it seems like this saga will be violent and dark..the design of Trunks with his scarf looks really angry and full of sadness Hmm i have a good feeling that this sagaa will be a highlight :thumbup: ... You guys think that there are other evil characters with Black Goku ??? I'm really curious

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:53 pm

Lujin_16 wrote:I have a feeling that not only 1 character will die but 2-3 others because it seems like this saga will be violent and dark..the design of Trunks with his scarf looks really angry and full of sadness Hmm i have a good feeling that this sagaa will be a highlight :thumbup: ... You guys think that there are other evil characters with Black Goku ??? I'm really curious

As long as it's not a black Vegeta or something, I'm good with Black Goku having a team.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:24 pm

I think it'll be just this Gokû Black at first and there'll be tiers of villains above him pulling his strings.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:40 pm

Retan wrote:
Lujin_16 wrote:I have a feeling that not only 1 character will die but 2-3 others because it seems like this saga will be violent and dark..the design of Trunks with his scarf looks really angry and full of sadness Hmm i have a good feeling that this sagaa will be a highlight :thumbup: ... You guys think that there are other evil characters with Black Goku ??? I'm really curious

As long as it's not a black Vegeta or something, I'm good with Black Goku having a team.
The whole Z fighters or at least a some of the Z fighters.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:49 pm

I think it'd be cool if a future Gohan and Goten come back with Trunks.

Avok
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avok » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:56 pm

Future Gohan is dead and Goten was never born, so it wouldn't make sense.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:24 pm

Retan wrote:

I just hope there are multiple bad guys to fight. Would love to see a moment like the good guys taking Freeza's army on again

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:31 pm

Avok wrote:Future Gohan is dead and Goten was never born, so it wouldn't make sense.
I'm saying that in the scenario that Future Trunks is our Trunks, not the one during the android arc. In that case they should still be alive right?

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:49 pm

Xeztin wrote:
Avok wrote:Future Gohan is dead and Goten was never born, so it wouldn't make sense.
I'm saying that in the scenario that Future Trunks is our Trunks, not the one during the android arc. In that case they should still be alive right?
The tease for the new arc specifically said it's the Trunks who defeated Cell and the Androids and brought peace to the future.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:45 pm

Chuquita wrote:I'm wondering if when it eventually gets a U.S. release if Funi will commission new art for the covers. Wasn't some of their Kai art commissioned?

Also! Anyone have a guess for what they'll reveal in next week's Jump? My hopes are on the character design for Gokû Black.
I don't know about Kai, but the BluRay releases of Z had original art. the art wasn't exactly the best but a lot of stuff was going on and they looked kinda cool and dynamic.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:53 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I'm wondering if when it eventually gets a U.S. release if Funi will commission new art for the covers. Wasn't some of their Kai art commissioned?

Also! Anyone have a guess for what they'll reveal in next week's Jump? My hopes are on the character design for Gokû Black.
I don't know about Kai, but the BluRay releases of Z had original art. the art wasn't exactly the best but a lot of stuff was going on and they looked kinda cool and dynamic.
That's probably what I'm thinking of. I didn't follow the releases from around that time that well, but I remember that new original art and that made an impact on me.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!