"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:03 am

LightBing wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:As already posted, that's the script for episode 1 of Super. Interestingly, it says "several months after Boo arc". So... months? Not years? :twisted:
That's huge information! We can now better paint a picture of the timeline.
However, what´s more official?. The final script (aired episode) or the initial script?
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:05 am

Looks like pan's age is retconned :)
Last edited by Sodhi on Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:07 am

alakazam^ wrote:
SaiyaSith wrote:Anyone know what this says?
As already posted, that's the script for episode 1 of Super. Interestingly, it says "several months after Boo arc". So... months? Not years? :twisted:
So maybe Bra's birth can make sense now! But wait... That makes Pan a lot older then she should be. DAMN IT!
Last edited by TekTheNinja on Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:08 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:
LightBing wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:As already posted, that's the script for episode 1 of Super. Interestingly, it says "several months after Boo arc". So... months? Not years? :twisted:
However, what´s more official?. The final script (aired episode) or the initial script?
Didn't the episode said "some time passed"? I might be wrong. Battle of Gods was four years after the Boo Arc.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:11 am

Episode 1 makes a lot of sense now, Episode 2 makes more sense than it did too. Only thing messed up now is pan's age.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:24 am

LightBing wrote:Didn't the episode said "some time passed"? I might be wrong. Battle of Gods was four years after the Boo Arc.
It did. They mentioned the wish made to erase Boo from everyone's memories being half an year after he was defeated and then "some time passed". The word they used 月日 (tsukihi) can mean time, months or years although, personally, I associate it with months.

To compare, Z's first episode also used "tsukihi" to refer to the five years passed since the 23rd Tenkaichi Budoukai but, there, they specified "5 years". So, "tsukihi" can also be just a general amount of time passed.

It's fair to say the aired version would take precedent over the draft but if that came from Toriyama himself then it means he's not thinking about years this time around.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:39 am

Just checked. Episode 1 said "some time had passed", this referring to the moment they erased everybody memories. alakazam^ also confirmed above. I guess they meant some months in the episode, however decided to word it that way for the lack of a specific number? Maybe they decided to left it ambiguous to allow flexibility. Mr.Toriyama isn't exactly the best at counting months.

So it goes:
Boo Arc End ---------(6 months) -------- Wish to erase memories -----(A few months)--------Battle of Gods Arc------(?) ------- Vegeta starts training with Whis------(6 months) ------ Goku joins Vegeta ------- (4 months)--------- RoF Arc ----------- (Short period of time)-------- Champa Arc

We're about two years past the Boo Arc, if I'm not mistaken.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:48 am

That seems about right. This way Goten and Trunks are still somewhat acceptable as looking like children, right? Oob having "just been born" is kinda pushing it (unless the manga didn't state his age?) and Pan seems to be the only inconsistency left. I'm more confortable this way, to be honest but we'll see if they ever specify anything.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:59 am

Champa arc is where it gets confusing, in the manga its in short period of time, however in the anime it's a year after ROF arc.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:01 am

Sodhi wrote:Champa arc is where it gets confusing, in the manga its in short period of time, however in the anime it's a year after ROF arc.
The anime places it 8 months after RoF, since the end of RoF was 4 months after the summoning.
In the manga we're not told how long exactly has passed.

Anyway, it's clear that Toriyama isn't putting much thought behind that.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:02 am

Araki wrote: The anime places it 8 months after RoF, since the end of RoF was 4 months after the summoning.
Oh yea true forgot about that.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:39 am

LightBing wrote:
Alrighty then! So that confirms that the movies are canon to the manga. Ok.

Sonicjamareiz
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:42 am

Sodhi wrote:Champa arc is where it gets confusing, in the manga its in short period of time, however in the anime it's a year after ROF arc.
If thats true why is Pan still a infant shouldn't she at least be walking right about now?
Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc :sick:

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:44 am

After GT was over, they made Dr. Slump GT. What's the possibility of them making Dr. Slump Super after Super ends?
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:15 am

It's possible they are testing the waters with Arale appearing in Super. Isn't Dr. Slump celebrating some special anniversary?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:39 am

So where are we getting the info that Arale is coming back?

Oops, nevermind, just checked the site. I forgot that existed.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:31 am

Monaka and Vegeta will a match and the loser will babysit Pan.Monaka is very great cook which is why Beerus spared his life even though he's a weakling.Just a speculation,though i just hope they won't drag out these filler-like episodes

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:03 am

alakazam^ wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:I feel like I'm missing a Japanese joke here - pretty sure that yellow wigged guy was 'Victory Uchiha' in a Digimon game I played recently. :shock:
Yeah, he's called Victory Uchiha. I think he's V-Jump's mascot or something?
Huh. I had no idea who he was, but that would explain his random inclusion in the game (he's just a guy you can find in various locations and if you find him, he gives you items).
JulieYBM wrote:I'm dreading the possibility of Sumitomo creating new music for Dr. Slump characters rather than Kikuchi Shunsuke's old music being reused.
Maybe he'll do a new arrangement take on the old themes, or even one of it's opening themes, ala the 'last time music' for Super being a new arrangement based on 'Head Cha La'?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

silverstorm_nuce

Post by silverstorm_nuce » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:35 am

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:41 am

Who the heck are those two guys ? :lol: Today feels weird.We're getting spoilers here and there.