"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:09 am

I have a bad feeling my jokes before may end up as a reality, that a lot of the big hitters will just serve as hype material via collateral damage for Goku and Jiren's fight, or maybe they'll finally be able to show what a real "rumble" is like have 3+ guys actually go at it.
Anyways they are hyping the shit out of that new form.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:10 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:Is Goku vs Jiren battles going to last for a long time or is it just not the final battle? I say it is not the final battle.
It is the climax. It would make no sense to have any other final battle, unless they're going to pull a Monaka vs. Hit.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:21 am

HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Is Goku vs Jiren battles going to last for a long time or is it just not the final battle? I say it is not the final battle.
It is the climax. It would make no sense to have any other final battle, unless they're going to pull a Monaka vs. Hit.
You think this fight is going to last multiple epsidoes while others are happening at the same time? It not being the final battle makes sense since Goku has been constantly trying to fight Jiren so by episode 109 he probably does.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:28 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
You think this fight is going to last multiple epsidoes while others are happening at the same time? It not being the final battle makes sense since Goku has been constantly trying to fight Jiren so by episode 109 he probably does.
Who knows, maybe majority of the fighters goes for Jiren as they deem him the most threatening out of the ones left so they work together temporarily, I wouldnt be surprised if everyone left on U7 and U6 will go for Jiren when he decides to make his move.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:34 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Who knows, maybe majority of the fighters goes for Jiren as they deem him the most threatening out of the ones left so they work together temporarily, I wouldnt be surprised if everyone left on U7 and U6 will go for Jiren when he decides to make his move.
This is a battle royale so Goku vs Jiren could happen at anytime and if not then that would be the biggest waste of new characters in anime history.

I think Toei's promotion might have done its job right in convincing most fans Goku vs Jiren is the last fight so they can easily surprise everyone.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:40 am

Will the special be available to us? In the same way regular episodes are avalaible to us? Will it stream live at the same timeslot as normal? Also, do content providers such as Crunchyroll and Daisuki stream them?

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:41 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:Will the special be available to us? In the same way regular episodes are avalaible to us? Will it stream live at the same timeslot as normal? Also, do content providers such as Crunchyroll and Daisuki stream them?
It is basically just 2 episodes in 1 day so it should be just as normal.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:42 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
This is a battle royale so Goku vs Jiren could happen at anytime and if not then that would be the biggest waste of new characters in anime history.

I think Toei's promotion might have done its job right in convincing most fans Goku vs Jiren is the last fight so they can easily surprise everyone.
Of course that'll happen, but that happening without Jiren fighting someone else before Goku would do more bad for his character than good, the guy barely has anything going for him, the only one he attacked was Kale and I Kale isnt exactly enough of a hype material for Jiren, the next best thing would be a lot of characters going at him and he shrugs them off like nothing, because as of now I barely feel Jiren's a threat besides his 2 moments of surprising base Goku and his surprise attack on Kale.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:46 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: Who knows, maybe majority of the fighters goes for Jiren as they deem him the most threatening out of the ones left so they work together temporarily, I wouldnt be surprised if everyone left on U7 and U6 will go for Jiren when he decides to make his move.

Of course that'll happen, but that happening without Jiren fighting someone else before Goku would do more bad for his character than good, the guy barely has anything going for him, the only one he attacked was Kale and I Kale isnt exactly enough of a hype material for Jiren, the next best thing would be a lot of characters going at him and he shrugs them off like nothing, because as of now I barely feel Jiren's a threat besides his 2 moments of surprising base Goku and his surprise attack on Kale.
That is Vegeta's job to get beaten up so no need for anyone else to get involved.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:48 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

That is Vegeta's job to get beaten up so no need for anyone else to get involved.
The biggest threat, only beats one person? him not throwing someone out yet means he will in the future, unless you think he only gets one and then loses or draws with Goku? thats a pretty unbelievable record for someone who's supposed to be the most powerful character inside that ring right now.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:53 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Since the Pride Troopers are down to three and Toppo is done playing around, that means they're going to be more aggressive. The only reason Jiren avoided Goku was to save his stamina. Jiren vs. Goku has been the most built up fight since you literally see Goku and Jiren fighting every time you look at the opening. So their fight is the climax and it makes little sense to have another big fight after them.

And in a battle royal, it would make perfect sense for a bloodlust Jiren and Toppo to wipe 95% of the survivors. They only lasted so long because they were pacing themselves.
Last edited by HeroR on Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:55 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: Of course that'll happen, but that happening without Jiren fighting someone else before Goku would do more bad for his character than good, the guy barely has anything going for him, the only one he attacked was Kale and I Kale isnt exactly enough of a hype material for Jiren, the next best thing would be a lot of characters going at him and he shrugs them off like nothing, because as of now I barely feel Jiren's a threat besides his 2 moments of surprising base Goku and his surprise attack on Kale.
The biggest threat, only beats one person? him not throwing someone out yet means he will in the future, unless you think he only gets one and then loses or draws with Goku? thats a pretty unbelievable record for someone who's supposed to be the most powerful character inside that ring right now.
Jiren does not seem that interested so why would he take out a lot.
HeroR wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Since the Pride Troopers are down to three and Toppo is done playing around, that means they're going to be more aggressive. The only reason Jiren avoided Goku was to save his stamina. Jiren vs. Goku has been the most built up fight since you literally see Goku and Jiren fighting every time you look at the opening. So their fight is the climax and it makes little sense to have another big fight after them.

And in a battle royal, it would make perfect sense for a bloodlust Jiren and Toppo to wipe 95% of the survivors. They only lasted so long because they were pacing themselves.
That could be the whole point of the opening, which is to fool the audience.

So you are basically saying we are just going to ignore the yardratian, Tuffle, Namekians, Frieza's and Frost's plans, the bugs and basically any other character having any meaningful fight just so Jiren can eliminate about 30 fighters to make Jiren look good and just so we get 1 fight between Goku and Jiren.which involves a new transformation? I don't think so.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:56 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Did you watch the end of Episode 104. The Pride Troopers are done playing games, so it stands to reason they will be more aggressive and not just passively watch.
Kanassa wrote:

supersaiyan1993

Post by supersaiyan1993 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:56 am

Goku transforming so soon will be good because it will show a lot more reactions than leaving it till last.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:57 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Uhm.. unless he's suicidal and stupid that he hasnt noticed there's only 3 of them left and U7 and 6 has about 8+ of them left, then I think he should be more than interested now than he was from the start.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:04 am

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/902068996387700736
namekiansaiyan wrote:

So you are basically saying we are just going to ignore the yardratian, Tuffle, Namekians, Frieza's and Frost's plans, the bugs and basically any other character having any meaningful fight just so Jiren can eliminate about 30 fighters to make Jiren look good and just so we get 1 fight between Goku and Jiren.which involves a new transformation? I don't think so.
One don't make an entire intro dedicated to one fight for it to fool the audience, especially in Japan.

The Namekian never got any hype and neither did the Yardratian and Tuffle. They are interesting curiosities by the fandom, but the story put no focused on them. The characters from U7 don't seem to care about why a Yardratian is in U2. Even Genos who got a bit of scene time was just there to get his butt beat by Roshi. This is you assuming these characters are important. Jiren may not eliminate everyone, but he and Toppo alone can waste most of the tournament.
Last edited by HeroR on Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:06 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: The biggest threat, only beats one person? him not throwing someone out yet means he will in the future, unless you think he only gets one and then loses or draws with Goku? thats a pretty unbelievable record for someone who's supposed to be the most powerful character inside that ring right now.
Uhm.. unless he's suicidal and stupid that he hasnt noticed there's only 3 of them left and U7 and 6 has about 8+ of them left, then I think he should be more than interested now than he was from the start.
Why didn't they start in episode 105 or 106. They are not going to take out 30 fighters. THAT IS RIDICULOUS!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:10 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Why didn't they start in episode 105 or 106. They are not going to take out 30 fighters. THAT IS RIDICULOUS!
Because 105 is one minute and we don't know what is going on in 106. As far as we know, 106 could end with Toppo and Jiren wiping half of the tournament.
Kanassa wrote:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:23 am

HeroR wrote:https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/902068996387700736
namekiansaiyan wrote:

One don't make an entire intro dedicated to one fight for it to fool the audience, especially in Japan.

The Namekian never got any hype and neither did the Yardratian and Tuffle. They are interesting curiosities by the fandom, but the story put no focused on them. The characters from U7 don't seem to care about why a Yardratian is in U2. Even Genos who got a bit of scene time was just there to get his butt beat by Roshi. This is you assuming these characters are important. Jiren may not eliminate everyone, but he and Toppo alone can waste most of the tournament.
Any hype that any character had would just be gone in a second then and you are assuming everyone is not important unless they are Goku and Jiren

In universe we don't even though about a tuffle

Jiren is Goku's big fight and does not mean it is the last the fight and that opening could easily change.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:25 am

The fight with Jiren and the reveal of the new form can be intercalated with other fights. We are staging the climax of a Battle Royale, not an ordinary tournament. I still think there will be fighters in the ring during this fight. Goku is taking on Jiren, but it doesn't mean Vegeta isn't gonna get a fight with Hit/Toppo, or Piccolo meeting the Namekians or the U4 bugs revealing themselves. Sure, the main attraction will be Goku vs Jiren, but to reduce the scope of the climax of universes battling eachother to a one-v-one isn't gonna happen, at least so soon.

Kale, Brianne, Toppo, Hit, Freeza and Gohan will all, at the very least, remain in the ring during the final fight. Pretty much any match-up between those guys is third act material.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW