"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Low Tone G
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Low Tone G » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:42 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Noah wrote:
Nejishiki wrote:
What is interesting about this note is that both Beerus and Whis knew the "All-Universe Martial Arts Tournament" would happen anyway, so in the last episode their intentions were to say Goku that would not be a good idea to remember Zeno about it? A little bit dumb that Goku had to remember him, it would be more interesting if Whis and Beerus show up on Earth and told Goku about the tournament that was about to began.
Yeah, I wonder if goku reminding zeno is a toie thing or Toriyama
I'm thinking that the line of Whis in ep. 43 was a Toei thing, being a "filler" after the U6 Arc.
English is not my first language!
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:43 pm

Kishido wrote:I think team U7 will lose badly in this pre match against U9

Even more with Gohan in it... They well get owned and Goku realized how he fucked up and that this can end in the worst case scenario. Same goes for Gohan who learns that if he doesn't get his shit together, Pan and Co will be erased... Ado all others will do the same

I doubt Vegeta will be in this pre match cut of Bra... But even if, I think they will lose...

And what do you think Whis and Beerus will do? Will they train them personally after seeing that they aren't strong enough for it?

PS
Of course this wouldn't happen with 17 in it- <333
I don't see how Goku losing will make him realized that he screwed up, especially when several trillion people will die even if he wins. If anything, it will just tell him where he needs to improve.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:47 pm

HeroR wrote:

Even more with Gohan in it... They well get owned and Goku realized how he fucked up and that this can end in the worst case scenario. Same goes for Gohan who learns that if he doesn't get his shit together, Pan and Co will be erased... Ado all others will do the same

I doubt Vegeta will be in this pre match cut of Bra... But even if, I think they will lose...

And what do you think Whis and Beerus will do? Will they train them personally after seeing that they aren't strong enough for it?

PS
I don't see how Goku losing will make him realized that he screwed up, especially when several trillion people will die even if he wins. If anything, it will just tell him where he needs to improve.
The difference is that his family/Universe could be the one to lose if he doesn't start to take things seriously. Him being a mass killer because of this is another story

Low Tone G

Post by Low Tone G » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:48 pm

HeroR wrote:

PS
This is a loose/loose preposition for Goku.. If his Universe wins, 11 ones will cease to exist, if he looses, his univserse will be one of the 11 non-existent ones.
I'm still waiting for Dragon Ball in Super...

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:55 pm

Low Tone G wrote:
HeroR wrote:

PS
This is a loose/loose preposition for Goku.. If his Universe wins, 11 ones will cease to exist, if he looses, his univserse will be one of the 11 non-existent ones.
Really? I know that but there is a difference... U7 is still his family and friends.

Further more if Goku finally starts to realize he fucked up he would start to get gather the Super Dragon Balls... Maybe even doing a plan together with U6 that whoever wins will use them to restore everything

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:31 pm

It's been a long time (since FT Trunks arc ended) that I've been anxious for the new episodes titles and staff information.
That stuff can't come quick enough now.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:45 pm

Kishido wrote:
The difference is that his family/Universe could be the one to lose if he doesn't start to take things seriously. Him being a mass killer because of this is another story
Goku was taking the tournament seriously long before his universe was involved. He isn't Gohan. And Zen'o is the mass killer.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:48 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Yeah, I wonder if goku reminding zeno is a toie thing or Toriyama
I know this is not related, but the "toie" misspelling thing is done on purpose humorously or is just a typo?

PD: Also if I'm not forgetting, in the first manga teaser it was shown that Goku went to Omni-King's place to remember him of the tournament, and the text preview of the arc also mentions that.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Noah wrote:
Nejishiki wrote:
What is interesting about this note is that both Beerus and Whis knew the "All-Universe Martial Arts Tournament" would happen anyway, so in the last episode their intentions were to say Goku that would not be a good idea to remember Zeno about it? A little bit dumb that Goku had to remember him, it would be more interesting if Whis and Beerus show up on Earth and told Goku about the tournament that was about to began.
Of course they would Zen-Oh said so, why would they not believe him?

funrush

Post by funrush » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:35 pm

I want Zeno to be assassinated at the tournament.

Don't get me wrong, I love Zeno, but it would be such a good callback/twist if the whole "Zeno erases everything" threat never even happens. A thing that happened a lot in Z was that someone super powerful would be killed by a newcomer to make you go "WOAH." (ex. Trunks v. Freeza, 17 v. Gero)

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:45 pm

funrush wrote:I want Zeno to be assassinated at the tournament.

Don't get me wrong, I love Zeno, but it would be such a good callback/twist if the whole "Zeno erases everything" threat never even happens. A thing that happened a lot in Z was that someone super powerful would be killed by a newcomer to make you go "WOAH." (ex. Trunks v. Freeza, 17 v. Gero)
But there are two Zenos . Would that mean one would kill the other? :P

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:46 pm

If the Practice Match is a 3 vs 3 match, then the winner is the team that eliminates all 3 members or just when they get to KO one member of the opposite side?(Like in Wrestling?).

If it will be 3 1vs1 matchups, then:
Goku wins his fight and Mirai Zeno gets impressed.
Gohan loses, and he finally get motivated enough to regain mystic form(see OP when he is meditating):
Third guy is probably Piccolo, and he will also lose, that explains why he is training with Gohan again.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:52 pm

HeroR wrote:
Kishido wrote:
Goku was taking the tournament seriously long before his universe was involved. He isn't Gohan. And Zen'o is the mass killer.
This is true but Goku does get extra motivation by his family sometimes. It happened in BOG for instance.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:26 pm

I just remembered....why isn't Gohan in his Great Saiyaman outfit for this? I hope there's a reason. I dug that look with or without helmet, and with the cape. It was his own unique outfit, but he's back to copying Goku's gi which is lame...
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:54 pm

Goku won't be happy AT ALL once he learns the consequences of losing on the tournament. Yeah, he's a prick sometimes, but mass murder is not something he never wanted to do.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:56 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:I just remembered....why isn't Gohan in his Great Saiyaman outfit for this? I hope there's a reason. I dug that look with or without helmet, and with the cape. It was his own unique outfit, but he's back to copying Goku's gi which is lame...
Been down with this too, Gohan looks better in his saiyaman garb (without the cape and helmet for me) would have been awesome to see Gohan in his saiyaman garb going mystic.

MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:59 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:I just remembered....why isn't Gohan in his Great Saiyaman outfit for this? I hope there's a reason. I dug that look with or without helmet, and with the cape. It was his own unique outfit, but he's back to copying Goku's gi which is lame...
Probably to give some Mystic Gohan vibes,but I love his Saiyaman outfit too
My Dragon Ball Super 'Canon'

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:18 pm

I think the gi will be symbolic of him becoming a fighter again, at least for the tournament. I mean, the Saiyaman outfit and persona became exactly the opposite. Maybe Piccolo makes him a new gi once/if he regains Ultimate?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:20 pm

Araki wrote:
I think the gi will be symbolic of him becoming a fighter again, at least for the tournament. Maybe Piccolo makes him one once/if he regains Ultimate?
We can pretty much assume that he is getting his unlocked potential back, thanks to the new opening. The Gi is a callback to that.
Retired.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:27 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Araki wrote:
I think the gi will be symbolic of him becoming a fighter again, at least for the tournament. Maybe Piccolo makes him one once/if he regains Ultimate?
We can pretty much assume that he is getting his unlocked potential back, thanks to the new opening. The Gi is a callback to that.
Yeah, i believe so too, i'm just playing safe here. i mean, it's Gohan after all..lol.